Optimal Speedrun Approach

Thermopyle2

Nice guide, hopefully this will help people before 9/30.  I did a video a few weeks ago that kind of illustrates what you said above, the only difference is it includes instructions for doing condors without the character glitch:

Thanks again!

• Like 4

I think it still took me 10 hours to get the three condors even after I got the custom club to the right power level. Of course, a lot depends on luck and whether you get nice conditions and pin location for that specific day. I put on a few podcasts and kinda zoned out while taking my shots.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, CobraMJD said:

@Thermopyle2 Thank you, great post and very helpful for starters like me, I don't understand completely this game yet.

Just one question, I need the condors and albatross to unlock the Secret VS. After the server shutdown I can't get these Secret adversaries?

You can still get the secret VS after shutdown..but farming for condors and albatross is gonna be so much harder compared doing it on the online courses with glitched character or grinding gems for the max custom club.

Edited by U_mad_bro7778
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

You can still get the secret VS after shutdown..but farming for condors and albatross is gonna be so much harder compared doing it on the online courses with glitched character or grinding gems for the max custom club.

Thank you, I really like the game so I won't worry too much with this glitch then, if I saw it I get it, if not I'm fine too.

On 6/28/2022 at 5:42 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

Here is the best video example I've seen of the glitch. The glitch only counts Condors/Albatrosses when the hole is in official mode--if it's not, check back tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback! (I created the video you linked) Yeah it's definitely been a learning process even with getting the glitch character, learning new things about it and the various comments attest to that. Tried to give as much info as I could in the video description too to help folks out. Helped quite a few people already with it and happy to help more if needed.

Your optimal speedrun approach post is top quality btw ?

13 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

Thanks for the feedback! (I created the video you linked) Yeah it's definitely been a learning process even with getting the glitch character, learning new things about it and the various comments attest to that. Tried to give as much info as I could in the video description too to help folks out. Helped quite a few people already with it and happy to help more if needed.

Your optimal speedrun approach post is top quality btw 1f44d.png

Hello and thanks for your proposal.

I started the game this Saturday 16th, and I'm rank 3.

I played about 4 / 5 hours, it seems quite long to reach rank 7.

Edit : In first post, it is said that we have to wait for rank 7 to be able to use the condor glitch

Edited by DynaVita
error
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DynaVita said:

Hello and thanks for your proposal.

I started the game this Saturday 16th, and I'm rank 3.

I played about 4 / 5 hours, it seems quite long to reach rank 7.

Edit : In first post, it is said that we have to wait for rank 7 to be able to use the condor glitch

You can use the condor glitch anytime to get the 3 condors and 5 albatross' in order to unlock the secret vs characters associated with those feats. You have to get to rank 7 in order for those secret vs characters to actually appear in your home area in game to battle against. So that's why @Thermopyle2 recommended getting to rank 7 first. People get confused when they unlock those secret vs characters using the glitch and then they don't appear in the home area for them and they aren't far enough in the game for them to appear.

Nice guide, but make sure to use gimme mode. There is no reason not to use it. You can use it at the same time as serious mode and it makes get first and beating vs characters easier. 

If anything I would say don't worry about serious mode and just work on winning rounds and beating vs characters while in gimme mode. 

Also I would recommend using the big air clubs with standard balls for most of the game.

Besides those I agree with everything else you said.

Edited by UnwaveringSoul_
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, UnwaveringSoul_ said:

Nice guild, but make sure to use gimme mode. There is no reason not to use it. You can use it at the same time as serious mode and it makes get first and beating vs characters easier. 

If anything I would say don't worry about serious mode and just work on winning rounds and beating vs characters while in gimme mode. 

Also I would recommend using the big air clubs with standard balls for most of the game.

Besides those I agree with everything else you said.

Good points, I added a bit about both of those.

5 hours ago, DynaVita said:

For those who didn't start the game yet,

I needed a week, playing 2/3 hours per day, to achieve Rank 7.

So 7 days + 18 days = 25 days to platinum this game.

Just a heads-up, you can subtract a day by quitting to title once you hit Rank 7 and then re-enter the game to make the first opponent show up immediately instead of waiting until the day after. I just edited that in for clarification.

