Optimal Speedrun Approach

Thermopyle2

On 9/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, SliK6SiK said:

I would recommend to spread your rounds around when grinding by giving a priority to the official rounds from the top rank down and avoiding the unofficial whenever possible. I started doing this too late at 72/120 when I was done with most of the game and now I'll have to play more than intended.

Yep, that's what I recommended in the OP, though my preference was to focus on official rounds from the bottom. The reason for that is that your clubs and skills are lower-leveled starting out and it's easier to beat the gallery members early on, then as you get further in and you have better skills/clubs, you have more of an advantage against the higher-rank opponents and tricker courses.

19 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Just got to rank 7 and just beat revenge kato so thats a HUGE worry off my mind! Bouta do the professors quizzes and finish up for the night.

How long did it take you to get Kato VS? Ive just finished up Rank 6 and am able to cycle the revenge VS characters by restarting the game, but haven’t gotten Kato once in about 30 mins cycling.

2 minutes ago, SasquatchSaul said:

How long did it take you to get Kato VS? Ive just finished up Rank 6 and am able to cycle the revenge VS characters by restarting the game, but haven’t gotten Kato once in about 30 mins cycling.

Bout 15 mins. It is random and youll get other people 2x sometimes but youll get him.

Also if anyone cares; the course for the glitch is avail now for the next 24 hours. Go.

6 minutes ago, SasquatchSaul said:

It takes a while. It could be just bad luck but It is probably more likely that some characters have inherently lower odds. For example, when I just started cycling through characters I barely encountered Adam but saw several other characters appear multiple times.

Got sick of the constant cycling so I set a limit as to how many to do each day and if Kato didn't appear, I would just beat whoever showed up to eliminate them from the pool. Finally got him to appear on the 4th day. Now I did all this when there was still plenty of time left. If you're doing this now with about 9-10 days left, I think you may want to just try and try until you get him.

8 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Bout 15 mins. It is random and youll get other people 2x sometimes but youll get him.

Also if anyone cares; the course for the glitch is avail now for the next 24 hours. Go.

8 hours ago, RotatingCube said:

It takes a while. It could be just bad luck but It is probably more likely that some characters have inherently lower odds. For example, when I just started cycling through characters I barely encountered Adam but saw several other characters appear multiple times.

Got sick of the constant cycling so I set a limit as to how many to do each day and if Kato didn't appear, I would just beat whoever showed up to eliminate them from the pool. Finally got him to appear on the 4th day. Now I did all this when there was still plenty of time left. If you're doing this now with about 9-10 days left, I think you may want to just try and try until you get him.

Thanks both, will keep trying and hope I get him then! 

Regarding the Condor glitch course, is today likely to be the last day to do that would you think? 

5 hours ago, SasquatchSaul said:

Thanks both, will keep trying and hope I get him then! 

Regarding the Condor glitch course, is today likely to be the last day to do that would you think? 

I dont think its the last time, since the base game has only 5 courses and theres only so much different conditions they can do, ita bound to repeat again or be back a next day. Long as it isnt mega or tornado cups youll be fine.

2 hours ago, SasquatchSaul said:

Managed to get Kato after only a couple resets, did the condor glitch and also knocked out all trick shots! Just fishing left now, looking like I’ll make it to the finish line OK, provided nothing else is online dependant.

How do you do them trickshots easily? Ive not really used them so ive tried to do 1 of them and i just suck.

Kato doesn’t appear to me! Actually, i restarted the game almost 20 times and the vs character never change. Everytime is the same!

I don’t know why this happen to me, cause after i completed the game, just start to try cycling. 

The only thing I remember is, when i beat the last character in rank 6, the game crashed, and i restarted it. Since then, no cycling…

Now i’m beating the characters normally and hoping for Kato appears before servers close.

On 9/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, RedHotChiliFan1 said:

If anyone is looking for a glitched charakcter:

Press Option

Go down to Data

Press X

Go Down to Copy Ranking and Press X

On Overall Top 100 scroll down to place 52 named すばる

Press X and Copy Character 

After Done Back Out and go to Customisation Player

Edit character change body type to male 3

save and finish

2 minutes ago, Rated-G said:

Does anyone have a glitched character I can copy? Looking to try for the condor/albatross glitch before server shutdown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liverlover2018 said:

Can you tell me how to get this glitched character??

A couple options.

1.) Enter an online open course that has a lot of players in it around the start time of the new in-game day (12am GMT). Preferably Kanaloa (Out) as that’s where the glitch is used and has the most people using the characters. Have to get lucky and someone switches to the glitched character and you can copy it quickly. They’ll be invisible on the course and in the “Players on Course” list. This is how I got it but it’s not reliable.

2.) Follow instructions in RNumbers’ quoted post above about copying a player from the top 100 ranking. Haven’t tried this but if it works it seems it would be most reliable method.

3.) Create or join a gaming session here on PSNProfiles. There is currently one available to join with a member offering to help.

Edited by NMErickson

18 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Complete 120 challenge tournaments (Hikari)

This mean just to play 120 official rounds?

Yep, that's right. All of the Secret VS characters trigger off stuff in Official Rounds, to my recollection, and it's why you always want to play official matches if one is available.