Hard Pass Trophy

TrophyChief

4 hours ago, Riv1404 said:

I think we all missing some small unseen thing, that really triggers this trophy.

The same situation was with The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes with UV trophy, the important thing is that Jason must not use the stake against Joey.

I think it is similar, if trophy will be totally glitched nobody will recieve it, or maybe one or two persons, it is 8 right now. So i think it is just devs themself do not understand how works this trophy. Like they made the game and after added trophy and something messed up, some stupid thing is added to recieve this trophy.

PS sometimes if you check some point of interest you can see a ghost of Eliza and she disappear, maybe this also needed?

After playing the unpatched version it's obvious there was a lot of ironing out that needed to be done pretty much around chapter 8 where the trophy popped for me after collecting all the cards up to that point and beyond (chapter 9 is a great example of how unfinished the original version was). The patches further messed up an already bugged trophy

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fasjab_1 said:

After playing the unpatched version it's obvious there was a lot of ironing out that needed to be done pretty much around chapter 8 where the trophy popped for me after collecting all the cards up to that point and beyond (chapter 9 is a great example of how unfinished the original version was). The patches further messed up an already bugged trophy

It did need a lot of work. But I also enjoyed the cut content. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ozoevil said:

Thank you Fred!

Well in a perfect world it kinda make sense that you refuse her help at every step even if you see premunition. People bring it up here about picking up the phone as Dylan and Laura, but since you didn't picking up clues it doesn't matter i quess!

Yes, I'd already gotten the achievements for collectables so I didn't need to pick any up apart from the Tarot cards. I honestly wasn't trying doing anything specific during the play through apart from move on at every tarot reading and choose the correct options to get the counselors killed. But messed up in chapter 5 with Dylan (didn't cut his hand off) once I'd finished the play through I'd noticed I'd gotten the achievement. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Saxton3234 said:

Just popped it and the Platinum in Chapter 9, here's exactly what I did: Major Spoilers Below btw, not gonna hide

Miscellaneous: 

I'm on PS5 Disc Version. (Obviously) 

-Reverted to 1.00 after getting every other trophy on 1.02, didn't delete any saves, started a brand new game from scratch last night. (so obviously No Chapter Select and I Saved + Stopped at the end of Chapter 8 so I did NOT play it all in one go)

-I selected "Move On" at every opportunity (obviously)

-At the tail-end of Chapter 9 (Beginning of Eliza Scene) I backed my save to the cloud.

-I stayed online, the game started to download the update but I immediately loaded the save still on version 1.00 (loaded the beginning of the Eliza Sceme) I'd just backed up.

-All Accessibility settings were on their defaults.

-I didn't immediately commit to "move on" I kinda just spammed left on the... left analog stick sometimes letting the gauge fill close to the left, sometimes just spamming left however looking back on the video the trophy popped before I officially selected but I really thought I didn't see it pop until after I selected it officially... even more strangely despite my settings to capture screenshots for "All Trophy Grades" it missed the screenshot for both the trophy itself and the platinum however it did capture the platinum video as I have it set to capture 15 second platinum videos.

-I shooed away the Raven by the radio hut in chapter 1, interacted with the Phone with Laura in Chapter 7 (as well with Dylan in Chapter 2 fwiw), and played the Piano in Chapter 9. I can't remember if I did anything else special or "trivial" but don't think I did? I ignored pretty much all of the other non-essential collectibles (except the Bloated Corpse in Evidence) however I did get every card besides Justice as I drowned Jacob in Chapter 3 by having him dive after the stolen Rotor Arm. I also obviously skipped the Hierophant as I killed off Abi in Chapter 6 and got Emma Infected which let me kill off Dylan in Chapter 8 so there was no one there that could've possibly collected it to begin with.

-Speaking of Collectibles, other than all the Tarot Cards available before Chapter 10 (minus Justice and Hierophant) the only other collectibles I obtained were the Bloated Corpse as I already mentioned, the Bloodied Collar, Counselor's Ledger, Spooky Drawing, and Campers Photo.