Edited by Thermopyle2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, KingSkovald said:

How do I find a glitched character? I'm checking Communication -> Players on Course menu every time I go fishing in online course but I never saw invisible characters there.

I as well have been having this issue. Been checking every single day for a glitched character and absolutely no luck. Getting these condors are purely RNG I’ve come to realize and my god it’s beginning to bug me. Hell, id be grateful to find someone with a glitched character at this point 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DrewFrostStormy said:

I as well have been having this issue. Been checking every single day for a glitched character and absolutely no luck. Getting these condors are purely RNG I’ve come to realize and my god it’s beginning to bug me. Hell, id be grateful to find someone with a glitched character at this point 

Might be worth creating a boosting session to try and find people with glitched characters that can help

Edited by Stevieboy

1 hour ago, MD_91 said:

Might be worth creating a boosting session to try and find people with glitched characters that can help

Good point. I decided to start a boost session honestly, since I haven’t been getting any condors. Hell, I really hope someone can help.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 1

Once you reach Rank 7, you unlock access to something called "Lone Elite Setting" which allows you to play with maxed out clubs. I'm not sure why it was omitted from this post as it is an absolute game changer.

Unless I'm mistaken, it allows you to skip working on custom clubs all together and just play game after game with maxed out standard clubs.

@Thermopyle2c could you possibly discuss and elaborate this further in your post?

20 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Once you reach Rank 7, you unlock access to something called "Lone Elite Setting" which allows you to play with maxed out clubs. I'm not sure why it was omitted from this post as it is an absolute game changer.

Unless I'm mistaken, it allows you to skip working on custom clubs all together and just play game after game with maxed out standard clubs.

@Thermopyle2c could you possibly discuss and elaborate this further in your post?

EDIT - Nevermind misunderstood that last line...

Edited by TheRedMaverick

On 8/11/2022 at 11:07 PM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding how it works (which is quite possible) from my own experimentation, it doesn't actually max out your clubs. What it does is max out your character progression while also locking you into the standard clubs. Standard clubs add 0 to all of your stats, so you're left with the maximum possible character stats, which gives you 25/15/15/10 for power/control/backspin/back door. Your longest distance stat is still going to be 280y despite that; distance additions come in through the gear, not from player upgrades. If I switch to Big Air, which has a power stat of 8, my longest distance stat jumps from 280y to 312y (each 1 power adds 4y.) If I switch to my admittedly terrible custom clubs, power 18, my distance jumps to 352y--if you get far luckier than I did and max at power 30 custom clubs, that's 400y.

I'm not entirely sure how character progression maps in the game; my character stats are 18/12/9/6, so I don't know for example what the extra 7 power really means when I'm playing a course. My character very clearly isn't suddenly hitting the ball an extra 28y, which is how I would expect it to work--both the course screen and my in-game hits still show me at 280y.

If somebody has an explanation that can prove maxed out character stats are worth more than the additional distance Big Air or a custom set can get you, I'm all for adding that to the guide. Though don't forget that you're not going from 1s to 25/15/15/10--since you can't switch to Elite until you hit Rank 7, the stat jump is going to be lesser based on your levels at that point; for me it's 7/3/6/4. Is that worth losing 72y on my strokes? I don't have a clue.

• Like 1

So I didn’t know that you can only upgrade custom clubs a set amount of times (the trophy guide made absolutely no mention of this). So I upgraded at first with mostly power and some in control and got a 17 power club before realizing I couldn’t do more.

I recycled and tried again, just power but I got one 2-level up and one 3-level up. Everything else was just one so it’s falling hilariously short of the recommended 20 power.

Wish I knew this before wasting all those hard earned gems.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ChowderlyDude said:

can you get revenge vs characters after shutdown anyone know?

I know for sure you can't just change the date on your console while offline to trick the game into giving you a new VS character. I'm not sure if it reaches out to a an Everybody's Golf server to identify that it's a new day or if it uses some other mechanism. It's possible that once the servers go down you could continue to access the Revenge characters, but you do need to go online for the fishing trophy, and getting that trophy also requires that you've beaten one of the Revenge Vs characters (Kano, specifically.) There's plenty of time still to finish the game even if you started today, but I would definitely recommend getting everything done before Sept. 30th if you do plan to play it.