2.08 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Johnnybaz85 said:

Is the best way to platinum this game by using Optinoobs 5 hour 100@ walkthrough on easy difficulty and then coming back to this video for master difficulty glitch? 

Having used Optinooby's guides in the past, yes that is probably the best way. That said for this game, I played mostly blind. The trophies to worry about are the combat ones and I did them as soon as I was able to. For collectibles, I would explore as I went and after beating the area's boss I looked up maps for what I missed before moving onto the next area saving the village for last. I then beat the game and then did the glitch/ bug. This of course was not the most time efficient way but I wasn't bored perpetually following a guide but if you want to speed through it, I'd follow Optinooby for sure.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 10:12 AM, Lucibur said:

Does the glitch still work?

Thats a no to the original method but the exploit still exist through the later method in the other page. Its a relief I tried fighting some samurai looking monster I died times then the bosses in normal. Frustration hell, shame on the devs for the master trophy the other part of me platinum shouldnt be either but this was overboard.

Here to report the glitch still works. 

I chose New Game + which allowed me to use my dash ability in the pulse, sprint, and jump section and it was super easy. Actually quite a lot of other videos on youtube with the glitch information, just filter the comments to Newest and you will see if the glitch works in that video as people do go back like myself to comment if it does or does not. 

After getting the platinum, i do feel for me this game wasn't really worth the time it took me doing all the collectables but anyway, platinum is platinum and another PlayStation exclusive i have tried. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just did the glitch and can confirm that it works like a charm. Nice find!

Definitely do this on New Game Plus.  I'm not sure why people are advising otherwise... As has already been mentioned, you won't even need to do the first out-of-bounds jump on NG+ because you can use the bomb to lift the rocks. Yes, there are annoying enemies that shoot missiles but that's only to balance the fact that you're shooting two bombs that split to form their own missiles before exploding twice and taking out most of the enemy's health in the process... it's a fair trade.

My first playthrough was on Normal (AKA Spirit Guide) and it was tougher than standard in most modern video games, but it simply came down to learning the boss' patterns. Also, Spirit Dash is completely OP to the point of being broken - there's a reason why you don't get it until near the end. It instantly cancels enemy attacks; can be used on multiple enemies at a time (thus cancelling all of their attacks at once); it stuns them AND it does damage... I remember wasting a few attempts on the second to last boss trying to master an inconsistent parry button only to realise I could Spirit Dash his ass every single time he was about to attack; it was hilarious. I used this strategy for the adds on the final boss as well. With that in mind, making it to the village on New Game Plus was fairly easy because the same strategy could be applied. 

So yes, NG+ is the way to go if you’re attempting this glitch. Don’t waste your time by starting from scratch - you've earned those abilities so take advantage of them.

Edited by Vault-TecPhantom
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glitch still works.

Master Spirit Guide difficulty (on New Game Plus) is a broken mess and a disgraceful stain on what is otherwise a wonderful game.

I'm going to tear this trophy a new asshole in the Most Recent Platinum thread soon, and exceptionally, I hope everyone glitches the fuck out of this trophy.

10 minutes ago, JoaLoft said:

Master Spirit Guide difficulty (on New Game Plus) is a broken mess and a disgraceful stain on what is otherwise a wonderful game.

I'm going to tear this trophy a new asshole in the Most Recent Platinum thread soon, and exceptionally, I hope everyone glitches the fuck out of this trophy.

In what way? 

I played through on Master difficulty, and it seemed alright - at least on whatever patch version the game was at in January 2022

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

In what way? 

I played through on Master difficulty, and it seemed alright - at least on whatever patch version the game was at in January 2022

In essence: the highest difficulty mode on New Game Plus (that's what I've played on until I was not far off from the Woodsmith) is not about mastering the mechanics, it's about barely surviving an onslaught of relentless enemies and bosses, who now have an extra phase and can sometimes even heal during boss battles.

Add to that the clunky dodging in these encounters, the parrying which takes a second too long to initiate between attempts, the aim which seems to sometimes automatically get glued to a target you didn't intend (outside of locking onto enemies no less) and the lack of an indicator to warn you for multiple attacks from behind, and you have a difficulty mode which is broken and doesn't reward you, but instead punishes you constantly.

I finished plenty of games legitimately on hard modes, but this might be the first time where a difficulty is this poorly crafted.

More and harder enemies in encounters and boss battles =/= a proper Very Hard mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks for this. Just managed to to do the trick. I would probably add though, that it might be smarter to play on NG+, that way you don't have to worry about the jump timing when it comes to that bridge area as you'll have your bombs. But either way, this worked like a charm. 

I'd love to know WHY this works though...I mean aside from skipping the entire map you're still loading a lower difficulty save, so you'd think the map skip doesn't really matter or have any affect on the other save. 

Great game though, definitely an underrated gem. But it was challenging on Apprentice Difficulty at times, I don't think I could have stood playing the whole game on Master...which means I probably wouldn't have even played this if this trick didn't exist (as the Plat difficulty would be up there for sure). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 11:56 PM, Viper said:

Huge thanks for this. Just managed to to do the trick. I would probably add though, that it might be smarter to play on NG+, that way you don't have to worry about the jump timing when it comes to that bridge area as you'll have your bombs. But either way, this worked like a charm. 

I'd love to know WHY this works though...I mean aside from skipping the entire map you're still loading a lower difficulty save, so you'd think the map skip doesn't really matter or have any affect on the other save. 

Great game though, definitely an underrated gem. But it was challenging on Apprentice Difficulty at times, I don't think I could have stood playing the whole game on Master...which means I probably wouldn't have even played this if this trick didn't exist (as the Plat difficulty would be up there for sure). 

Came here to thank OP as well, Master playthrough was becoming a real pain, I'm so happy I was able to skip it.

Regarding your question, I can theorize. This game has a clear problem in stopping what has already started.

For example, if you reset a challenge right when it's over, the challenge starts again, but the victory carries on, so as soon as you start, the previous victory is registered and the challenge ends.

The same thing is happening here. Notice that to trigger the event, you need to be in the same area.

You start the ending process in a save file, then load another savefile which is "compatible" with the ending being in the same area, and the game decides that the ending process must continue, thus unlocking the ending at the difficulty of choice

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...