-On the same playthrough (I'd previously had backed up in the end of Chapter 8) I completed the game by shooting Laura with Ryan (I didn't stab Bobby on this run) then let Kaitlyn get killed in the Cabin in Chapter 10 (I broke into the Cabin but didn't grab the Toy and since Abi and Emma weren't there to give her the Silver Shell she was literally screwed with nothing that could save her) and the trophy didn't pop. When I got it what I did differently, besides making my Backup Save when I reached Eliza at the very end of Chapter 9, this time I hesitated with Ryan when he had the opportunity to shoot after I'd stabbed Bobby this time so everyone in the room was killed.

Paths (12/15): Prologue + Chapters 1-9 only (All these titles/descriptions are based on version 1.00/pre-patched)

Laura & Max

-Laura tried to help Max after he was attacked in the storm shelter.

-Max was concerned about Laura's wellbeing in the prison.

-Laura was sympathetic to Max over his rejection letter.

-Laura was supportive of Max during their imprisonment.

Above the Law:

-Laura lied to the cop about the accident on the road.

-Laura tried to make a grab for Travis' gun when they were talking in the cell.

-Laura shot Travis and left him bleeding in her cell.

-Laura did not shoot Constance.

-Laura did not attack Jedediah.

-Laura and Travis killed each other during the chaos at the Hackett House.

A Fool's Errand

- Jacob removed the rotor arm from the minivan.

-The minivan failed to start, so the counselors couldn't leave Hackett's Quarry.

- The rotor arm fell out of Jacob's pocket when he was swimming in the lake.

-Jacob chose to dive into the lake in search of the rotor arm.

-Jacob got his hand caught when grabbing the rotor arm.

Jacob drowned.

Down the Rabbit Hole

-Abi chose to help Emma break into the cabin.

-Abi was able to explore inside the cabin.

-Abi left her backpack in the lodge kitchen.

-Kaitlyn, Abi and Mick were able to hide in the cabin without alerting the creature.

-Dylan was bitten by the creature when trying to hook up the feedback loop.

Playing with Fire

-Emma chose not to take the fireworks with her.

-Emma fired the shotgun into the air when rejoining the others.

-Emma found nothing of use left at the firepit.

-Without the fireworks, Emma was left defenseless against the attacking werewolf.

-Emma was attacked and bitten, leaving her infected.

Watch Your Step

Dylan chose not to open the trapdoor.

Pieces of Silver

-Abi came to Nick's aid when he was attacked in the woods.

-Nick appreciated Abi trying to help him during the attack.

-Abi chose not to shoot Nick.

-Nick transformed into a monster and decapitated Abi.

Finders Keepers

-Ryan struggled to navigate through the woods.

-Ryan heard a rustling in the bushes and took a shot, adding to Nick's injuries.

???

Helping Hand

-Ryan decided to sever Dylan's hand.

-Ryan used the chainsaw to sever Dylan's Hand.

-Dylan's infection stopped spreading.

The White Whale

-Laura shot Travis when escaping her cell.

-Ryan didn't shoot anyone during the ordeal at the Hackett House.

-Ryan was mauled to death by Chris Hackett.

Teambuilding

-Kaitlyn had to brave the scrapyard alone.

-Kaitlyn barely escaped the werewolf in the scrapyard.

???

A Pound of Flesh

-Ryan chose not to remove the knife from his stab wound.

-Ryan had to be careful not to exacerbate his injury as he fled from Bobby.

-Ryan removed the knife from his wound and stabbed Bobby.

-Ryan chose to accept Laura's offer to bite him.

-Bobby was weakened and unable to defend himself against Chris.

???

Final Thoughts:

Don't think I have much else to say other than I wish everyone else attempting to pop this trophy before the inevitable patch the best of luck and if this post helps even just one person do just that then this whole experience was completely worth it, mad respect to this community for coming together for this cause. And remember: what doesn't kill you will make you stronger!FVkmJ4kWUAAM-y1?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I will attempt to try this again! The game did break on me the last time I tried this, so I don't think i'll be able to do a full playthrough without exiting the game

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Beatle-Girl said:

I will attempt to try this again! The game did break on me the last time I tried this, so I don't think i'll be able to do a full playthrough without exiting the game

Best of luck!

Also gonna use this post to show the video just for potential future reference: 

• Like 1

I'm sorry guys. My attempts to get the trophy to pop on my old account was a failure. I must've been playing on 1.0 and didn't realize it. I never reverted back to 1.0 while testing my theories, so I'll leave them here. Also, still collect one Tarot card per chapter to be able to choose Move On in the Eliza scenes.

