Trophy Thoughts?

44 minutes ago, BuBBeRX said:

How is the online ranking? Start at rank 1 and climb to 16?

When entering Ranked Match for the first time, the player is asked to test their skill by participating in 3 vs-CPU matches. I intentionally lost all of them and started at Rank 2. I’m not sure if it is possible to start at Rank 1.

The trials look actually pretty damn easy if you are decent at fighting games. Watched some on youtube and it's only 5 per character and they aren't crazy long like the cancer in KOF13. So I would assume a somewhat easy plat for a veteran. I might go for this one since it doesn't have stupid 6 people online trophies like that last one.

Looks really good to me.

- No stupid Grind like in 14.

- No Stupid Ultra hard Combos like in 13.

- Not to easy or to hard.

- Recommend this Game.

And of Course another Fighting Game for the FG Leaderboard. The Next one Phantom Breaker Omnia is right Around the Corner too. :)

• Like 1

If you increased your rank in Ranked Match, but found CONGRATULATIONS! trophy (increased your rank) not unlocked, don’t worry!

The ranks are named as below in original Japanese text:

1. 入門者 V
  2. 入門者 IV
  3. 入門者 III
  4. 入門者 II
  5. 入門者 I
  6. 格闘家 V
  7. 格闘家 IV
  8. 格闘家 III
  9. 格闘家 II
  10. 格闘家 I
  11. 師範代 V
  12. 師範代 IV
  13. 師範代 III
  14. 師範代 II
  15. 師範代 I
  16. 達人 V
  17. 達人 IV
  18. 達人 III
  19. 達人 II
  20. 達人 I
  21. 覇者 V
  22. 覇者 IV
  23. 覇者 III
  24. 覇者 II
  25. 覇者 I
  26. 拳皇 V
  27. 拳皇 IV
  28. 拳皇 III
  29. 拳皇 II
  30. 拳皇 I
  31. Champion

As you could see, 31 ranks are split into 7 macro-ranks: 入門者, 格闘家, 師範代, 達人, 覇者, 拳皇 and Champion.

By “increased your rank”, they originally mean something like Rank 5 → 6, 10 → 11, etc. So, don’t worry if you increased your rank but the trophy remained unlocked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lordryuuken said:

BTW, the Gotcha trophy for some reason isn't actually for performing throws, but rather for breaking away from throws.

Yeah, I was wondering why this one wasn't unlocking, despite doing specific throw actions (normal and commands). But yeah, throw breaking from the CPU isn't easy unless you know when its coming. Though I suppose its easier to do this one online with a boosting partner.

That and they might need to change up the trophy description. (Doubtful...)

8 hours ago, GoldUnit1001 said:

I'm currently having an issue unlocking the rank 16 trophy on the PS4 version. I finished the PS5 version and my online rank which is currently rank 19 carried over to the PS4 version. I think I might have to get demoted in order to unlock it but wanted to get someone's advice before I do that.

I'm sure that going back to Rank 15 and re-reaching Rank 16+ again does unlcok that trophy.

Edited by ChenZheCHN

9 hours ago, GoldUnit1001 said:

I'm currently having an issue unlocking the rank 16 trophy on the PS4 version. I finished the PS5 version and my online rank which is currently rank 19 carried over to the PS4 version. I think I might have to get demoted in order to unlock it but wanted to get someone's advice before I do that.

When u open PS4 version, did any trophy auto pop?

14 hours ago, lordryuuken said:

BTW, the Gotcha trophy for some reason isn't actually for performing throws, but rather for breaking away from throws.

Thank you!

I've played through story mode several times now and have probably done hundreds of throws and this was not unlocking...plenty of other people have unlocked it and I wasn't able to find anyone talking about it so thought I encountered a bug.

13 hours ago, NeoStrayCat said:

Yeah, I was wondering why this one wasn't unlocking, despite doing specific throw actions (normal and commands). But yeah, throw breaking from the CPU isn't easy unless you know when its coming. Though I suppose its easier to do this one online with a boosting partner.

That and they might need to change up the trophy description. (Doubtful...)

Like quite a few other trophies in this list, this one has the (excl. PvP matches/training mode) in the description so I assume it has to be done against the AI...in my experience so far they rarely ever try to throw me. Other people have got it done quite fast though so perhaps it can be done online.

8 hours ago, Caudill said:

Thank you!

I've played through story mode several times now and have probably done hundreds of throws and this was not unlocking...plenty of other people have unlocked it and I wasn't able to find anyone talking about it so thought I encountered a bug.

Like quite a few other trophies in this list, this one has the (excl. PvP matches/training mode) in the description so I assume it has to be done against the AI...in my experience so far they rarely ever try to throw me. Other people have got it done quite fast though so perhaps it can be done online.

Gotcha trophy = breaking away from opponent throws 10 times.

(excl. PvP matches/training mode) = exclude Versus mode / Training Mode, perform the move under any online mode / story mode are able to unlock the trophies.

I was playing online mode for past few days after finish Story mode once, most of my perform xxx how many times trophies were unlocked while I boost the online trophies via PS4 account versus PS5 account with both consoles.

For those who have trouble to obtain One Punch trophy, here are a simple tips to do in Training mode for earning it.

Select Terry Bogard, push your opponent to corner > Max Mode > Light Power Gesyer > (Advance Cancel) Max Buster Wolf > (Climax Cancel) Stardust Ignition.

This could be the most easy way to obtain this trophy, you don't need to care about learning 1xx unlimit combo for Robert before 1.02 patch.