No crossbuy/ PS4 version not even on PS5 store

LunchCannon54

15 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Unless you're planning on breaking out your PS4 I don't even think you can play that version on your PS5. 

PS4 version should work just fine on PS5. It's the standard backcompat messaging without a warning about any compatibility issues.

Just use the app/web to buy and download the version you want.

49 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Unless you're planning on breaking out your PS4 I don't even think you can play that version on your PS5. 

PS4 version works just fine. It's even 60fps like the PS5 version, just a lower resolution and no HDR.

The reason you can't see it on the PS5 console is, if a game has both a PS4 and PS5 version (which isn't cross-buy) then the store only shows you the PS5 version. They made this change to the store last year, basically so people don't buy the PS4 version by mistake. However, you can buy either version on the app or website and then download and play them both on your PS5 via your library - you simply select the game and it'll ask what version you want.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

No excuse for no crossbuy. It’s a little pricey for a remake too. I’ll wait for a sale.

While I agree with the first part to an extent, it is not a remake to my understanding. $30 is pretty average for a remake anyways regardless, but I digress.

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 2

On 5/27/2022 at 0:17 PM, Wagszilla said:

No excuse for no crossbuy. It’s a little pricey for a remake too. I’ll wait for a sale.

I'd say it's about the right price.  On one hand, games like the PAW Patrol games for example those were $40 when each came out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.05.2022 at 5:42 PM, turniplord said:

PS4 version works just fine. It's even 60fps like the PS5 version, just a lower resolution and no HDR.

The reason you can't see it on the PS5 console is, if a game has both a PS4 and PS5 version (which isn't cross-buy) then the store only shows you the PS5 version. They made this change to the store last year, basically so people don't buy the PS4 version by mistake. However, you can buy either version on the app or website and then download and play them both on your PS5 via your library - you simply select the game and it'll ask what version you want.

There is a small button (three dots I think) next to the Buy and observe buttons in PS Store which allows changing versions. It also works for any special/deluxe editions etc.

18 hours ago, hiryu said:

There is a small button (three dots I think) next to the Buy and observe buttons in PS Store which allows changing versions. It also works for any special/deluxe editions etc.

I know how the store works, I regularly tell Devs and publishers when their games aren't appearing and what they need to adjust to fix them.

However, ever since around march last year, Sony changed the store a little on the backend. If a game has BOTH a PS4 and PS5 version and it's NOT a free upgrade, you literally won't ever find the PS4 option on the PS5 - unless if you've bought the PS4 version on the app, website or PS4 console. 

If you have bought it elsewhere, then you can click the dots and change version or pick the version you want in your library. 

But, that's only if you already own the PS4 version already. 

If the game offers a cross-buy option then you'll have access to both versions immediately on the PS5. However, certain things cause games to not appear such as the above PS4 versions of PS5 games and all games flagged as having BC issues on the console (just try and find Hellblade on the store if you don't already own it...)