Should I go for Platinum or don't start

Tirmata

Hi everyone, I want to get few opinions from the people who played this game. I try to 100% all the games I play and kind of obsessed with it if I can't. 

I read mixed opinions across this website and others specially on team matches, where AI can be very annoying. I am ok to try a trophy with RNG elements, yet I don't want to waste hours and hours and get annoyed by the game and hate in the end. I'll most probably play the game on Solo and won't have any co-op friends.

So my question is should I go for platinum and would I enjoy in general with few tries and errors or is it better to play the game in alt-account and be done with it with the story/campaign mode?

How bad is the team matches and is there anyone who regrets of starting this game?

• Like 1

The platinum run is definitely more challenging than what the guide implies. Even if you factor out RNG, the difficulty should at least be 5/10 and not 4/10. I remember for one of the Ring collecting Challenges, I had to use a gimmick method to beat the event because it felt impossible with the normal way. I'm not a pro with racing games but I'm not a slouch either.

With Team Matches, I alternated between choosing Rouge and Big. I prefer to play Rouge and only chose Big because the rubberbanding is heavily biased to Amy (not sure if this implies there's a secret furry at Sumo Digital). Even if you take her out x4 in two laps, she can still steal 1st place.

Overall I enjoyed the game, had some fun here and there. Definitely meant to be enjoyed with fellow players and not A.I.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 4

The plat isn't too bad at all personally. 

The hardest part is the challenges. 

But even then there are tips and tricks you can look up that make them much easier. 

Especially the destroy the robots one. 

Probably the most annoying challenges for me were the slalom gate ones. 

I did thoroughly enjoy patting this one. 

• Like 1

I went for the Plat last year when the game was on PS Now. It’s a fun kart racer which would be great with friends, and as a Plat it’s far from awful. Some of the challenge missions can be quite unforgiving, but they’re all achievable with some practice and perseverance.

• Like 1

Honestly i found it the easiest of the sonic racing trilogy but there are some annoying things. If youre moderately competent at kart racers you shouldn't find it too hard but i can definitely see how some people could struggle with it.

4 hours ago, Tirmata said:

Hi everyone, I want to get few opinions from the people who played this game. I try to 100% all the games I play and kind of obsessed with it if I can't. 

I read mixed opinions across this website and others specially on team matches, where AI can be very annoying. I am ok to try a trophy with RNG elements, yet I don't want to waste hours and hours and get annoyed by the game and hate in the end. I'll most probably play the game on Solo and won't have any co-op friends.

So my question is should I go for platinum and would I enjoy in general with few tries and errors or is it better to play the game in alt-account and be done with it with the story/campaign mode?

How bad is the team matches and is there anyone who regrets of starting this game?

You have an amazing profile dude and i see you have ctr plat so this one should be a breeze for you

• Like 2

Start it only if you have sufficient controllers to complete the trophy for finishing a race with three local players. Online is straightforward only requiring a single win.

Whilst the game isn't perfect it's mostly fine. Rubberbanding represents the game's biggest issue and challenge. Shadow becomes a problem when his team joins as he can reel you in very quickly, and Amy's entire team is completely busted; hers is the only team capable of consistantly breaking your lead no matter how wide the gap is... you're 10 seconds ahead? Well, they've caught you and now you're 5 seconds behind.

Still, once you unlock the Boost modifications for Sonic and equip them such things are easier to deal with. Alternatively, do the same with Shadow once he's available – Best character in the game, in my opinion.

Edited by Husaria

I'm playing this game now and really enjoying it.  For what I've found so far (about half way through) there isn't much RNG or anything annoying.  Its the right mix of difficulty too, some races you'll complete straight away in one go, others may take several attempts, especially the challenge stages.  A few of those ring challenges took me about an hour! 

The most annoying thing about the plat/100% is that there is a 3 player coop trophy I believe, which I won't be doing as I don't have 3 controllers, though I have not read the guide so maybe there is a way around this.

Worth a play in my opinion.

First off, you need three controllers to platinum the game. You will though need to boost the game to win online, jump to the time trail leaderboards on a track because you cannot compare your time on a track with your friends for a stupid reason, and I advise getting the trophy related to time trails sooner than later as I fell like it will be harder due to leaderboards possibility breaking in the future due to server age. The hard part of the trophies is the harder settings due to the RNG involved. I had that problem despite being confident on kart racers and has 100% completed Mario Kart 8. Aside from that, the rest is easy. 

So far this isn’t as challenging and convoluted as Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed, which is definitely the hardest in the Sonic racing trilogy. 

Not that great of a racing game but passable. The ring challenges so far have been my bane, but I haven’t practiced on them that much. 

Pretty straightforward for a kart racer. I just need the online trophy for winning a race and everything else should be smooth sailing from there.

• Like 1

So I used to hate the coin challenge events until I realized using a character like Tails is much better than a speed character. Team Amy can go to F themselves cause no matter how far of a lead I have, they always snipe the win from under me. Getting the keys from Grand Prix are so RNG, even playing on Normal your AI partners are so trash. Getting to the last race only to fail and having to do all 4 races in a row is so damn annoying. I still need 2 more keys, and I learned that saving my super is useless since the AI will just use it anyways if you hold it for too long. So it's best to earn it right in the middle of the third lap and hope they cross the finish line while you sit there waiting. I believe the difficulty rating on the guide from this site is wrong. It's not a 4/10, I would go to 5 or 6 on the rating.

Edited by Suicide_Tortuga
  • Like 1