Trophy thoughts

Messknecht

1 hour ago, HarvZGames said:

https://steamcommunity.com/stats/1431290/achievements

Looking at steam users it seems hard (Dont think many people have it on steam though). So it may be easy who knows

My first impressions of the game so far:

- as mentioned in my first post its a potpourri of VR challenges and mini games; pacour, puzzles, shooting range, time challenges etc. 

- looking at the trophies its pretty much obvious what to do and they are shown in an order when/where you're able to do it. 

- you can replay every level/challenge

- so far it looks like an easy game

5 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Hmm, games I’m not directly interested in I usually wait to see if all trophies are obtainable before I pull the trigger. That’s the case for me with this game.

Totally understandable, I'll keep you up. 

Edited by Messknecht
  • Like 2

I played this before launch, and there's quite a few story based trophies, but getting A grade in each mini-game will have varying levels of difficulty. 

However, getting A grade in Get A Clue is extremely easy if you know what to do. (It's an escape room puzzle, which is randomised to some extent, so I could make a guide of some kind) - However, the only requirement in that is completing the puzzle in under 5 minutes or something. (I tested it a few times and 4:02 was the slowest A grade time I got)

There are quite a few miscellaneous trophies too, including wielding a garbage can lid as a shield. Easy to do but easily missable too. 

From my experience playing this game before launch, the trophies won't be a huge problem, but it does rely on luck to an extent and ability. If anyone has any questions, I'll be more than happy to help as best as I can. 

However, I did also make a full game video if you're interested in seeing gameplay.

• Like 3

I'll try to at least complete the game eventually, but not sure I'll go for the platinum yet since being a tall person and not having a big enough room for VR makes those A scores (and stuff like Fizzball) quite challenging ? My dog also does not like the VR headset or its many cables at all so he has to spend any time I play VR games during with my brother, which is not an easy thing to set up either. Might have to wait for the new VR set before trying for a plat.

• Like 2

The game looks like it has a pretty good story and wacky dialogue as per usual.

I would be leary of there trophy lists as while not hard, they usually are ridiculous things to accomplish that are intentionally made over complex.

2 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

However, I did also make a full game video if you're interested in seeing gameplay.

I found the dart throwing scene to be especially painful while using VR.  Doesn't look easy at all with bad hit detection.

I've been working away at some of the miscellaneous trophies, including getting 10 home runs in one game of Fizzball (I got 8 when standing up, despite not having a huge amount of room available), so it might be slightly luck based (depending on what type of throws Sam makes), but I would say standing up is definitely the best option. Although I have tried the bat thing that's not the baseball bat, but I found the hit detection to be a little janky. Basically, it's gonna be a mixture of luck and practice. 

I have made some progress on the A rank trophies as well, and there is a faster walking speed or teleporting if you prefer, but you can only teleport so far. However, the faster walking speed certainly makes A ranks on Voyage Of Pain & Tunnel Of Tough Love a bit easier, as well as makes the game go by a little quicker (although it is fairly short as it is)

8 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

I found the dart throwing scene to be especially painful while using VR.  Doesn't look easy at all with bad hit detection.

Sadly the hit detection is a little janky when playing Fizzball or shooting hoops or throwing Max or darts, so there is a bit of luck involved in that. 

9 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

@StygianWolf4 Amazing job! I may hit you up for tips / tricks when the time comes :)

Thanks Mike! :) That's totally cool, hit me up anytime! I will be posting some tips and stuff regarding the trophies and some A ranks at some point as well, so hopefully it will prove beneficial to people. 

Edited by StygianWolf4
  • Like 1

Wow, I've been playing Sam & Max games since the '90s, but I had no idea this had been released on PSVR. I'm guessing no one else did either, because there are only 6 owners so far. All the 0% achievements are intimidating so I think I'll wait a bit to see if there are any buggy trophies or if it's just a really challenging game. I've been burned too many times in the past. This looks right up my alley, though. 

