Starting Fresh

Shipwreck24273

Never played either of the Destiny games before, but I’m a fan of the looter-shooter genre so I’d like to get into this one. 2 questions:

1. Are both the PS4 and PS5 versions 100%able right now? I’ve been reading the different threads here and it seems like some folks say it is and others are saying some trophies are glitched.

2. Exactly which version on the PlayStation store do I buy? Sorry I know this is probably a dumb question, but it seems like everything on the store is labeled as an add-on and I didn’t where anything said it included the base game. For the record, I’d like to get whichever version includes the dlc.

The base game is free. If you are planning to play only to get the 100%, you only need to buy the Forsaken DLC. But if you are staying longer, the relevant content are the Forsaken, Shadowkeep, Beyond Light and Witch Queen. Witch Queen is the latest DLC, you can find a bundle with this DLC and the current season in the store.

Edit: I forgot to say that all the DLC are free to play until next tuesday.

Edited by RangyRV
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2022 at 9:12 AM, Shipwreck24273 said:

New question… How do I access the Forsaken nightfalls (I think only The Corrupted and Warden of Nothing are still doable?)? Are they on a rotating list and I just need to wait for one to show up or do I have to do the Forsaken quest line to make them available, or what?

You must wait until the weekly rotation has a Forsaken Nightfall available.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 0:19 AM, Shipwreck24273 said:

That’s what I figured. Thanks!

The weekly nightfall rotation consists of six strikes every season. There aren’t any Forsaken strikes in the rotation this season. This season lasts until 6 December. So it’ll be a while before we get a new set of nightfall strikes

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, Alindawyl said:

The weekly nightfall rotation consists of six strikes every season. There aren’t any Forsaken strikes in the rotation this season. This season lasts until 6 December. So it’ll be a while before we get a new set of nightfall strikes

???‍♂️ Damnit. At least I know now. Fingers crossed for next season then I guess. Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 4:28 PM, Alindawyl said:

I’m so confused. Trophy data for Darkness Falls shows trophy being earned daily. How is this possible if Forsaken Nightfalls aren’t available? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DdMac679 said:

I’m so confused. Trophy data for Darkness Falls shows trophy being earned daily. How is this possible if Forsaken Nightfalls aren’t available? 

People transferring progress from other versions where they already have that trophy/achievement?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DdMac679 said:

What Stevieboy said. Everything for Destiny 2 is stored server side by Bungie on their servers, tied to your Bungie account. You can autopop Destiny 2 trophies on PS4 or PS5 if you already earned them on the other platform.

You can even autopop achievements on PC or either Xbox console if you have trophies on Playstation, or vice versa to autopop trophies on Playstation if you’ve earned the achievements on PC or Xbox. You just have to link your Gamertag or Steam ID to your Bungie account.

• 1 month later...
52 minutes ago, Sailar91 said:

How long is the plat? There are different guides some say 80 others 150

its 150+ because the nightfall grandmaster difficulty. You will need to get to a high light in order to access it. And only  pinnacle drops high/powerful gear helps leveling your light along with seasonal artifact. So it will take you a lot of grind to get there. It will be faster if you own all dlcs I assume because you will have more opportunities to get powerful drops. Good luck 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How solo friendly is the game these days? On launch I had a large group of friends I played with on PC. I've been thinking of getting back into it, but I'd be alone. Curious if all the best gear is still tied to raids or not. I'd probably use a designated discord as a party finder for nightfalls and such... but reading about the high difficulty of grandmaster, I'm concerned if that's even possible anymore.

My friend and I just 100% the game. Easy to solo for day-to-day content, while using the Destiny App to find parties when required. Grandmaster is a time sink to ensure you’re properly geared and pending when you come into a season, you might not complete that trophy within the same season (additionally some GMs are harder than others). Plenty of folks willing to help/boost/etc., and you get what you put into it. 100% is a little harder to get because it’s dependent on Forsaken NF’s to be in rotation. Overall it was an enjoyable looter/shooter. 

• Like 2