Theory #1: You have to look at every Tarot card (except The Hierophant) even if you don't pick them up.

Theory #2: Don't pick up the Death card in Chapter 9 as Ryan. Look at it but don't pick it up. You won't be able to interact with anything in the room for a short time. Eventually, Bobby will burst down the door and the chase sequence will start.

Theory #3: Same as #2 but interact with the cabinet and look under the bed. Do this before you look at the Death card then wait for Bobby to burst through the door.

Hopefully, a patch drops soon.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, proud2bNs said:

Did someone try to downgrade and NOT delete saves / start new game (chapter select)? Is the 1.02 save file compatible with the old version?

Yes, I had the everyone lives (always move on) save for 1.02, used chapter select from ch8. The save worked, though no trophy at end of ch8 or 9.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, proud2bNs said:

Did someone try to downgrade and NOT delete saves / start new game (chapter select)? Is the 1.02 save file compatible with the old version?

I did this after uninstalling and downloading my saves after the reinstall and everything was fine. To top it off, playing off my old 1.00 save in the middle of chapter 4 after updating didn't mess up anything either.   

Right guys after a few unsuccessful unpatched runs it finally POPPED.

What i did now was (and i'm 99% sure this is what triggers it), you have to encounter Eliza in your gameplay whenever you can.

So see her in the window + get rid of raven as Abi ch. 1

When u r in the woods as Abi nighttime do not rush to exit make a lap so you encounter her

Pick the phone as Dylan and Laura to hear her voice

Listen to podcast thing in ch. 7

See Eliza in the window as Laura in ch.9 and see her as Abi in the shelter - not picking up the card (if you get rid of her earlier, that's good i quess, since folks unlocking trophy at the end of ch. 8)

On my run i opened trap door as Emma and then as Jacob i could see Eliza in ch. 6 after that i faill all QTE

MOVE ON obvs. I didn't pick Hermit and Justice cards.

In ch.9 at Hackets house no one survived in my playtrough - i shot Travis as Laura, didn't accept the bait, stubbed Bobby, Chris killed family members, shot Chris, Ryan died from stabbed wound.

Someone brave enough with digital copy can give it a go maybe it will work, basically you have to encounter Eliza in your gameplay

Edited by ozoevil
Extra details
  • Like 2

Just a little update from what I said a couple days ago: I finally popped the hard pass trophy (popped after chapter 9) and got the platinum just now. Played offline while starting a new game. Just glad it’s finally over for me.

Edit: Should also note that I did not do this in one sitting. IMG_3425.png

Edited by Apocasy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ozoevil said:

What i did now was (and i'm 99% sure this is what triggers it), you have to encounter Eliza in your gameplay whenever you can.

When u r in the woods as Abi nighttime do not rush to exit make a lap so you encounter her

See Eliza in the window as Laura in ch.9 and see her as Abi in the shelter - not picking up the card (if you get rid of her earlier, that's good i quess, since folks unlocking trophy at the end of ch. 8)

On my run i opened trap door as Emma and then as Jacob i could see Eliza in ch. 6 after that i faill all QTE

In ch.9 at Hackets house no one survived in my playtrough - i shot Travis as Laura, didn't accept the bait, stubbed Bobby, Chris killed family members, shot Chris, Ryan died from stabbed wound.

Someone brave enough with digital copy can give it a go maybe it will work, basically you have to encounter Eliza in your gameplay

Did you do all of this on the unpatches version as well? 

2 hours ago, ozoevil said:

is there a reason why you didn't pick up the hermit? i've just picked it up on my unpatched playthrough ?

edit: also in ch. 6, as jacob do you see eliza through a cutscene or by walking around?

Edited by Beatle-Girl

27 minutes ago, Beatle-Girl said:

is there a reason why you didn't pick up the hermit? i've just picked it up on my unpatched playthrough ?

edit: also in ch. 6, as jacob do you see eliza through a cutscene or by walking around?

About hermit - not particularly no i just tried to do oposite of premunition, since i didn't know that you can get him killed in ch. 6 before bear trap.

U can see Eliza through cutscene where at the beginning of Jacob segment he trips and you can see her legs sort of ....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ozoevil said:

I’ll try it .