This feels like a Drag..

BadAssMarine13

I've been playing this game CO-OP with my fellow gamer @FreshFromThaDeli and we both agree that the game with its backtracking and side content even though appreciated really drags on and is just annoying, like the game is called Dead space and takes place on a planet for god knows how many chapters, not even considering you have to play through 4 times minimum to get the Plat. Anyone else felt as though it dragged when playing through it?

Edited by BadAssMarine13
  • Like 2

Doing co-op for all the collectibles definitely feel like a drag with all these bunkers that feel the same. But once you get all (Ds3 is still the longest in the Trilogy) solo runs avoiding unnecesary stuff and game will be bearable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beliar4 said:

Doing co-op for all the collectibles definitely feel like a drag with all these bunkers that feel the same. But once you get all (Ds3 is still the longest in the Trilogy) solo runs avoiding unnecesary stuff and game will be bearable.

Exactly! All the rooms feel similar and there's so many elevators and loading rooms which make it feel longer, if that's the case then I can't wait to get all the collectibles done. Still though 4 playthroughs ?

• Like 1

Dead Space 3 is definitely the worst of the 5 games in the series, but honestly everything after the original felt like a step in the wrong direction.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Beliar4 said:

I's going on 14 hours played and we're at Chapter 14 and it took me and @BadAssMarine13 3 whole hours to complete just Chapter 11 and 12. The optional missions and the game in general is bloated.

Not looking forward to my subsequent playthroughs at all, but it's pleasing to hear the solo runs skipping the optional content and cleaning up collectibles is bearable.

This isn't the worst game I've played or anything like that but it's such a step down from DS1 and DS2. Don't even get me started on the shitty economy and upgrade/ weapon building. What was wrong with the credit currency system and buying weapons custom made in the previous two games?

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 04/05/2022 at 11:20 PM, Helyx said:

Dead Space 3 is definitely the worst of the 5 games in the series, but honestly everything after the original felt like a step in the wrong direction.

I don't think that's quite true, I've certainly enjoyed Dead Space 2 and it definitely built on what Dead Space offered and its prequel Extraction by bringing back Gabe and Lexine for one more outing. I'd say 2 and Extraction were definitely good additions to the series, but 3 is the black sheep. Maybe it'll get retconned if the new Dead Space reboot turns out to be good?

On 05/05/2022 at 4:26 AM, BadAssMarine13 said:

I've been playing this game CO-OP with my fellow gamer @FreshFromThaDeli and we both agree that the game with its backtracking and side content even though appreciated really drags on and is just annoying, like the game is called Dead space and takes place on a planet for god knows how many chapters, not even considering you have to play through 4 times minimum to get the Plat. Anyone else felt as though it dragged when playing through it?

You thought this game was a drag, wait until you get started with the My Name Is Mayo series.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...