7 hours ago, bud-arc said:

Wow, I've been playing Sam & Max games since the '90s, but I had no idea this had been released on PSVR. I'm guessing no one else did either, because there are only 6 owners so far. All the 0% achievements are intimidating so I think I'll wait a bit to see if there are any buggy trophies or if it's just a really challenging game. I've been burned too many times in the past. This looks right up my alley, though. 

On the contrary, it's been on my radar since last year, but then again, I do love VR games, and that probably contributes to the low number of players (plus it came out yesterday) - But from what I've played, none of the trophies are buggy or challenging exactly, but it's mostly just knowing what unlocks those trophies. Plus I haven't synced the trophies I've earned from my alt account, so there's less 0% trophies than PSNP shows (technically)

I do plan to make a forum post regarding the trophies, as a guide of sorts, so maybe that will prove helpful in a way. 

3 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

haha, I wanted to make a Trophy Thoughts? myself. You beat me to it. :)

What are your thoughts as of now?

• Like 1

I've created a video to help anyone playing this game, regarding A rank on Get A Clue. It's not a particularly hard puzzle without a guide, but it will more than likely save some headache if you're not great at escape room style puzzles. Getting A rank on this mini-game will earn you a trophy, as well as contributing to the "Lumpy Cum Laude" trophy for getting A ranks in all 9 mini-games. 

8 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

I've created a video to help anyone playing this game, regarding A rank on Get A Clue. It's not a particularly hard puzzle without a guide, but it will more than likely save some headache if you're not great at escape room style puzzles. Getting A rank on this mini-game will earn you a trophy, as well as contributing to the "Lumpy Cum Laude" trophy for getting A ranks in all 9 mini-games. 

Fantastic work! How are the other mini-games, difficulty wise? I know most are seemingly luck based, but is it to the point of frustration?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Fantastic work! How are the other mini-games, difficulty wise? I know most are seemingly luck based, but is it to the point of frustration?

The hardest and most frustrating one looks to be Fizz Ball (baseball sim) and getting homeruns, all the others have been pretty manageable and obtained second or third try.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KyonKuchiki said:

The hardest and most frustrating one looks to be Fizz Ball (baseball sim) and getting homeruns, all the others have been pretty manageable and obtained second or third try.

Fizz Ball is definitely luck based. My record is 8 home runs in 1 game, and still got a B rank I believe. 

52 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

@StygianWolf4 I didn’t know ‘Stygian’ was actually a word until I heard Sam say it in this game; your username is actually the first time I’ve seen Stygian lol

It's not a word that gets used much. However, when I changed my PSN name, I wanted a word that fitted well with the word "wolf", but stygian for those who aren't aware, simply means very dark. - But I was surprised to hear someone use the word if I'm honest. 

11 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

Thanks Mike! The Voyage Of Pain is very easy to A rank (especially if you have fast walking speed but it is possible with the normal speed) - Although there are some misc trophies within that minigate challenge too. 

Tunnel Of Tough Love is fairly easy with some practice. 

Fizz Ball is probably the most luck based one. I haven't used the stick bat much but I don't know if that one works as well as the baseball bat. I got 8 HRs in 1 game with that. 

Edited by StygianWolf4
  • Like 2

On 2/24/2022 at 7:33 AM, Prometheous101 said:

Seems decent from what I see, I do lately like level based games so this seems it would fit me well, same as MikeCheck I am going to wait a bit when Its confirmed everything is obtainable and maybe goes on sale.

It's possible to platinum; I just got it, first in the world! Trophies are a bit glitched in that sometimes they don't pop when they should. When that happens, you have to quit out of the game entirely and reload back into it, and unfortunately do the task over again. If it happens to glitch on your A-rank trophy for one of the mini games, you'll have to A rank the game again.

11 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Fizz Ball is probably the most luck based one. I haven't used the stick bat much but I don't know if that one works as well as the baseball bat. I got 8 HRs in 1 game with that. 

I got 147 points and it was a B-rank. When I got 250, it was an A. So hopefully an A rank is only 150.

As for the Magna Cum Laude trophy, that doesn't pop automatically when you get your last A. Once your report card has all As, you have to go back to the graduation/credit scene in order to pop the trophy.

• Like 2