Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

9 hours ago, Ilzakia said:

FZHHEa5XwAE3MUm.jpg

I did it, triple crowned Yoimiya.  Just in time for her rerun tomorrow.  But I don't think I'm going to pull for her.  Her C1 is eh.  BUT I am going to try for Thundering Pulse.  Also need a different artefact.  Been using Crimson Witch, but I need to farm Shimenawa or Echoes.

I lost the 50/50 on her banner just now.

Got another copy of Diluc... that I don't use, at all.

:(

I've got about 75 wishes saved up after I came back to Genshin a couple of weeks ago. It's the first time I've played since 1.5.

Spent some money on some Genesis Crystals and managed to pull a C2 Kazuha before losing the 4th 50/50 to Qiqi. I'm going to be spending at least 1 multi on Yoimiya banner as I desperately need to get C1 on my Bennett and since I have a guarantee, Yoimiya might be coming home with him.

I won't be upset if she does, she seems fun and I'm severely lacking a main DPS at the minute, with Zhongli and Fischl dishing out most of my damage with some swirls from Kazoo and rain swords from XQ.

Good luck to anyone planning on pulling for her! And if anyone wants to add me, I'm in desperate need of some Genshin friends. AR42 at the minute. 

I'm really doing something wrong, or de level 12 Abyss floor is really just for those who invested a lot in their characters.

I am running

Noelle C6 - Level 90 (3.200 Defense) As my main DPS in one party
Yelan C1 - Level 90 - (41.000 HP) As my main DPS in another party

Then, I have these characters as supports and healers/shielders

Fischl C4 - Level 80

Klee C0 - Level 90

Rosaria C2- Level 80

Xiangling C1 - Level 80

Diona C1 - Level 80

Barbara - C6 Level 80

And, I also have

Yanfei C6 - Level 70

Traveler C6 - Level 80

Ningguang C4 - Level 60

The rest of my roster is level 20

Yun Jin, Amber, Bennet, Thoma, Lisa, Kujou Sara, Keaya, Chongyun, Sayu, Heizou, Gorou, Diluc, Mona, Jean

Is there anyone that could offer me some advice regarding my roster, and how I could use it to clear those floors.

(I don't have any O.P weapons, only Memory of Dust and Amos Bow.)

Edit : I can't even manage to finish the first stage in the allotted time... so, yeah... :P

Edited by JusttJD

19 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Is there anyone that could offer me some advice regarding my roster, and how I could use it to clear those floors.  (I don't have any O.P weapons, only Memory of Dust and Amos Bow.)

Post your best characters via https://enka.shinshin.moe/

Just link your whole UID It'll be easier to theorise.

Edited by Akrioz

31 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Is there anyone that could offer me some advice regarding my roster, and how I could use it to clear those floors.

The only thing that really sticks out is that both of your main DPS characters aren't typically considered main DPS characters.
While you've got a good setup for what you have to work with, you would have a much easier time with a few characters that are considered OP as main DPS.
Heizou could be an upgrade for that position.
Klee, Diluc or Yanfei could fit the bill as well, however none of them are considered to be the best for the job - while I've not tested any of them with Yelan skill active, could be some nice damage with vape from all 3.
Building up Bennet might be worth the effort depending on what your going for.

It really is a shame about your Yoimiya pulls, she would have been perfect.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

I'm really doing something wrong, or de level 12 Abyss floor is really just for those who invested a lot in their characters.

Currently, you're in the same boat as me -- using sub-optimal characters as your main DPS. You have Klee and one of her best weapons (Memory of Dust). You might want to build a team around her.

I think I mentioned this to you before, but you really should invest in your Bennett. Get him to level 70 (bare minimum) and pair him with Xiangling. Xiangling should have The Catch, which is a free weapon that you're probably not using on anyone else. During combat, you use Bennett's skill and then quickly change to Xiangling so she collects the particles he generates. Same thing with their bursts (Bennett first, then Xiangling). You could pair them with Klee for a mono pyro team or put them with Noelle.

You could use an anemo character too. Kazuha would have been great. Venti too. You got Jean there, or maybe Heizou if you want to invest in him... Anemo MC is another option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JusttJD said:

I am running

Fischl C4 - Level 80

Klee C0 - Level 90

Rosaria C2- Level 80

Xiangling C1 - Level 80

Diona C1 - Level 80

Barbara - C6 Level 80

And, I also have

Yanfei C6 - Level 70

Traveler C6 - Level 80

Ningguang C4 - Level 60

Yun Jin, Amber, Bennet, Thoma, Lisa, Kujou Sara, Keaya, Chongyun, Sayu, Heizou, Gorou, Diluc, Mona, Jean

You will need to invest a little more on your team but here goes:

Noelle is a greedy DPS, the most important requirement you already have and that is C6. You can put a Whiteblind weapon on her, which is craftable and she will perform great.

