Pac Man Museum+ has a Platinum (Trophy Thoughts)

MiserySQRL

The previous Pac Man Museum does not have a platinum but the newest version popped up with a platinum

Very challenging platinum. Around 8/10 difficulty, 100+ hours depending on the skill.

Thoughts on the trophy list?

Edited by MiserySQRL
  • Like 1

Can’t say I’m that surprised by the addition of a Plat this time.

The original museum came out at a time when PSN games almost never had a platinum, whereas now it’s pretty much the opposite. Plus this one has quite a few extra games

Will be interesting to see what the criteria looks like to unlock things like the missions and decorations. Feels like that’s going to be what makes or breaks the difficulty

Double post since it's not letting me edit (keeps erroring out).

11 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wonder how hard this will be. 

11 hours ago, x-iGoAT-X said:

This definitely won't be easy, unless we can save files between rounds. 

It all depends on how good you are at Pac-Man. There are simplified guides on Youtube to follow. For casual play, a couple perfect cherry patterns and some practice should get you through most boards.

Pac-Attack you should get a guide.

Pac-Moto is tricky, but can easily be learned.

Pac-In-Time will require a map.

Pac-Attack is a Puyo type game and is terrible.

The lack of New Adventures saddens me.

15 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

There is no world where I don't get this game.

The only question is when, assuming it's a reasonable price I will probably get this near release.

If its expensive, then I wait for a sale.

It's $30 at launch which imo is a great price for a collection like this.

14 minutes ago, OniHunter2003 said:

I ordered it on Amazon for $20.

31 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

There is no world where I don't get this game.

The only question is when, assuming it's a reasonable price I will probably get this near release.

If its expensive, then I wait for a sale.

I was able to preorder it physically for $19.99 on Amazon.

1 hour ago, Jelly Soup said:

The lack of New Adventures saddens me.

Ah, yes, the game you could abuse Pac-Man. That is too bad. 

Edited by MidnightDragon

50 minutes ago, OniHunter2003 said:

If they are converting dollars to pounds accurately, that's puts it at about £24 which seems reasonable.

I also saw a playAsia listing for £22. Though realistically this is a game I'll get digitally.

I kind of just assumed there wasn't a physical release, collections tend not to have one unless it's done by limited run games or something.

41 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I ordered it on Amazon for $20.

I was able to preorder it physically for $19.99 on Amazon.

I saw that listing , doesn't appear to be on uk Amazon though.

2 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Pac-Attack you should get a guide.

Pac-Attack is a Puyo type game and is terrible.

Guessing you meant something other than Pac-Attack for that first one?

And nah, Pac-Attack is alright. It’s more Tetris-inspired than it is Puyo-inspired, and with a little practice it’s a really fun twist on that genre IMO

30 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Guessing you meant something other than Pac-Attack for that first one?

I'd have to look up the trophy list again (lots of Pac Man), but I think I meant Pac n' Roll.

5 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

If they are converting dollars to pounds accurately, that's puts it at about £24 which seems reasonable.

I also saw a playAsia listing for £22. Though realistically this is a game I'll get digitally.

I kind of just assumed there wasn't a physical release, collections tend not to have one unless it's done by limited run games or something.

I saw that listing , doesn't appear to be on uk Amazon though.

Well, in the US, it's $19.99 on PS4 and X1, but strangely, $29.99 on Switch.

From the small bit I've played, it seems fairly doable. Saves can be abused in some of the games, I found this out by accident by quitting before a game over registered when I thought it had, it let me start the level over with the lives I initially had when I returned to the machine. That said, some games don't allow you to do this, and even the ones that do would still take some skill.

Coins, especially getting 7650, seem like they'll be an absolutely nightmarish grind, unless I'm just missing something obvious, which is possible. 

51 minutes ago, GuitaristZag said:

Coins, especially getting 7650, seem like they'll be an absolutely nightmarish grind, unless I'm just missing something obvious, which is possible. 

Agreed! Given the time taken to pop the 1000 coin trophy the other two are not gonna be quick. So far it seems like Pac-Man 256 is where I’m earning coins at the fastest rate, but that’s based on gut feel rather than any timing/maths

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So is this collection any good and worth getting?

I want it mainly for Pac Motos, which I didn't realise was even available on PS4 and also it saves me having to buy some of the games individually off Arcade Archives, but after reading some of the comments here, whether it's either super hard, or super easy (but just grindy)

I have not even played Pac Man 256 but this guy says you have to pay Pac Man 256 a lot, like 60% of the entire game, and that it's a bad game.

So I am kinda put off, I love Pac Man, but not if I need to play it for 80 hours and I'm not really interested in playing some of the novelty Pac Man platform games (PacLand I love though)

Are there save states on all of the games or just some of them? Which games don't have save states?

11 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

So is this collection any good and worth getting?

I want it mainly for Pac Motos, which I didn't realise was even available on PS4 and also it saves me having to buy some of the games individually off Arcade Archives, but after reading some of the comments here, whether it's either super hard, or super easy (but just grindy)

I have not even played Pac Man 256 but this guy says you have to pay Pac Man 256 a lot, like 60% of the entire game, and that it's a bad game.

So I am kinda put off, I love Pac Man, but not if I need to play it for 80 hours and I'm not really interested in playing some of the novelty Pac Man platform games (PacLand I love though)

Are there save states on all of the games or just some of them? Which games don't have save states?

Gotta say, I didn’t enjoy my time with Pac Motos but everybody has their own preferences. By contrast, I really enjoyed 256 so didn’t mind that it’s the game which will (probably) take the longest to complete.

If you enjoy the franchise and don’t already own the games another way I’d say it’s worth the investment to get access to them

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

40% off sale! Don't mind if I do!

Off in the basket it goes!

(While reading this next part, please make sure you imagine the trademark Pac Man gobble gobble noises in your head)

Om Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

You're welcome.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

40% off sale! Don't mind if I do!

Off in the basket it goes!

(While reading this next part, please make sure you imagine the trademark Pac Man gobble gobble noises in your head)

Om Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom

You're welcome.

When I saw it, I wanted to add it to the basket as well, but I rather wait one day for the release of Playstation Stars on Europe. Signed up the next day morning, still on queue -_- I hope this queue speeds up before the sale ends. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

When I saw it, I wanted to add it to the basket as well, but I rather wait one day for the release of Playstation Stars on Europe. Signed up the next day morning, still on queue -_- I hope this queue speeds up before the sale ends. 

On sale till 27th October, so you got almost 2 weeks :)

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 10:29 PM, MiserySQRL said:

Very challenging platinum. Around 8/10 difficulty, 100+ hours depending on the skill.

I just got the platinum trophy recently. According to my profile under "Games Played", it says I played for a total of 62 hours, even though it felt longer than that. Since I'm making a guide for this, I personally would find this game a 7/10 for difficulty and about 70 hours for estimated platinum time. But I will have no problem changing them if enough people disagree, but this is just from personal experience now that I'm finally done grinding Pac-Man 256. Those power up missions where you needed to get ten of them to level 8 was the WORST, which is why I saved that game for last.

• Like 1