Optimal Speedrun Approach

Thermopyle2

On August 27, 2022 at 6:46 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

I know for sure you can't just change the date on your console while offline to trick the game into giving you a new VS character. I'm not sure if it reaches out to a an Everybody's Golf server to identify that it's a new day or if it uses some other mechanism. It's possible that once the servers go down you could continue to access the Revenge characters, but you do need to go online for the fishing trophy, and getting that trophy also requires that you've beaten one of the Revenge Vs characters (Kano, specifically.) There's plenty of time still to finish the game even if you started today, but I would definitely recommend getting everything done before Sept. 30th if you do plan to play it.

So no one really is 100% sure that revenge characters will be available post shutdown? Boy, a lot of people could get really screwed if it does end up that way. 

1 hour ago, RotatingCube said:

So no one really is 100% sure that revenge characters will be available post shutdown? Boy, a lot of people could get really screwed if it does end up that way. 

I just tested something. I started game disconnected to internet. Had the pop up that network features are disabled. Did not have the new daily revenge vs character already in the home area. I loaded in and a new one was there waiting. It seems ok.

One thing to factor in that may require extra time is if the vs character match is randomly assigned a very difficult course and with penalties. From my experience the last DLC course, Akigase, was the only really difficult one and I skipped that day. Eventually I got the same character to face but on a different course. If you don’t have DLC it should be smooth sailing though, especially on Gimme mode. Time to complete shouldn’t be an issue as long as you’ve beat revenge Kato to unlock Walking Encyclopedia and because it appears revenge vs characters still cycle offline.

Edited by NMErickson

23 minutes ago, RotatingCube said:

I'd like to know for sure as well. I'm about halfway to rank 5, but if Revenge characters aren't available post shutdown, I'm gonna have to pick up the pace. 

• Like 1

Managed to get a glitched character and obtain a condor, popping both hole-in-one related trophies... But I am unable to get Eve or Melissa to appear.

Had a Secret VS character (the guy for swimming) on the stage at that point, went and beat him to clear him off and hopefully get Eve to spawn with a subsequent condor but no such luck.

Now I've done 13 total condors on various holes on various courses, all with the glitch method, and still no related Secret VS characters.

Does Rank 7 need to be obtained before those two Secret VS characters in particular will appear? Or is there something else I've messed up?

Yes, Rank 7 is required before some of the secret vs characters will appear. Once you reach that rank, just obtain another condor and Eve/Melissa should appear. 

Honestly, getting to rank 7 should be the first thing everyone should do in this game before anything else. It makes going for the platinum less complicated.

• Like 2

Can someone explain the Gimme mode to me?

Why Serious Mode? It makes your opponents harder, and gives you more EXP. But you only get the full EXP reward for a course if you get first place, so even though higher rank courses will progress you faster, it's better to do lower Rank courses you can win than higher Rank that you can't. This will vary on your skill and clubs, so use your judgement. Despite using Serious Mode, the game was patched at some point so that you can use Gimme Mode in every match, which lowers the difficulty back down without hurting your EXP. So I suggest using both at all times to combine EXP plus beating your opponents as easily as possible (which gives you more audience members per tournament.)

I just booted up the game, and I only see the toggle for Serious mode. If I'm understanding this correctly, is Gimme mode automatically the default, and then I should turn on Serious mode to get both benefits? Am I missing something here?

edit: ah it was in the next screen over!

Edited by Yinyangfooey
  • Like 1

On 01/09/2022 at 5:39 AM, RotatingCube said:

Yes, Rank 7 is required before some of the secret vs characters will appear. Once you reach that rank, just obtain another condor and Eve/Melissa should appear. 

Honestly, getting to rank 7 should be the first thing everyone should do in this game before anything else. It makes going for the platinum less complicated.

I reached Rank 7 and I got the 3 Condors and i only got Eve to pop out on stage. Do i need to beat her to get Melissa to pop up?

2 minutes ago, Xatranaz said:

I reached Rank 7 and I got the 3 Condors and i only got Eve to pop out on stage. Do i need to beat her to get Melissa to pop up?

Only one secret character will be present at once. If you've unlocked multiple they will appear as soon as you beat the one in front of them in line.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xatranaz said:

Yes, to my recollection only one Special VS will appear at a time, and one Rank/Revenge VS will appear-they're on opposite sides of that stage. If you beat either, then the next will appear in that spot. You may need to quit to the title menu and then re-enter the game to force the spawn of the next one, though (excluding Revenge VS which won't appear until the next day.)