As for artifacts, she will need a 4pc Husk of Opulent Dreams set, focusing on DEF% CRT Rate & DMG and a little bit of Energy Recharge.

Undoubtedly the best team for Noelle is a pure Geo team. The top of the top is Itto, Zhongli and Gorou, but since you are lacking the crucial 5*, you can replace Zhongli and Itto with Ninguang and Yun Jin.

Ninguang's passive talent at Ascension 4 gives any character that passes through her Jade Screen a 12% Geo DMG Bonus for 10s. Usually Ninguang is built as a DPS herself, but you can let her be a support for this team, casting only her skill and burst, then switching back to Noelle.

Gorou with Favonius Warbow is quite easy to built as he doesn't need insane artifacts. Give him a 4pc Noblesse focusing on Energy Recharge, DEF% and a little crit rate for the weapon's effect.

Yun Jin with Favonius Lance will also need a 4pc Husk of Opulent Dreams focusing on DEF% and a little crit rate for the weapon's effect as well.

So 1st Team: Noelle - Ninguang - Gorou - Yun Jin

----

Your second team should have a different main DPS. Yelan is great yes, but she works better an off-field DPS. I see you have Klee, who may not be top tier DPS, but she will do. Try to build a vaporize reaction team around her.

Klee should have a 2pc Crimson Witch + 2pc Gladiator or Shimenawa's. You have Memory of Dust, which is a great weapon on her, although a R5 Widsith outperforms it. For artifact stats you want to focus on ATK%, Pyro DMG% and Crit rate/dmg. Don't forget to up your talents to at least lvl 6 with 8 being preferred.

Reason I don't recommend 4pc Crimson set is because Klee is a bit of a hard character to consistently trigger Vaporize, so to be safe go 2 and 2.

Yelan should be paired with Klee to trigger vaporize. Judging by your 41k HP on her, I'd say you are set with her. Use her burst, then swap to Klee.

For the other 2 slots, you want to have another Pyro for the resonance. Best unit to use here is Bennett, as with his burst he gives extra damage to your active character + heals up to 75% of your max HP. Having him at C1 is a must. You need to give him a weapon with a very high base attack for maximum damage and then build HP on him with artifacts for his heal.

If you don't think Bennett will fit here, use Diona for her shield and to enable cryo-based reactions.

Final character should really be an Anemo character with a 4pc Viridescent Venerer set to shred the enemies' pyro resistance. Sucrose would be ideal for your team, but I don't see her in your list, so you can opt to Jean, who can gather Klee's mines and also heal with her burst. Focus on Elemental Mastery in this set for Jean, along with ATK% and Crit rate/dmg.

So 2nd Team: Klee - Yelan - Bennett - Jean (if you ever get Sucrose, build her ASAP and replace Jean)

• Like 1

Wow!!!
Thank you to everyone for the amazing advice :D

And, yeah... my main problem has been that I don't have a "proper" DPS.

I tried to fix that with pulling for Yojima, but Diluc had other plans.

When Noelle her ULT is up, she is a powerhouse, but the problem is that when it's not... she is just completely useless.

And, at this stage, Yelan is pretty much my only consistent powerhouse.

The team that she is in, always performs well.

I always have Klee in my team, but mostly as a Sub-DPS.

I love playing as her, and also don't mind the short range combat. But, her long animation when she trows her humpty dumpties always messes things up.

But, from everything that I've been reading, I should focus on two more characters to add to my roster.

1. Bennet. (Already started on him an hour ago, he is now level 80 (not ascended) With a Noblesse artifact 4 piece. (Just, not fully leveled up because I'm out of artifacts. :P )

2. Jean.  She is a pretty low level, so that will be troublesome. Pretty low on resources after leveling Bennet, but I'm definitely going to try.

Thank you to everyone for the advice, again. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JusttJD said:

I am running

Fischl C4 - Level 80

Klee C0 - Level 90

Rosaria C2- Level 80

Xiangling C1 - Level 80

Diona C1 - Level 80

Barbara - C6 Level 80

And, I also have

Yanfei C6 - Level 70

Traveler C6 - Level 80

Ningguang C4 - Level 60

Edit : I can't even manage to finish the first stage in the allotted time... so, yeah... :P

The characters you have levelled have very limited synergy with each other.

Noelle can be a good DPS but you don't have her best supports ( Gorou and Yun Jin ) levelled at all.

Yelan is not a Main DPS at C1, she's a Sub-DPS similar to Xingqiu. You could run Overvape Yanfei with Yelan, Fischl and another unit.

I would definitely recommend leveling Bennett, Mona, and Jean. They're all great supports

5 minutes ago, Dead Weight said:

The characters you have levelled have very limited synergy with each other.

