Banned from Matchmaking

MiserySQRL

are you banned for maximum time (24 hours) or permanent? I don't remember anyone being banned "forever", if that happens it must be in cases where the game detects cheating or something serious.

4 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

are you banned for maximum time (24 hours) or permanent? I don't remember anyone being banned "forever", if that happens it must be in cases where the game detects cheating or something serious.

Nope, 5 minutes. I'm not happy with this BS. I tried the exploit for Closing Application and Relaunch the game. It did not work. That is why I can't do the 100% Completion because of this.

Edited by MiserySQRL

2 minutes ago, MiserySQRL said:

Nope, 5 minutes. I'm not happy with this BS.

In competitive, matchmaking bans start at 5 minutes for dropping once. If you abandon another match within 12 hours, the timeout goes to 10 minutes, then 20 minutes, then 40 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, and finally 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 9:28 PM, MiserySQRL said:

Seriously?! Leaving the online match and get banned from matchmaking. I'm just trash at that game and people are being OP. Game was unfair and I was trying to get online trophies in that game.

Kinda pathetic man, of course you would get a small punishment for hindering the game for other people. 

• Like 4

On 18/02/2022 at 3:52 AM, kevao97 said:

In competitive, matchmaking bans start at 5 minutes for dropping once. If you abandon another match within 12 hours, the timeout goes to 10 minutes, then 20 minutes, then 40 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, and finally 24 hours.

You get banned for leaving in the casual playlist as well, best option is just voting to concede.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Troz said:

As a Rocket League player, I am glad it gives penalties like this. Cmon man, you had to make a forum post for a 5 minute ban?!?!

Please do not leave your teammates like that. You won't get better leaving.

although I find it valid and fair punishment for abandonment, many games unfairly punish after connection drops, confusing it with abandonment (Paladins for example). mechanics that should be tweaked.

On 2/18/2022 at 2:28 AM, MiserySQRL said:

Seriously?! Leaving the online match and get banned from matchmaking. I'm just trash at that game and people are being OP. Game was unfair and I was trying to get online trophies in that game.

How is the game unfair in this regard? Nearly every online game will have some form of punishment for leaving games. And it's only 5 minutes, unless you're doing it frequently, in which case the punishment will rightfully get more and more severe. And generally speaking, opponents will be at or around your level, so nobody should really be OP in comparison to your own skill level. I'm sure the teammates you bailed on won't share your sense of injustice. How do you think they felt when you bailed, happy!? There are other ways to go about earning trophies without ruining the fun for other people.

I'm sorry, but this comes across as extreme entitlement and whining from you, and I'm glad the game banned you from matchmaking. Maybe you will learn your lesson from now on. RL is already one of the most toxic games to play online, and people bailing on games is a common occurrence. Don't add to the toxicity for the people who genuinely want to play and have fun. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

although I find it valid and fair punishment for abandonment, many games unfairly punish after connection drops, confusing it with abandonment (Paladins for example). mechanics that should be tweaked.

Rocket League does not reprimand when connection drops.

54 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

There's no way to guarantee a connection drop was "legit" or the guy could simply pull the ethernet cable from the modem to avoid a timeout. As legit disconnections are quite rare (even for shitty countries like Brazil, connection uptime is ok), nobody will die for a one-time 5 minute timeout due to disconnection.

11 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

There's no way to guarantee a connection drop was "legit" or the guy could simply pull the ethernet cable from the modem to avoid a timeout. As legit disconnections are quite rare (even for shitty countries like Brazil, connection uptime is ok), nobody will die for a one-time 5 minute timeout due to disconnection.

on paladins these connection drops resulted in hours unable to play and consequently lost boosting sessions for that. It must be easy to say "nobody is going to die" when you probably have a decent connection in your house and don't experience this kind of problem. It seems unlikely to me that a guy would purposely take down his own internet to get out of a game unscathed, multiple times.

3 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

on paladins these connection drops resulted in hours unable to play and consequently lost boosting sessions for that. It must be easy to say "nobody is going to die" when you probably have a decent connection in your house and don't experience this kind of problem. It seems unlikely to me that a guy would purposely take down his own internet to get out of a game unscathed, multiple times.

