Getting Priceless Trophy in 2022

cm-PUNK2000

15 minutes ago, Clennx said:

The best and fastest way of getting Priceless is by doing the extra mission Quick & Immovable that costs 2500 FM to play and rewards 2000 EXP. You can spend 27,500 FM to get a Lv1 character to Lv 18, which will reward you 18,000 FM, so overall, you would’ve just spent 9,500 FM to get all those levels.

It’s an easy battle, just have to defeat the opponent once, with the loading you would be getting 2k exp in 1 to 2 minutes, much faster than grinding survivals. By doing stories, demonstrations and easy survivals you would have a good amount of FM to spent grinding the extra mission. 

Unfortunately this extra mission with the 2000 EXP reward is not always up, and I don’t know the frequency that it appears.

But if you got the Arcade Edition and don’t care about the season 5 characters DO NOT BUY THEM, it’s not worth it, you would only get 25K FM by getting them to 25 because it’s not even worth the trouble to get past this level for the FM reward. So you can use the 100K FM to play extra missions getting 4 characters to level 18 spending a little extra with 110K and getting 72K FM in return. If I had found this out sooner, I would have cut my grind in half.

This was my stats to get the trophy:

-  All Stories

-  All demonstrations

-  About 15 Trials

- All Easy survivals

- More than half Normal survivals

- 2 Hard Survivals

- 1 Extreme Survival

- 1 Lv 30 character with 300+ wins while going for Gold Rank

The rest was doing the extra mission

In the end, the average level of my characters was 22, but if you don’t have Season 5 characters you would have to be about Lv 25 average.

Hey I appreciate this. I know this has been covered a lot in this thread and others , but everyone’s opinion seemed to vary and surely something was missing.

this helps , I’ll keep an eye out for that extra mission.

just to note for all

** the upgrade kit with Premium season is up on sale right now ** 

I bought it for $20 

• Like 1

Bad luck for me.

Had no patience and bought the Upgrade kit for full price.

But even with the sale price it depends if you want to save money or time.

As I mentioned earlier, you can buy the season 5 characters with the earned FM and despite the 100FM gifted by the more expensive DLC you save some money.

No luck with the extra mission.

Sorry, but this is not an easy one.

I prefer playing survival and working on the 2 300 finisher trophies.

Edited by Fanatico1981

12 hours ago, roshenRUSHEN said:

If I hit the half way mark of 1M FM, how long roughly in hours will it take for me to earn 500.000 FM if I buy Upgrade Kit with S5 Premium Pass (100k included)?

Depends on your skill.

Just check how long you need for one character to do easy and normal survivor.

in my opinion this is the minimum you need for every character, so they are on lvl 18.

Now you can grind them to lvl 22, eg with a turbocontroller and automated search for ranked and casual matches.

From this point on, you need to make a math for the remaining fm.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2022 at 9:09 AM, Fanatico1981 said:

Depends on your skill.

Just check how long you need for one character to do easy and normal survivor.

in my opinion this is the minimum you need for every character, so they are on lvl 18.

Now you can grind them to lvl 22, eg with a turbocontroller and automated search for ranked and casual matches.

From this point on, you need to make a math for the remaining fm.

I see, I have now done all characters story, demonstration and all characters easy survival and obtained 843660 FM so far. I suppose doing Survival Normal now with all characters would be the best way to get the remaining 156340 FM in the game in this regard?

1 hour ago, roshenRUSHEN said:

I see, I have now done all characters story, demonstration and all characters easy survival and obtained 843660 FM so far. I suppose doing Survival Normal now with all characters would be the best way to get the remaining 156340 FM in the game in this regard?

Survival normal should be fine.

The next level can be very frustrating.

For sure it's my opinion, but I speak for someone who is not very good at this game and who is not a fan of this button smashing and combo thing.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The season 5 Pass was on sale which was perfect! Managed to have 886,000 before buying it, Bought the pack did 4 more normal survival and boom the grind was over!!! Amazing game to have as my 350th milestone 

Trophy is very doable if you have CE and buy the season 5 pass just get ready for alotttt of survivals

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

Here in 2023 and reading all these comments, not really looking forward to grinding this out.

Obviously its impossible if you have the vanilla version of the game unless you plan on doing about 15000 online ranked wins.

One thing I've noticed whilst boosting to gold with a friend is the xp earned when winning matches / going up a rank.  I'm not sure if the points are purely for winning the match or because we're in a sweet spot where each time we trade wins, the winner goes hits gold rank.

Winner gets 350xp, then lose the next match and get 50xp, then win the third match and get 350xp.  We then swap.  For each full rotation, we're getting 1200xp.  We're using an alt and fight request to link and cancel so we can constantly vs each other.  Finding two matches and completing them takes around 5 minutes (ish).

I'm just curious what you all think in relation to time vs xp gain with this method.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just a slight update now that I've finished the game.

By far the easiest way to grind out FM is via Extra Battles option.  You obviously need a bit of FM to be able to pay for the games but the time invested vs xp gain is literally ridiculous compared to trying to do all the survival modes.

There will be fights that cost 1000FM but reward 5000FM if you win.  They're usually hard and can only have 3 attempts before it dries up so use your favourite character and see how you go.  If you get all three wins, that's 15k FM in about 3 minutes.  That's the equivalent of one character's easy and normal survival modes XP in 3 minutes instead of about 40.

There's also the quick and immovable fights.  These ones have unlimited retries but cost 2k FM per battle.  The first time you win one, you'll get the gem for the costume set.  After that, you'll get 2500xp per win.  From level 12 to 21 takes 10 or 11 fights depending on where your xp levels were sitting.

