Ultramarathon glitched?

Riv1404

The counter seems to think I've ran 309,432 miles, which is supposed to be nearly 500,000 kilometers and should have unlocked the trophy, unless it's actually 309.432 m (which is only close to 500 km). If it's the former and I really do have 500,000 km (which I doubt at only 75 hours), then that would mean the trophy bugged out and depending on how Techland Support answers, I might just give up on the platinum. I don't know if I have it in me to redo all of that (if it's actually bugged of course).

Edited by SnakeSound222
  • Like 1

On 1-12-2022 at 4:09 AM, SnakeSound222 said:

The counter seems to think I've ran 309,432 miles, which is supposed to be nearly 500,000 kilometers and should have unlocked the trophy, unless it's actually 309.432 m (which is only close to 500 km). If it's the former and I really do have 500,000 km (which I doubt at only 75 hours), then that would mean the trophy bugged out and depending on how Techland Support answers, I might just give up on the platinum. I don't know if I have it in me to redo all of that (if it's actually bugged of course).

The counter in the Extras section is in meters, not miles. So you need the counter to hit 960000.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Wow, not only true nightrunner trophy but everything else. This game is like pure nightmare for trophy hunters! I feel sorry for those who got close to achieve this trophy and went back to 0 like I did. But I allready did the trophy cause somehow I knew they will mess this up as well. It still doesnt matter cause true nightrunner keeps me away for getting platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been getting on every couple of days/weeks to ride the elevator while I worked on other things and was keeping track of my progress. I finished up my elevator ride just now and returned to the main menu to see what my new distance was at and noticed a massive jump. I was previously at 614,515, but now it's at 955km. I might as well stay on a little longer and see if I can finish it before the devs do something to take it back away again.

On 5/11/2023 at 0:51 PM, N00BPWN4GE said:

I have been getting on every couple of days/weeks to ride the elevator while I worked on other things and was keeping track of my progress. I finished up my elevator ride just now and returned to the main menu to see what my new distance was at and noticed a massive jump. I was previously at 614,515, but now it's at 955km. I might as well stay on a little longer and see if I can finish it before the devs do something to take it back away again.

The elevator ride counts as distance traveled?

I can confirm after logging onto Dying Light 2 yesterday that my tracker has been fixed and the value has been restored. After my last live stream on November 29, 2022 I was at 662,616m. I played the game quite a bit in December, but then didn't touch in until the February 6, 2023 live stream, when I saw it sat at 0. I played for a couple hours and only got to 25,100m or so, and stopped playing after burnout and being disparaged from the stat reset. But playing yesterday after wanting to revisit the zombie genre and clean up my percentage a bit, I found that it had been reset back to slightly above my estimate of 870,000m, and was actually sitting at 886,897m. I know there have been like 5 or 6 patches to the game in the last 2 months and the gameplay yesterday felt incredible, so whatever they're doing they're doing it well.

Dying Light 2 Distance Traveled Screenshots

Edited by BIOHAZARD-R-US

On 13/05/2023 at 9:08 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

The elevator ride counts as distance traveled?

I can confirm after logging onto Dying Light 2 yesterday that my tracker has been fixed and the value has been restored. After my last live stream on November 29, 2022 I was at 662,616m. I played the game quite a bit in December, but then didn't touch in until the February 6, 2023 live stream, when I saw it sat at 0. I played for a couple hours and only got to 25,100m or so, and stopped playing after burnout and being disparaged from the stat reset. But playing yesterday after wanting to revisit the zombie genre and clean up my percentage a bit, I found that it had been reset back to slightly above my estimate of 870,000m, and was actually sitting at 886,897m. I know there have been like 5 or 6 patches to the game in the last 2 months and the gameplay yesterday felt incredible, so whatever they're doing they're doing it well.

Dying Light 2 Distance Traveled Screenshots

Hi! Did you write to Techland to make this happen? Mine was not fixed with the latest update. 
I finished my second playthrough with all the side quests, walking only and I'm just 133 km from about 160 hours in 
the game... I feel very discouraged..
On 11/05/2023 at 1:51 PM, N00BPWN4GE said:

What do you mean by elevator ride when you afk?

Edited by OneOksana

1 hour ago, OneOksana said:

Hi! Did you write to Techland to make this happen? Mine was not fixed with the latest update. 
I finished my second playthrough with all the side quests, walking only and I'm just 133 km from about 160 hours in 
the game... I feel very discouraged..

What do you mean by elevator ride when you afk?

Riding the elevator up to the roof of the VNC Tower and then down to the basement, then back up again does indeed count as distance traveled. I did couldn’t figure out how to AFK it, but I ran it for a bit while I was on phone calls. I did not reach out to TechLand at all, but my stats were shown on my live streams and I did post here too. I highly doubt someone at TechLand saw either, so it must’ve just been the updates that fixed it for me somehow

• Like 3

On 2023-05-21 at 0:16 AM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Riding the elevator up to the roof of the VNC Tower and then down to the basement, then back up again does indeed count as distance traveled. I did couldn’t figure out how to AFK it, but I ran it for a bit while I was on phone calls. I did not reach out to TechLand at all, but my stats were shown on my live streams and I did post here too. I highly doubt someone at TechLand saw either, so it must’ve just been the updates that fixed it for me somehow

Thanks for the tip! I definitely gonna do some elevator ride ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2023 at 10:51 AM, N00BPWN4GE said:

How well does this method work? Example, was distance traveled per trip?

3 minutes ago, blackisrealite said:

How well does this method work? Example, was distance traveled per trip?

It worked well enough for me when I was doing something else but could hear the ding of the elevator, when I arrived either at the basement or the roof, but it's not afk-able, since there's an animation that plays when you press a floor button and the final position the cursor ends up on is on the Roof button. If I recall, it was somewhere around 350m for one elevator ride. Since I also quit when I was on the roof (so I could sleep and force a save, before I quit), that's 700m a ride (350+350 roof to basement to roof).

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 8:21 AM, duncanmcleod said:

I've contacted Techland support since my distance stats have been reset and the latest update didn't seem to change anything about it. Did anyone else encounter this situation ?

There was a major update in January or February (can’t remember, but it’s in this thread) where it seems like a lot of people, myself included, had their travel distance reset. It got fixed a month or so later for me, along with all 3 or 4 bugged trophies I should’ve earned months prior.