If somebody has a poor connection the issue is 100% on their side and not on a fair anti-cheat/abuse game measure. It's not unlikely, toxic players will always abuse the game mechanics the most they can. It's fair if the devs are trying to make for a better experience punishing bad behaviour like quitting.

You can't complain if you're using your ISP modem's poor 2.4 GHz WiFi on a Fat PS4 20 meters away with lots of walls in-between. There's no way to distinguish from a legit poor connection from a lag-switcher or someone who will pull the plug to avoid a temporary ban.

Legit gamers that won't keep quitting have thousands of tutorial on how to improve connection and tons of way to do so (Long ethernet cables, WiFi repeaters, powerlines, etc)

7 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

If somebody has a poor connection the issue is 100% on their side and not on a fair anti-cheat/abuse game measure. It's not unlikely, toxic players will always abuse the game mechanics the most they can. It's fair if the devs are trying to make for a better experience punishing bad behaviour like quitting.

You can't complain if you're using your ISP modem's poor 2.4 GHz WiFi on a Fat PS4 20 meters away with lots of walls in-between. There's no way to distinguish from a legit poor connection from a lag-switcher or someone who will pull the plug to avoid a temporary ban.

Legit gamers that won't keep quitting have thousands of tutorial on how to improve connection and tons of way to do so (Long ethernet cables, WiFi repeaters, powerlines, etc)

my friend, i just had a thought that there should be a way to notice when a user loses connection. it's quite simply. just thought casually without the technical part. but since you say with 100% certainty that it is literally impossible for the game to notice when a user is disconnected and not abandoning, I will believe it.

and yes, ultimately it's the user's fault, I never said no.

if there really is no way to differentiate a legitimate connection drop, ok. but that doesn't mean it's fair.

9 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

my friend, i just had a thought that there should be a way to notice when a user loses connection. it's quite simply. just thought casually without the technical part. but since you say with 100% certainty that it is literally impossible for the game to notice when a user is disconnected and not abandoning, I will believe it.

and yes, ultimately it's the user's fault, I never said no.

if there really is no way to differentiate a legitimate connection drop, ok. but that doesn't mean it's fair.

What would be your suggestion?

A way would be to train a machine learning model to identify traffic information from a given user to try to classify traffic behaviour between a legit DC or a forced/caused one. That would be a huge headache to code for the developers and a lot more stress for servers who need to already deal with thousand of matches simultaneously.

It's not cost effective to implement some solution like this for such a minor problem.

So most games will take the simpler routes: "Did not finish your last match which you searched for and took part in? Timeout for you to stop doing that or improving your connection" or the other one, more exploitable "If you quit from the in-game menu, that's a timeout, otherwise it's not a timeout". (Easily exploitable, just close the game through menu or pull the plug)

6 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

What would be your suggestion?

A way would be to train a machine learning model to identify traffic information from a given user to try to classify traffic behaviour between a legit DC or a forced/caused one. That would be a huge headache to code for the developers and a lot more stress for servers who need to already deal with thousand of matches simultaneously.

It's not cost effective to implement some solution like this for such a minor problem.

So most games will take the simpler routes: "Did not finish your last match which you searched for and took part in? Timeout for you to stop doing that or improving your connection" or the other one, more exploitable "If you quit from the in-game menu, that's a timeout, otherwise it's not a timeout". (Easily exploitable, just close the game through menu or pull the plug)

I'm not a programmer and I have zero knowledge about coding, so there's not much to suggest on my part. lol just a thought. it's just funny how many amazing things we can do but seemingly insignificant things like that are not achievable. how could i imagine? living and learning i guess ?:dunno:

To Hell with everyone at Psyonix and Epic for this fucking piece of trash.

Gotta love the game freezing and crashing, during a casual match, twice in an hour, and then I get banned for "frequently abandoning the team."

AND you want money from me? LOOOOOOOL get fucked.

EDIT: Even though I've redownloaded/installed the game, it has frozen/crashed 5 times in 3 days. The bans are now up to 2hrs long.

Edited by effdeegee

On 3/5/2022 at 3:15 AM, iFraaN97 said:

You get banned for leaving in the casual playlist as well, best option is just voting to concede.

Can confirm, this is the best way to quit without consequences. Going afk will also kick you but I can’t remember if you receive a ban for doing so.

Not sure which trophies OP is going for but a lot of this game can be self boosted. There are a lot of good tips for RL on TrueAchievements.