New Launcher coming in May for PlayStation

Lord_Bane999

Update to the FAQ page
https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/articles/4654837573650-What-will-happen-to-my-Progress-Kudos-Crowns-Costumes-Trophies-on-the-new-Game-Launcher-

Progress/Kudos/Crowns/Costumes/Trophies on the new Game Launcher?

Updated 2 hours ago

Nothing will change! We keep everything safe on our side. Everything linked to your PlayStation profile will move and be available on the new Fall Guys Launcher.

Trophies

• All trophies and progress will move over to the new Launcher when you login with it, the trophy list progress will remain the same. There is no rush to complete difficult trophies.
  • The old Fall Guys Launcher and trophy list will be removed after May 9th as the progress will be on the new Launcher.
  • Any new trophies unlocked on the new Launcher will be awarded on the trophy list for the new Launcher, not against the old one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KCF392 said:

Update to the FAQ page
https://support.fallguys.com/hc/en-us/articles/4654837573650-What-will-happen-to-my-Progress-Kudos-Crowns-Costumes-Trophies-on-the-new-Game-Launcher-

Progress/Kudos/Crowns/Costumes/Trophies on the new Game Launcher?

Updated 2 hours ago

Nothing will change! We keep everything safe on our side. Everything linked to your PlayStation profile will move and be available on the new Fall Guys Launcher.

Trophies

• All trophies and progress will move over to the new Launcher when you login with it, the trophy list progress will remain the same. There is no rush to complete difficult trophies.
  • The old Fall Guys Launcher and trophy list will be removed after May 9th as the progress will be on the new Launcher.
  • Any new trophies unlocked on the new Launcher will be awarded on the trophy list for the new Launcher, not against the old one.

That’s in-game items though. Trophies are on PS servers so it’ll be unattainable if not done by May 9th. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewDust said:

Removing trophies, albeit with the ability to "transfer" them to a new list, has that ever been done?

Edit: I also hate the thought developers can remove trophies at random

Remove trophies as in some bronze trophy for collecting 100% of items is one day removed from a trophy list? No.

Some trophies have had their conditions changed, but none outright removed from a game already available for purchase.

Yeah I don't know what to make of this either.  It doesn't sound possible, and it's certainly a big oooof to all those who have already autopopped the 2nd trophy list for the point/rank/trophy boost because at least how I'm reading that FAQ makes it sound like they will lose those points and trophies...

4 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Considering that certain players already have the second Platinum, even if they somehow decide to change their minds, they can't, it's too late.

Also, I find hilarious how the support guy doesn't even seem to be aware about the situation.

This is such a shitshow ?.  I even went back to the email thread and responded to Support with basically "o...k.... anyway, going back to the original suggestion can you please just make it so we can buy the pattern and make at least Head Turner a nonissue" and I get the response directing me to "hahahahahahahaha we're just gonna delete the trophies from list 1".  

I want off this ride, someone else please reason with them.

Edited by KCF392

Is theoretically possible to remove a trophy list from PSN database? This haven't happened so far, but could it be done by the developers? 

I don't think it's impossible but hey I'm no expert on coding and stuff like that so who knows, but it would be good to have a definitive answer to this situation, if that was the case I (and many others) wouldn't need to waste dozens of hours right now for this, without the certainty to get the plat because of the RNG nature of the game especially for legendary items...

1 minute ago, RNumbers said:

They don't mean they're actually going to remove trophies that people already earned. Not if they have any understanding of what that would entail, anyway. I suspect that's a misreading of their statement.

But they are claiming they will delete the list.  The problem is that I don't think there's a way to do that while keeping the trophies because then the bean-counting for total trophies would be completely off.  Either it all has to go, or they have to be... *cough* mistaken about the list being deleted.  

1 minute ago, KCF392 said:

But they are claiming they will delete the list.  The problem is that I don't think there's a way to do that while keeping the trophies because then the bean-counting for total trophies would be completely off.  Either it all has to go, or they have to be... *cough* mistaken about the list being deleted.  

I don't know what to do now, they specifically said there was no need to rush for difficult trophies as the old launcher AND trophy list will get REMOVED. Probably they're just unfamiliar with trophies, but who knows maybe that is possible for real. 

Just now, Agent_Renegade22 said:

I don't know what to do now, they specifically said there was no need to rush for difficult trophies as the old launcher AND trophy list will get REMOVED. Probably they're just unfamiliar with trophies, but who knows maybe that is possible for real. 

Either I don't have to do anything but continue to check the store each day, as usual, because everything is fine... or I have to accumulate an additional 92 crowns before May ???‍♀️?

