2.08 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

41 minutes ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

So, we can play on easy or normal, then use this to skip the master Playthrough?

Yep exactly well you still gotta play up to the glitch point but that's literally 10 minutes tops plus however long it takes u to actually do the glitch it's no cake walk lol you'll probably fall alot

Edited by Taliesin_2943

2 hours ago, Markemmanuel said:

update to the latest version which is 1.16, and it'll work. Don't see any advantage to not updating it as the disc doesn't come with 1.00 anyway

That's not what I'm asking, I'm asking if, after the patch drops, I'll still be able to use the disc version unpatched to do the exploit. Really don't want to do a bunch of fancy stuff to dial back the update.

22 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

That's not what I'm asking, I'm asking if, after the patch drops, I'll still be able to use the disc version unpatched to do the exploit. Really don't want to do a bunch of fancy stuff to dial back the update.

Yes it should always work with the unpatched disk so even if it gets patched out you can always just delete the game pop in the disk and your all set

• Like 2

On 2022/9/9 at 4:11 PM, Alos88 said:

I am thinking about the same thing. My friend will gift me the disk next month. I hope the disk’s unpatched version (1.06?) is working with the glitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x_xDarthAndyx_x said:

Lol, how likely is it to get Patched?

I'm not sure I mean it's not exactly the most accessable or obvious glitch 

41 minutes ago, archangeltw_ said:

I am thinking about the same thing. My friend will gift me the disk next month. I hope the disk’s unpatched version (1.06?) is working with the glitch.

The unpatched disk is still patched compared to the original digital only release but it should allow this glitch to work always it's still a previous patch to what's out now I believe and the glitch is currently working all you can really do is play the disk unpatched and test the glitch if it works then u know the disk will always allow the glitch. I can't 100% say it will because I played with the digital version which unfortunately forces patches and it worked for me with latest patch

• Like 1

11 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

I don't think anyone knows if it does because I don't think anyone has tried it. More likely than not it does though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that as of today the glitch still works. I was using the disc although I let it update to the latest patch before I started playing. Thanks to the author for sharing this with everyone. 

I played on normal difficulty which was pretty tough but very rewarding. The last boss made this a 6/10 due to there being no checkpoints. Took me 90 mins to get it done. This would easily be an 8/10 if doing the master play through legit. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GOOPTERUK said:

I can confirm that as of today the glitch still works. I was using the disc although I let it update to the latest patch before I started playing. Thanks to the author for sharing this with everyone. 

I played on normal difficulty which was pretty tough but very rewarding. The last boss made this a 6/10 due to there being no checkpoints. Took me 90 mins to get it done. This would easily be an 8/10 if doing the master play through legit. 

The glitch still works with latest patch installed?

Edited by zizimonster
typo
  • Like 1

On 9.9.2022 at 10:11 AM, Alos88 said:

no without patch 1.16 its not working. I tested it today and played the disc version without patch (version 1.07 or 1.06) and at the part, where you have to roll to the other side at the red river, there is a invisible wall when you reach the other side.

If you won't do it now you have to install it until tuesday, install the patch and turn of your internet connection on the console until you did the glitch...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, john_cena1993 said:

no without patch 1.16 its not working. I tested it today and played the disc version without patch (version 1.07 or 1.06) and at the part, where you have to roll to the other side at the red river, there is a invisible wall when you reach the other side.

If you won't do it now you have to install it until tuesday, install the patch and turn of your internet connection on the console until you did the glitch...

Oh my god, thanks to the devs for making such an awful difficulty... guess I've gotta do this next lol
Thanks for clarifying!

On 9/23/2022 at 0:49 PM, john_cena1993 said:

I filtered the runs on speedrun.com by version 1.06 and I see the wall you are talking about. Here is an example of a runner getting around the wall, which looks pretty difficult https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1164132365?t=504s

I would suggest an alternative route that is nearby. I have done it before and it is very easy. Here 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1161480072?t=482s

Hopefully someone with a disc can confirm whether or not the glitch works after making it to the Village Leader Hall checkpoint

Someone on the tutorial video commented that the skip across the river is patched in the latest version, just like the 1.06 disc version. I will just update the main post with a new tutorial video that will work on 1.06 and the latest patch.

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sydoki said:

Can anyone confirm if the glitch has been patched with the latest update or not?

Yes, one player who commented on the video confirmed that the glitch still works. The out-of-bounds skip in the original video has been patched, so for now you will need to use the 2nd link I posted above. I will be updating the main post shortly with a new vid showing the other skip

Edit: I updated the main post with a video of the new skip.

Edited by nanakiisnanaki
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, nanakiisnanaki said:

Yes, one player who commented on the video confirmed that the glitch still works. The out-of-bounds skip in the original video has been patched, so for now you will need to use the 2nd link I posted above. I will be updating the main post shortly with a new vid showing the other skip

Edit: I updated the main post with a video of the new skip.

I think you should leave the original as well. For those who have a PS4/5 disc copy and can avoid the new update. 

The new one is more complicated than the original lol.

Edited by Starlighthed211

27 minutes ago, Starlighthed211 said:

I think you should leave the original as well. For those who have a PS4/5 disc copy and can avoid the new update. 

The new one is more complicated than the original lol.

After recording the new vid, I actually think this skip is much easier lol I should have used it in the first place. It might look complicated, but the jumps are super easy!

I don’t think I will keep the original because the unpatched disc version 1.06 also has a barrier blocking the river skip. This new video will work for the unpatched disc ver. 1.06 and the new patch

• Like 1