The Dark Pictures Anthology will have TEN games, not eight!

3 minutes ago, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

Great find! Really enjoy these games so I'm glad they all have a foothold and will continue. That O Death one looks awesome 

I do, too! I'm most excited about Directive 8020 because it looks futuristic and also The Craven Man because it reminds me of classic word-of-mouth horror stories. "Beware the Craven man," you know? We have one in Louisiana called Loup Garou. It's like a werewolf, but they can change at will and are completely in control of their actions while in wolf form. They're like cunning, sociopathic werewolves. lol That said, I am apprehensive about Intercession. I typically make it a point to avoid demonic games (as hinted by the inverted cross that everyone thinks is a rebellion against Christianity, but is actually just Peter's cross). Little Hope pushes me to the edge of that line as it is.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I do, too! I'm most excited about Directive 8020 because it looks futuristic and also The Craven Man because it reminds me of classic word-of-mouth horror stories. "Beware the Craven man," you know? We have one in Louisiana called Loup Garou. It's like a werewolf, but they can change at will and are completely in control of their actions while in wolf form. They're like cunning, sociopathic werewolves. lol That said, I am apprehensive about Intercession. I typically make it a point to avoid demonic games (as hinted by the inverted cross that everyone thinks is a rebellion against Christianity, but is actually just Peter's cross). Little Hope pushes me to the edge of that line as it is.

I agree, 8020 looks futuristic, maybe it'll be in space! That skull looks like a moon. 

I too avoid things regarding demonic possession that Intercession seems to indicate. In Little Hope, I got a different vibe. Sure the beings were demonic but not like a fallen angel possessing you demonic.

Winterfold is making me think of The Thing which would be a great game device. To not know if all of your companions are all human would make an excellent experience on the first go around!

I get Wicker Man vibes from Craven Man. 

Speaking of werewolves/ loup garou, zoom in on Switchback, specifically the "back" portion. 

And O Death is the most mysterious one. Yes it hints at something for the Curator but I am not sure it is as indicative as the other logos.

Definitely a great find!

• Like 1

Winterfold will likely be a prequel of sorts to HoA - there was a map in HoA that had Winterfold forest in the UK marked, and the agents at the end mentioned that the HoA incident had been contained better than Winterfold.

IIRC, the copyright for O Death said something about it being a card game.

2 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I too avoid things regarding demonic possession that Intercession seems to indicate. In Little Hope, I got a different vibe. Sure the beings were demonic but not like a fallen angel possessing you demonic.

That's so good to hear. I don't allow things of the latter sort into my home.

1 hour ago, Batmannequin said:

Winterfold will likely be a prequel of sorts to HoA - there was a map in HoA that had Winterfold forest in the UK marked, and the agents at the end mentioned that the HoA incident had been contained better than Winterfold.

Supermassive has said that each story is standalone. You can find little connections between the games in the pictures (like the book in Julia's luggage on the Duke of Milan is about the Witch Trials and Conrad's sleeping shirt says Salem on it). I just picked up the same book in Little Hope, but the Curator seems to be the only MAIN common thread to me so far.

3 hours ago, Batmannequin said:

IIRC, the copyright for O Death said something about it being a card game.

Like Kristen said, each game has little nods to others. Another example in Man of Medan, there is a newspaper (when you need to cause a distraction to escape the room) that talks about some archeologists going missing where House of Ashes takes place.

Given the O Death logo, that would fit but not sure how it would work. 

Man, now the question becomes...

...am I going to be able to get around to the first one (which I've owned since launch) before the tenth one is released? ?

With my backlog, it's like the worlds slowest race against time! ?

51 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Man, now the question becomes...

...am I going to be able to get around to the first one (which I've owned since launch) before the tenth one is released? 1f602.png

With my backlog, it's like the worlds slowest race against time! 1f61d.png

I put my backlog on hold for them because I was so excited for The Devil In Me. I'm a criminal psychology buff and am very familiar with H.H. Holmes and his murder castle.

• Like 1