Noelle can be a good DPS but you don't have her best supports ( Gorou and Yun Jin ) levelled at all.

Yelan is not a Main DPS at C1, she's a Sub-DPS similar to Xingqiu. You could run Overvape Yanfei with Yelan, Fischl and another unit.

I would definitely recommend leveling Bennett, Mona, and Jean. They're all great supports

To my defense.

I only got Yun Jin today.

And, I pulled Gorou at the same time as I pulled Klee.

So, obviously I was focused on leveling Klee first. ^^ :D

3 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

When Noelle her ULT is up, she is a powerhouse, but the problem is that when it's not... she is just completely useless.

I feel this as a Kokomi main. ?

4 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

I always have Klee in my team, but mostly as a Sub-DPS.

I love playing as her, and also don't mind the short range combat. But, her long animation when she trows her humpty dumpties always messes things up.

So, the important thing to keep in mind about a sub-DPS is their role is to do damage when they're not on the field. Yelan is great at that. Klee is not. (From what I understand anyway -- I don't have either.)

The general approach to building a team is to choose your main DPS and then add characters that synergize well with them. In my case, I "main" Kokomi, but my main DPS is Ganyu. (Technically Ganyu can be a sub-DPS too if you only focus on her burst, but that's kinda like using a sludge hammer to open a bottle.) You should read up on some good Klee teams. I think Bennett and Jean make a lot of sense. Check out Sunfire Jean if you get a chance. I don't have Klee, but I've always wanted to try her with Jean because Jean's skill can gather her bombs and throw them. That looks really fun.

Hopefully my 108 wishes are enough for Yoimiya. If I get her, Ganyu might just be regulated to sub-DPS duties...

45 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Usually Ninguang is built as a DPS herself, but you can let her be a support for this team, casting only her skill and burst, then switching back to Noelle.

He can also try to give her Thrilling Tales of Dragon slayer. While Atk% isn't top priority for Noelle: every little bit of damage still helps. Otherwise I would just substitute 4th unit for any flex spot.

There is no need to get everyone past 70 here ASAP, because Gorou and Yun jin should provide enough of buffs anyway.

45 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Klee - Yelan - Bennett - Jean

While this is more optimal in a long run. If we are to work with what he already has I would just throw together Klee - Yelan - Fisch/Rosaria - Diona. Diona will give a much needed shield for Klee. Because playing Klee without shield is a nightmare sometimes. Also Memory of Dist synergy. If Fischl becomes too much of a problem because overload pushes enemies away from Klee - just use Rosaria and enjoy random melts/reverse melts.

P.s. Tried to wish for Yoimiya and got myself my first Jean. I still have 120 pulls left, but I don't know if I want to use any more.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

The thing is, I wouldn't mind spending money on it.
But, I really don't want to throw it away on another Diluc.....

I don't even have a Diluc and I really don't want one lol

From the notorious 5 I only got Jean and Keqing so far :D Keqing is C3 already and Jean is C1 lol

No sign of Diluc, Mona and Qiqi.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Akrioz said:

If you already lost 50/50 to Diluc your next 5* is guaranteed to be Yoimiya.

? Fuck it, it's only money, right?

The kids just have to eat bread for a little while. (Yes, I'm kidding.)

Having Yoimiya and equipping her with the Amos bow should give me the DPS that my roster is really lacking.

Guess, I'm no longer a goldfish, I'm swimming into the being a dolphin waters...

Rolled Yoimiya too. Don't have anything prepared for her except Skyward Harp. Talk about being unlucky. I spend around 190 fates on banner. Dangerously close to the third pity and didn't get c6 yun jin. Stuck at c5. Now I have c12 Bennet and C10 Xinyan. Oh well. I hope I'll at least win next 50/50.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I don't even have a Diluc and I really don't want one lol

From the notorious 5 I only got Jean and Keqing so far :D Keqing is C3 already and Jean is C1 lol

No sign of Diluc, Mona and Qiqi.

Thus far, since my time of starting this game (Around 2 months.)

I lost several 50/50 summons.

Lost Itto to Jean

Lost Yoimiya to Dliuc

Lost Redstone Thresher to Memory of Dust.

I got Diluc, another Jean and Mona from the standard banner.

But, here is the kicker...

There are only two characters that I really want... and those are Keqing and Qiqi.

But, they keep on eluding me.

(I love Keqing her playstyle and character, and... Qiqi is just the sweetest thing around, I just need to have her. :) )

Mona, I want to level her up because she really grew on me during the summer event.

But, my priority was first on leveling up my main characters, resources are scarce after all.

Jean and Dliuc? Probably never going to use those.

I do need a anemo character, but I rather wait for a Sucrose, or use Sayu.