2.08 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 9:45 AM, leonrules1987 said:

Hello everyone, I was playing Kena last month and wanted to do the master difficulty exploit. Didn't find any good guides with explanation out there. So here is one hoping it helps people do the glitch. It still works in 2024 on the latest patch. 

Follow these steps-

Step 1- Play the game until you defeat the final boss. After defeating the final boss, you will find a warp stone before the meditation spot, make a manual save (SAVE-1) there, it is the area mountain shrine and DON'T OVERWRITE IT. You will need a second save as well on which you have finished the story.

Step 2- Quit the game and start new game + on Master Spirit Difficulty on a save where you have already completed the game on story difficulty, don't choose the SAVE-1 as mentioned above.

Step 3- Play through the tutorial until you reach the village then follow the path to the right and and up the stairs and then jump across the broken bridge till you reach a house. Go to left corner of the house and jump twice to go out of bounds and continue forward to reach the warp stone in the area Village Leader Hall.

Step 4- Make a manual save here (SAVE-2) on a different slot.

Step 5- Load the SAVE-1, the mountain shrine, Move forward to the meditation spot and use your pulse to end the game and start the cut-scene, but as soon as you use pulse, pause the game and reload the SAVE-2, the one created in Village Leader Hall in NG+. You will know the glitch worked if you are not able to skip the cut-scene.

And Voila! you will get the trophy Master Spirit Guide at the end of cut-scene.

If having any trouble, follow the video guide below-

Thanks for this great video. 

Can confirm this works jan 2024

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 5:45 PM, leonrules1987 said:

Hello everyone, I was playing Kena last month and wanted to do the master difficulty exploit. Didn't find any good guides with explanation out there. So here is one hoping it helps people do the glitch. It still works in 2024 on the latest patch. 

Follow these steps-

Step 1- Play the game until you defeat the final boss. After defeating the final boss, you will find a warp stone before the meditation spot, make a manual save (SAVE-1) there, it is the area mountain shrine and DON'T OVERWRITE IT. You will need a second save as well on which you have finished the story.

Step 2- Quit the game and start new game + on Master Spirit Difficulty on a save where you have already completed the game on story difficulty, don't choose the SAVE-1 as mentioned above.

Step 3- Play through the tutorial until you reach the village then follow the path to the right and and up the stairs and then jump across the broken bridge till you reach a house. Go to left corner of the house and jump twice to go out of bounds and continue forward to reach the warp stone in the area Village Leader Hall.

Step 4- Make a manual save here (SAVE-2) on a different slot.

Step 5- Load the SAVE-1, the mountain shrine, Move forward to the meditation spot and use your pulse to end the game and start the cut-scene, but as soon as you use pulse, pause the game and reload the SAVE-2, the one created in Village Leader Hall in NG+. You will know the glitch worked if you are not able to skip the cut-scene.

And Voila! you will get the trophy Master Spirit Guide at the end of cut-scene.

If having any trouble, follow the video guide below-

I just finished the game. The video is worth watching to hasten the struggle.

It works as of Feb 28, 2024. Cheers! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, zizimonster said:

Appreciate it!

It is doable in the PS5 and PS4 versions on PS5, isn't it?

Mine was a ps4 version played on the ps5. I haven't played the ps5 version of the game though.

Edited by Asmund
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, upgradekid said:

I can confirm it is still working. I got my trophy today. I still need a couple combat trophies for the platinum, but I'll do them in NG+

You can replay Curse Chests for combat trophies.