RPG Mania 2022 - Return of the Turn Based Gameplay - Congrats Laburnski! (Completed)

On 2022-09-06 at 2:21 AM, Sendai-Horatio said:

Hey is there anything missable or difficulty sensitive for the platinum or is it  just as straightforward as the trophies imply? I know the first game had a bunch of S ranks needed for the missions, did this game do away with those?

The game doesn't give you the option for difficulty so there nothing to worry there but there are somethings that might be missable though I'm not 100% sure so take it with a grain of salt is all I'm saying since I made sure to keep a look out for everything but the one related to the illustrations might be missable unless it carry overs to the next chapter which I never did hence why I can't give you a sure answer and there is another part that story related since they only show up in one of the last chapters which you need to check every area since they don't show up on the map but that about it since there is no S rank stuff in this one and if you get all the illustrations it will unlock after you beat the game. That pretty much it and in case you are confused on the level one, that just the total between all the characters that are leveled up which I will say level doesn't go up if you use a item btw so really just try to have food exp when you can to make it easier.

• 2 weeks later...

update #6

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin   (170.96 )  +  DLC Trophy Pack 1 (13 )

100 + 67 - 46.04 =120.96 + 50 ( speed run bonus ) = 170.96

update #7

SD Gundam: Battle Alliance   (229.8)

100 + 64 - 34.20 = 129.8 + 50 ( speed run bonus ) + 50 ( new game bonus ) = 229.8

update #8

Soul Hackers 2   (250.45)

100 + 70 - 19.55 = 150.45 + 50 ( speed run bonus ) + 50 ( new game bonus ) = 250.45

Edited by Laburnski
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Asdivine Cross
100+67 - 47.37 = 119.63

Asdivine Kamura
100+69 - 53.99 +25 ( Series Stacker) = 140.01

Asdivine Menace

100+64 - 48.12 +50 ( Series Stacker) = 165.88

Asdivine Saga

100+70 - 48.68 +75 ( Series Stacker) + 50 (Speed Bonus) = 246.32

Ghost Sync

100+66 - 57.00 + 50 (Speed Bonus)  = 159.00

Justice Chronicles

100+65 - 24.64 + 50 (Speed Bonus)  = 190.36

Genshin Impact - DLC Trophy Pack 7

4+8  = 12

Thanks

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2022 at 2:00 AM, Spinacheq said:

@Psy-Tychist Just a quick question about the series bonus.  What exactly determines the series?  I.E.  I know all the god of war games would be a series, and I saw the example for kingdom hearts.  I was curious though about games like Atelier ones.  The site calls all the Atelier part of the Atelier Series, so I was unsure if completing one that isn't a Atelier Ryza would count?  I currently don't own any others outside of the 2 Ryza's but I did have fun with it so I might pick up more. :) 

As Lord_Bane pointed out, if it falls in the series tracker on the PSNP site and is an RPG then it will count for the series stacker.

So any game that falls under the Atelier name (Rorona, Meruru, Ryza, Shaille etc) should be part of the series.

On 03/06/2022 at 4:53 PM, Sanevin said:

@Psy-Tychist  Did you ever find time to fill out the score spreadsheet?  I'm curious where everybody is at but it's still showing as all 0s for me.  If you've been busy, no worries I just want to make sure it's not just me.

I'm filling it all in now, should have a complete and up to date scoreboard as of the end of the day.

On 11/06/2022 at 9:51 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I did a quick and dirty calculation, as I was curious where everyone was at.  I haven't double checked any scores and just went on what everyone has posted in the thread, but if I have missed anything ....take it with a grain of salt as obviously Psy will pull everything together on his spreadsheet.  I've also not checked any of the profiles of people who haven't posted their completions.

(Table)

Thank you for doing that, at least it looks like people were earning points and doing well with their RPG completions.

On 23/06/2022 at 4:53 PM, Sendai-Horatio said:

I think I may have missed adding the speed run bonus for two games.

I'm #20 on the Void terrarium boards and Number 40 on the Skyrim VR boards, does this mean I should add another 100 points to my score?

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/6931-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/12945-void-trrlm-void-terrarium

Yes, it would be added to the total, and I have done so in the spreadsheet.

So, I am nearly up to date, I just have several games from @AlterArchuria, @fisty123, @Laburnski and @Sendai-Horatio to add from September onwards. 

Just a quick note to @acasser, @CaptainMonkster, @Deadly_Ha_Ha, @Leon Castle, @Lord_Bane999 and @willythom88, I haven't seen any games completed so far, how are you doing on the RPG front? Also missing the Double/Triple points games, but it's a bit late in the game now.

@FreeSpark22 have you got Double and Triple games that you didn't mention or did you not have any in the first place?

To everyone, hopefully I will be on top of this all and we can have fun in the games.

I was thinking of a special multiplier each month to promote different themes or series, what would everyone think of that?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just a quick note to @acasser,I haven't seen any games completed so far, how are you doing on the RPG front? Also missing the Double/Triple points games, but it's a bit late in the game now.

I chose to ignore the competition this year even though I still follow this thread.

I spent a couple of months replaying some old RPGs when the urge struck me, and I've spent a fair amount of the remainder playing non-RPGs.  After two years of cramming RPGs, my backlog was a little lopsided away from those.... and honestly, I haven't enjoyed how this competition has distorted the way I play games at times (and which games I play).  And given the way the rest of my year has gone (in Real Life), it's probably for the better that I've done things this way.

12 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just a quick note to @Leon Castle I haven't seen any games completed so far, how are you doing on the RPG front? Also missing the Double/Triple points games, but it's a bit late in the game now.

My name is not in the Competitors list, did decide to not be in this year. Only backlog RPG I cleared this year was Tales of Xillia 2 and right now I'm working on Atelier Sophie 2 so I have been playing some RPGs and other genres without the "is it a RPG or is it not" worry I would have if I joined this year. If the veto is staying then I might join next year's mania if there is one.

13 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I was thinking of a special multiplier each month to promote different themes or series, what would everyone think of that?

For this "special multiplier", would Most Wanted games not count for it? say if the theme for October was Halloween then Touhou Genso Wanderer, Cross Edge, Diablo II: Resurrected, Disgaea 4, Guided Fate Paradox, Mugen Souls and Record of Agarest War Zero might have counted if Most Wanted games was allowed. Still might be a good idea to add in the next year's RPG mania if others like the idea.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

So, I am nearly up to date, I just have several games from @AlterArchuria, @fisty123, @Laburnski and @Sendai-Horatio to add from September onwards. 

Just a quick note to @acasser, @CaptainMonkster, @Deadly_Ha_Ha, @Leon Castle, @Lord_Bane999 and @willythom88, I haven't seen any games completed so far, how are you doing on the RPG front? Also missing the Double/Triple points games, but it's a bit late in the game now.

@FreeSpark22 have you got Double and Triple games that you didn't mention or did you not have any in the first place?

To everyone, hopefully I will be on top of this all and we can have fun in the games.

I've been busy between server shutdowns and work but been doing some MMORPGs as part of server shutdowns. So I by end of December there will be a few games I will be scoring including one Grindy MMORPG that I'm almost at 400hrs playtime on. @.@