5 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

I think that what they mean is that the progress for the trophies carry over.

Let's say you are 15/20 for Golden Guy, the progress carry over to the new list and so you only still need to get the last 5 wins, not to get all 20 from scratch.

10 minutes ago, KCF392 said:

No, I don't think that's what they're claiming. Read it from the POV of someone who doesn't understand or give two shits about trophies. I didn't even think to interpret it that way off the bat.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 1

It’s worded oddly but they are just saying you cannot earn trophies on the old trophy list with the new launcher (only one you can use after May 9th) so in that sense the old trophy list is going away.

They can’t delete an existing trophy list and what you already earned, lol.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

No, I don't think that's what they're claiming. Read it from the POV of someone who doesn't understand or give two shits about trophies. I didn't even think to interpret it that way off the bat.

They literally said that.

Now there's just 2 possibilities here: 

1) They indeed don't give a shit about trophies and are unfamiliar with this;

2) They can delete the list.

Now, once again, why do you guys see trophy lists as something permanent? I don't know how it works within PSN but it's just a bit of coding at the end of the day. The question imo is: "Is it actually possible for developers to do so?" 

Of course no devs would do that in other situations, like Naughty Dog wouldn't remove Uncharted or TLoU PS3 lists because those games are now unattainable but many players have completed them. In this case the whole game is transferring to this new launcher and I don't see why they couldn't just remove the old list and leaving the option to autopop to everyone, if they have this intention? 

From what I know Mediatonic have unlocked trophies for some players (even with no video proof) so it means the capability of what developers can do with their own lists are various!?

24 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

I mean I honestly don't know how else one would read or intend "[the old] trophy list will be removed" - either the list is deleted or locked.  What we're talking about and struggling to understand is how you can just remove (in this sense meaning delete if that is the option they go for) a trophy list without getting rid of those earned trophies too because then you have trophies that are unassigned or completion that is being disregarded.

Edit: That all is such a nightmare to deal with, so that indicates they don't know what they mean and just intend to lock the list. We all continue to be in agreement.
Edited by KCF392

3 hours ago, djb5f said:

It’s worded oddly but they are just saying you cannot earn trophies on the old trophy list with the new launcher (only one you can use after May 9th) so in that sense the old trophy list is going away.

They can’t delete an existing trophy list and what you already earned, lol.

This.

They can't just remove a trophy list because they want too. There's literally games that were pulled from sale like hours after they were available or were never even released that also have trophy lists still on the servers. This among the many more games like this that have had new lists from a new app or publisher relisting. It's definitely a big confusion about this and the support staff are probably just told to pull their answers or direct people to the FAQ.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

They literally said that.

Now there's just 2 possibilities here: 

1) They indeed don't give a shit about trophies and are unfamiliar with this;

2) They can delete the list.

Now, once again, why do you guys see trophy lists as something permanent? I don't know how it works within PSN but it's just a bit of coding at the end of the day. The question imo is: "Is it actually possible for developers to do so?" 

Of course no devs would do that in other situations, like Naughty Dog wouldn't remove Uncharted or TLoU PS3 lists because those games are now unattainable but many players have completed them. In this case the whole game is transferring to this new launcher and I don't see why they couldn't just remove the old list and leaving the option to autopop to everyone, if they have this intention? 

From what I know Mediatonic have unlocked trophies for some players (even with no video proof) so it means the capability of what developers can do with their own lists are various!?

Devs don't have the ability to directly unlock, lock or delete people's trophies. When support "unlock a trophy" for you, what they're actually doing is altering your stats on their servers to match what PSN is looking for on that trophy. That's why you have to launch the game to actually get the trophy to pop.

• Like 4

This is what I have just got from support.

Hi there,

The old trophies will be removed from PSN.

We cannot comment on whether third-party sites keep the old information visible or not, you would need to query this with them.

All the best,

Fall Guys Player Support

40 minutes ago, roxy42968 said:

This is what I have just got from support.

Hi there,

The old trophies will be removed from PSN.

We cannot comment on whether third-party sites keep the old information visible or not, you would need to query this with them.

All the best,

Fall Guys Player Support

This finally settles the discussion of what they do.

They remove the accessibility to the old trophy list via removing the old launcher.

But they don't delete any trophies.

So lets pray to RNGsus to get those legendary items.

23 minutes ago, the_real_culture said:

Anyone having issues with buying items and Kudos from the shop? They don't appear anywhere for me. Almost as if they're delisted. 

Nope. No issue here. Just bought my items and even pop the trophy.

Edit: Nevermind. Read the question wrong. You're buying directly from the PSN store and not the in-game store ?

Edited by xItsLesterx