'Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor' Gameplay + Interview

Just woke up and this was the first thing i laid eyes on this morning, and what a pleasant surprise it was. I didn't know anything about this game either, but its definitely caught my attention - Assassin's Creed and Batman being two of my favorite ips of the past-generation, the game also reminds me of the Witcher, which is a good thing.

Time for me to invest some time in The Lord of the Rings lore. lol

I'm a huge LOTR fan, and am all for giving things like this the benefit of the doubt. Even if its as bad as Aragorn's Quest.

But idk about this.

I'll admit, the graphics look amazing, the gameplay AC-esque, and the open world ideas they talk about sound too good to be true.

But don't insult LOTR fans by saying you're going to remain faithful to the lore and canon of the books while at the same time tell us your main character is going to be a man with wraith-like abilities.

I literally laughed after reading that.

Again, looks like a good game, but don't shit on the source material and expect fans to be ok with it.

Edited by rsoto1125

I'm a huge LOTR fan, and am all for giving things like this the benefit of the doubt. Even if its as bad as Aragorn's Quest.

But idk about this.

I'll admit, the graphics look amazing, the gameplay AC-esque, and the open world ideas they talk about sound too good to be true.

But don't insult LOTR fans by saying you're going to remain faithful to the lore and canon of the books while at the same time tell us your main character is going to be a man with wraith-like abilities.

I literally laughed after reading that.

Again, looks like a good game, but don't shit on the source material and expect fans to be ok with it.

A wraith doesn't necessarily mean a Ringwraith. They're past caricatures of people who lived who are still alive through some sort of magic. And there isn't anything really stating wraiths can't bond with men in the case of Ringwraiths, I mean how were the 9 Numenorean corrupted? 

• 3 weeks later...