A warning about this game's platinum.

CelestialRequiem

7 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Wow really. Can you give any info?

Yeah. First, there are trophies for completing every mission without taking damage. The trophy description is a little misleading. You have shields in this game -- so taking a hit while a shield is active negates the trophy. The description should simply be "Do not get hit". 

The real bitch of a mission with these trophies is the last one. It's the longest, with a ruthless final boss. Also, once you beat the final boss, there's an escape sequence (like The Wonderful 101) that is insanely difficult to get through without blowing up. I've died like at least four times on that run. 

Finally, the game is difficult in general. Normal mode shows little mercy -- and you still have Hard and Plat Hard. Also... the game escalates to a new difficulty once you've completed a run. There's a trophy for beating "Level 10" -- which means your game loop has to escalate 10 runs from plat hard. There's 14 difficulties in this game. So that run is going to take at least 10 hours to complete. And if you die... then your ass is starting on Plat Hard again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Yeah. First, there are trophies for completing every mission without taking damage. The trophy description is a little misleading. You have shields in this game -- so taking a hit while a shield is active negates the trophy. The description should simply be "Do not get hit". 

The real bitch of a mission with these trophies is the last one. It's the longest, with a ruthless final boss. Also, once you beat the final boss, there's an escape sequence (like The Wonderful 101) that is insanely difficult to get through without blowing up. I've died like at least four times on that run. 

Finally, the game is difficult in general. Normal mode shows little mercy -- and you still have Hard and Plat Hard. Also... the game escalates to a new difficulty once you've completed a run. There's a trophy for beating "Level 10" -- which means your game loop has to escalate 10 runs from plat hard. There's 14 difficulties in this game. So that run is going to take at least 10 hours to complete. And if you die... then your ass is starting on Plat Hard again. 

So you need to loop it 10 times with increasing difficulty?

3 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

An average run is about an hour. It's a bit long for a shmup. 

That's really absurd. And 10 loops with that. What were they thinking? 

Btw i saw a vid . They said its rather a bad game, design wise

Just now, Vergil said:

That's really absurd. And 10 loops with that. What were they thinking? 

Btw i saw a vid . They said its rather a bad game, design wise

That's really unfortunate because I think it's one of the best Shmups in years. Thwarts ZeroRanger for even some friends of mine. 

I think the game is absolutely quality. Try it for yourself sometime. :)

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

It's the hardest "Fromsoftware" game so

All this talk about an optional boss in Elden Ring being the hardest fight of all-time by FromSoftware, meanwhile 9-Ball in Another Age will just bifurcate you for the lulz and it's a mandatory mission. 

2 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Wait, can you start with 99 lives?

No. Max you can start with is 5.

1 minute ago, Sydoki said:

That sounds...absolutely ludicrous LOL. But then again, there are some absolutely mad people here who no doubt will do it...eventually. Looking forward to seeing who gets it frist!

We're going to go months without seeing a plat achiever. Hard to say who will get it first. 

I used to be pretty decent at bullet hell games. My crowning achievement in the genre was 1cc-ing Imperishable Night on hard. But that was over a decade ago and even at my peak this plat would be well beyond my skill ceiling. I’ll think about picking the game up at least. I’m not the type to worry about having a 100% account. 

• Like 2

Haven't started this game yet but I heard that the game tends to soft-lock randomly at some point with no way to progress without having to close the app, mainly during bosses or after beating a stage.

On 16/3/2022 at 2:35 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

There's a trophy for beating "Level 10" -- which means your game loop has to escalate 10 runs from plat hard. There's 14 difficulties in this game. So that run is going to take at least 10 hours to complete. And if you die... then your ass is starting on Plat Hard again. 

I saw a 1CC video on Plat Hard and it seems that Plat Hard is actually "Level 5" difficulty, so if you start on Plat Hard you "only" need to do 6 loops. But still, that would be about 6 to 7 hours without having the game soft-locked...

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 0:58 PM, ElMauricius said:

Haven't started this game yet but I heard that the game tends to soft-lock randomly at some point with no way to progress without having to close the app, mainly during bosses or after beating a stage.

Can confirm this. I've been compiling an Excel document to give to PlatinumGames so they know of all of these issues. In particular, using the Phoenix transformation at the end of a stage almost always soft-locks the game. 

On 3/17/2022 at 0:58 PM, ElMauricius said:

I saw a 1CC video on Plat Hard and it seems that Plat Hard is actually "Level 5" difficulty, so if you start on Plat Hard you "only" need to do 6 loops. But still, that would be about 6 to 7 hours without having the game soft-locked...

While unacceptable, I've been able to avoid soft-locking the game. It's something I'll be making a note of for the guide.