So in short - smash out all the easy things that get you FM first.  Story, demos, etc.  Then I would use the extra battles mode over survival any day of the week.  Will chop about 30 - 40 hours off the plat.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2023 at 11:22 AM, JimmeC said:

Just a slight update now that I've finished the game.

By far the easiest way to grind out FM is via Extra Battles option.  You obviously need a bit of FM to be able to pay for the games but the time invested vs xp gain is literally ridiculous compared to trying to do all the survival modes.

There will be fights that cost 1000FM but reward 5000FM if you win.  They're usually hard and can only have 3 attempts before it dries up so use your favourite character and see how you go.  If you get all three wins, that's 15k FM in about 3 minutes.  That's the equivalent of one character's easy and normal survival modes XP in 3 minutes instead of about 40.

There's also the quick and immovable fights.  These ones have unlimited retries but cost 2k FM per battle.  The first time you win one, you'll get the gem for the costume set.  After that, you'll get 2500xp per win.  From level 12 to 21 takes 10 or 11 fights depending on where your xp levels were sitting.

So in short - smash out all the easy things that get you FM first.  Story, demos, etc.  Then I would use the extra battles mode over survival any day of the week.  Will chop about 30 - 40 hours off the plat.

hey man I know the thread is old but I hope you can help me out here. When I do the quick and immovabile thing I only get the Gem then get like 50-100 xp. Is this normal? Do i need to clear all of them first? 

Thank you!

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 11:52 AM, Gommes_ said:

So, after the weird gems I get fight money if I replay the fight?

After I got the gem I was getting like 200 exp per fight, which is nowhere near the 2000 people are saying I can get. 

But I could be doing it wrong 

52 minutes ago, IzunaGaiden said:

the best is to complete all trial, in SF5 exept menat maybe is very easy 

I second this. If you have the CE, you can do all character trials, plus buy the last set of characters with the FM you gained, and do their trials. That will net you about 400k alone. Of course, this is skill dependent. If you find them easy, you can probably do them all in about 6 hours. If you buy the CE upgrade from the base version, you also get 100k as a bonus, which goes towards your million. Wrap up the other 500k doing survival. 

It's still an awful grind, but definitely not 100 hours worth. The worst part of this plat is how boring SF5 is.

11 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

I second this. If you have the CE, you can do all character trials, plus buy the last set of characters with the FM you gained, and do their trials. That will net you about 400k alone. Of course, this is skill dependent. If you find them easy, you can probably do them all in about 6 hours. If you buy the CE upgrade from the base version, you also get 100k as a bonus, which goes towards your million. Wrap up the other 500k doing survival. 

It's still an awful grind, but definitely not 100 hours worth. The worst part of this plat is how boring SF5 is.

This! Going for the plat is soooo boring. Guess I'll be doing the trials then. The trials where you CAN'T change the button layout in the menu.

Edited by Gommes_

14 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

This! Going for the plat is soooo boring. Guess I'll be doing the trials then. The trials where you CAN'T change the button layout in the menu.

FYI I found that the rotating extra missions can be really good, for example there is currently a mission you can replay 3 times that gives you 10000 EXP everytime you clear it! and it only costs 500FM to participate and only takes about a mintue to clear, so 30k exp for 3 mins and 1500 FM. 

I think for now I will just wait for season 5 pass to go on sale and focus on other games, while periodically hopping on the game to check the extra missions, I will try to update here if I find those lucrative 2500 EXP infinite retries missions.

And as for trials, honestly, I do not want to waste my time on them, I did a couple of the easier ones but any trial that takes me more than a couple tries I don't bother. I am never gonna seriously play this game so no point trying to learn some trials. I rather put that time and effort on something like Strive or Skullgirls. 

3 hours ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

FYI I found that the rotating extra missions can be really good, for example there is currently a mission you can replay 3 times that gives you 10000 EXP everytime you clear it! and it only costs 500FM to participate and only takes about a mintue to clear, so 30k exp for 3 mins and 1500 FM. 

I think for now I will just wait for season 5 pass to go on sale and focus on other games, while periodically hopping on the game to check the extra missions, I will try to update here if I find those lucrative 2500 EXP infinite retries missions.

And as for trials, honestly, I do not want to waste my time on them, I did a couple of the easier ones but any trial that takes me more than a couple tries I don't bother. I am never gonna seriously play this game so no point trying to learn some trials. I rather put that time and effort on something like Strive or Skullgirls. 

I completely forgot about those. Those missions can be really good for FM and XP as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My personal experience on getting 1M fm. Did all story mode, all demonstrations, all easy survival, all normal survival for all 45 chars and about 17 hard modes and 1 Rashid Extreme. I also did some trials since theyre way easier compared to USFIV. Missions and Extra Battles for xp are great too - those shadaloo soldiers. I bought the last five characters with FM. Youre practically swimming in them..for hard mode just use your FM to continue. Use battle items on final bosses you dont need em for others. You can even save scum if you want to play safe but youre swimming in excess FM I dont think you have to. AI is so susceptible to meaties, throws, crossups, sweeps, fireball spams, and jump attacks. Do jump HK then sweep. Theyre dumb as hell - I promise. Fireball spam when they jump towards you, either sweep or throw. Theyll do anti airs probably 3 out of 10 times lol. Find a move that you can spam. Every character has at least one lol. I think only Ibuki had me stumped having no spammable moves but still managed to beat it on easy and normal. I only had to use continues on hard mode since at some point, AI will just decide to read all your inputs and put hard pressure on you. Dont use any powerups on rounds 1 to 10 then jsut use +Defense or +attacks onwards. Heal only if needed. Only 2 characters put the fear of god in me - M. Bison and E. Honda. Theyre aggressive 90% of the time even on easy and normal. Good luck. 

Edited by rmsison1
Add info
  • Like 2