2.08 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

• 1 month later...

Hello, I am trying to follow your tips but i can't return to mountain shrine anymore. I have beaten the game and then i returned to the map to get the collectables and stuff. 

Now when i try to reach the shrine that spirit door is not there anymore! How can i get there?

18 minutes ago, Matuzzi said:

Hello, I am trying to follow your tips but i can't return to mountain shrine anymore. I have beaten the game and then i returned to the map to get the collectables and stuff. 

Now when i try to reach the shrine that spirit door is not there anymore! How can i get there?

There should be a fast travel point to it I think

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 11:05 AM, Sulivan666 said:

For doing this glitch, I have to beat the game once first? Or only reach the end? Thanks

Edit: sorry, I haven't watched the video

Yes, you will need one save for the Mountain Shrine checkpoint (after final boss Rot God is defeated) on any difficulty.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:06 PM, IGUnique said:

Did they fix the jumping on the roof from the mailbox? As soon as you press aim for the height increase Kena stops going up and I just cant get the height to go....

Sorry, this specific method from the mailbox only works if you have not unlocked the bow yet. If you have the bow unlocked, you can jump from the mailbox around the left corner of the house and land on the roof there. Are you asking because you didn’t have a Mountain Shrine save? 

I recommend watching this speedrun for help with the mailbox: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1229895097?t=982s

If you only have the bow unlocked and you do not have the bomb unlocked, you should also watch the final boss fight in the speedrun to see the trick to making it through the platforming section of the Rot God fight without a bomb. I wrote some text about this in a previous post if you need more help.

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
  • Like 1

On 1-7-2022 at 4:14 PM, nanakiisnanaki said:

Yes, you will need one save for the Mountain Shrine checkpoint (after final boss Rot God is defeated) on any difficulty.

Sorry, this specific method from the mailbox only works if you have not unlocked the bow yet. If you have the bow unlocked, you can jump from the mailbox around the left corner of the house and land on the roof there. Are you asking because you didn’t have a Mountain Shrine save? 

I recommend watching this speedrun for help with the mailbox: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1229895097?t=982s

If you only have the bow unlocked and you do not have the bomb unlocked, you should also watch the final boss fight in the speedrun to see the trick to making it through the platforming section of the Rot God fight without a bomb. I wrote some text about this in a previous post if you need more help.

Ah that explains. I noticed this post, watched the video and then while doing the normal playthrough stumbled across the mailbox and was wondering how hard it would be to pull of the glitch. Thanks for responding!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/04/2022 at 5:49 PM, nanakiisnanaki said:

This works on patch 1.16/1.016. The next update will be released September 27, 2022. Try to get it done before then. Hopefully the glitch survives.

I originally posted my discovery of this glitch here but it didn’t work for all Master difficulty checkpoints. Thanks to Anke, Xahnant and especially Txustrilla we figured out the best way to unlock the Master Spirit Guide trophy. I’m editing this post now to have the correct information. 

This has worked for players on both PS4 and PS5 versions of the game.

Steps for the glitch

First you need to have beaten the Rot God and reached the end of the game on any difficulty for this to work. Create a manual save at the Mountain Shrine, the checkpoint just before the final cutscene. When that save file is ready, start a Master difficulty playthrough and complete the tutorial area until you clear The Village. The next step is getting to the Village Leader Hall waypoint. Follow along in my video to see an easy speedrun skip to reach it. When the waypoint stone outside of Toshi’s room is lit, you can create a manual save or just use the autosave. Now load the Mountain Shrine save. Go to the meditate spot to end the game. Press △ to meditate, pause after you press △ and load the Village Leader Hall Master save file. The final cutscene will play. The sign that it’s working is the Skip option will come up, but you won’t be able to Skip. When the credits roll the trophy will pop!

Follow my video for the whole process

Thanks, worked for me as 1.016.000

• Like 1

Just a tip for anyone running into the same problem as me:

I couldn't for the life of me get around the tree to complete the out of bounds skip in step 3. After having tried a long time, just out of desperation I tried to set the graphics mode from fidelity to performance and thereafter succeeded at the second try. It seemed to be much easier to pull off in performance mode. So anyone having trouble here might es well also try to change graphics mode.

The rest worked like a charm (PS5/ game version 1.016) and I want to express my gratitude to all the people contributing to and publishing this trick. Thanks a lot guys.

• Like 4