Some trophies autopop (PS5 > PS4)!

WereyCar

If like me you played the PS5 version first, you'd assume you can't auto pop the plat, which would be correct.

However! Your online state carries between both games, meaning whatever inventory you have coins and gear wise when you boot up the game, will still exist in the ps4 version!

I autopopped all Gear and Coin and a couple online trophies by just beating the tutorial.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4-10-2022 at 7:52 PM, The Alchemist said:

Good thing I came across this thread. I didn't know what the hell was happening when I booted up the PS4 version only to unlock the 50,000 coins trophy moments after winning the intro race. Had no idea any trophies auto-popped to be honest.

I just booted the ps4 version after getting plat on ps5, but nothing autopopped? Did you do anything different? 

37 minutes ago, HansPatat050 said:

I just booted the ps4 version after getting plat on ps5, but nothing autopopped? Did you do anything different? 

Nope. I booted the game up, opened my free blind box, completed the tutorial race and afterwards I got the trophies for 2,500 gears and 50,000 coins. I actually had 8,500 gears and 58,597 coins or something like that.

The first post mentions whatever is in your inventory carries over, so maybe that's why nothing popped for you? Do you have any coins or gears on the PS5 version? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Nope. I booted the game up, opened my free blind box, completed the tutorial race and afterwards I got the trophies for 2,500 gears and 50,000 coins. I actually had 8,500 gears and 58,597 coins or something like that.

The first post mentions whatever is in your inventory carries over, so maybe that's why nothing popped for you? Do you have any coins or gears on the PS5 version? 

Ah that figures, no I've got almost no gears or coins on ps5 version, used them all. Thanks!

16 hours ago, Pazuzu98224 said:

Does anything carry over as far as online wins from PS5 to PS4? If not that might be a deal breaker for me as the online stuff drove me crazy.

As far as I can tell, it's only coins and gears that transfer over, nothing else. That being said, you only need to win 5 multiplayer races to earn all 3 multiplayer trophies. It only takes 10 minutes with a boosting partner.

Edited by Stevieboy

Nothing transferred or popped for me. Had over 100 000 coins and 6000 gears. Everything is reseted, playing one race offline and online also didn’t help. My PS+ is on another account so no cloud save if it matters, but it should not? This could have prevented long grind.

And I did connect and play online with over 100 000 coins that I still have right now.

Edited by J-Isoniemi

On 10/6/2022 at 8:19 PM, The Alchemist said:

As far as I can tell, it's only coins and gears that transfer over, nothing else. That being said, you only need to win 5 multiplayer races to earn all 3 multiplayer trophies. It only takes 10 minutes with a boosting partner.

can ps4 players connect with ps5 players online? (example, self boosting your own ps4 with a ps5)

I’ve also been fidgeting with things, trying to get PS4 to register my coins or inventory from PS5. But nothing seems to be sharing, it’s still treating it as its own thing. Might try deleting save data for PS4 ver. and start fresh once more now that I’m a lot farther in my PS5 version and have plenty of coins.

There’s also an Unlink Unleashed Profile button in Profile Settings, maybe you can unlink and link to refresh the share? but I’m lowkey scared that’ll ruin something with my PS5 progress since it’s tied to it. lmao

2 hours ago, RaidenXS said:

Was this changed with a patch? I'm not getting anything shared between versions.

This is what I think too.

1 hour ago, Mthrandil said:

I’ve also been fidgeting with things, trying to get PS4 to register my coins or inventory from PS5. But nothing seems to be sharing, it’s still treating it as its own thing. Might try deleting save data for PS4 ver. and start fresh once more now that I’m a lot farther in my PS5 version and have plenty of coins.

There’s also an Unlink Unleashed Profile button in Profile Settings, maybe you can unlink and link to refresh the share? but I’m lowkey scared that’ll ruin something with my PS5 progress since it’s tied to it. lmao

I didn’t have PS4 save before, so doubt it will help you.

I was also thinking Unlink might help, but was also scared to try it. And no one here had to use it? and it still worked for them. 

Anyway the grind wasn’t so bad, not even 2nd time.

15 hours ago, Mthrandil said:

I tried the deleting and unlinking the PS5 version. Neither worked. You're welcome to test from your perspective

On 10/15/2022 at 2:34 AM, RaidenXS said:

I tried the deleting and unlinking the PS5 version. Neither worked. You're welcome to test from your perspective

Yeah, tried everything that I mentioned above- deleting PS4 save, restarting fresh to see if it imported and shared any currencies from PS5, nothing. Unlinking and Linking Unleashed Profile on PS4 also didn’t do anything.

On 10/14/2022 at 0:46 PM, J-Isoniemi said:

This is what I think too.

I didn’t have PS4 save before, so doubt it will help you.

I was also thinking Unlink might help, but was also scared to try it. And no one here had to use it? and it still worked for them. 

Anyway the grind wasn’t so bad, not even 2nd time.

I agree, not really a bad grind anyway. It would have just eliminated some extra time, since I’ve got like 3k gears and 25k coins stocked up on PS5.

I’ll probably just knock out the PS4 version here and there afterwards ?