1 minute ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

I screwed myself out of getting Kato as my first revenge character by quitting to the main menu (autosave) instead of quitting the app. How long does it take for a new character to show up?

Once a day, 1 am UK time, make sure to beat the character, otherwise there's a chance you'll face them again before Kato.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Once a day, 1 am UK time, make sure to beat the character, otherwise there's a chance you'll face them again before Kato.

Ok, thanks. Do we know if Revenge Vs. Characters and Gimme Mode will still be available after server shutdown? I tried playing with my internet turned off and a Revenge Character still showed up and I was able to do Gimme mode so I guess they will be?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSlyGCooper said:

Ok, thanks. Do we know if Revenge Vs. Characters and Gimme Mode will still be available after server shutdown? I tried playing with my internet turned off and a Revenge Character still showed up and I was able to do Gimme mode so I guess they will be?

Seems like it, yes. So assuming you beat Revenge Kano, finish the golfing, and use the glitch to get your 3 condors and 5 albatrosses knocked out then you should be fine.

On 9/8/2022 at 11:23 PM, Thermopyle2 said:

Read the first post. You need to get to rank 7.

(Not that it needs to be any more so, but having asked previously) I can verify this now — made Rank 7, let the credits roll, went and got my 14th Condor, and it granted me both Secret VS characters. Had to beat Eve to get the second character to be accessible but didn't need to get additional Condors.

If anyone is looking for a glitched charakcter:

Press Option

Go down to Data

Press X

Go Down to Copy Ranking and Press X

On Overall Top 100 scroll down to place 52 named すばる

Press X and Copy Character 

After Done Back Out and go to Customisation Player

Edit character change body type to male 3

save and finish

Edited by RedHotChiliFan1
  • Like 3

Is there any way to reshuffle the current tournament rounds in Rank 7? I have 75/200 NPCs in gallery with 111/120 tourneys done and game loves to give me both unofficial or 18 hole ones. Restarting game doesn't work as it's already saved, and triangle only shuffles the players, so the way I've been doing it is by playing the easiest official round on Rank 1 which shuffles the round type as well, but I'll go well over 130 this way. 

Edit: So I figured out that you can accomplish that by restarting the game from the Tournament Select screen. If you trigger a save by doing other things like quitting a match or doing other activities then it'll be that same tournament and player list even if you restart. Good luck everyone.

Edited by SliK6SiK
Update

41 minutes ago, SliK6SiK said:

Is there any way to reshuffle the current tournament rounds in Rank 7? I have 75/200 NPCs in gallery with 111/120 tourneys done and game loves to give me both unofficial or 18 hole ones. Restarting game doesn't work as it's already saved, and triangle only shuffles the players, so the way I've been doing it is by playing the easiest official round on Rank 1 which shuffles the round type as well, but I'll go well over 130 this way. 

I thought backing out to the title menu did the trick. If not, Unofficial Tournaments do give you gallery members, so that's fine to play if you don't have any incomplete ranks with official matches on offer. The only reason to focus on official whenever possible (for galleries that are incomplete) is to make sure you're not wasting your play time on stuff that doesn't count towards your Secret VS requirements. Going over 120 rounds doesn't hurt anything.

1 hour ago, Thermopyle2 said:

I thought backing out to the title menu did the trick. If not, Unofficial Tournaments do give you gallery members, so that's fine to play if you don't have any incomplete ranks with official matches on offer. The only reason to focus on official whenever possible (for galleries that are incomplete) is to make sure you're not wasting your play time on stuff that doesn't count towards your Secret VS requirements. Going over 120 rounds doesn't hurt anything.

I had tried it before and just tried it again to verify -- it doesn't if I quit to title. You did it from the home area right?

I know you get members for unofficial, I just wanted to be as efficient as possible.

I would recommend to spread your rounds around when grinding by giving a priority to the official rounds from the top rank down and avoiding the unofficial whenever possible. I started doing this too late at 72/120 when I was done with most of the game and now I'll have to play more than intended.

6 hours ago, WorldsBestSpy said:

Should I beat Secret VS characters as they come or just defeat them once I get to rank 7?

No reason not to. Might as well get the ones that can show up before rank 7 out of the way. Plus beating any vs character (regular, secret, and revenge) always gives you bonus stats. It's random which club gets it but improving any club is always welcome.