Basto Content Update

Biertje373

2 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Companies are trying to manufacture secondary revenue streams after launch. What they fail to realize is gamers are deliberately not purchasing games at release because of constant DLC add-ons 6+ months later.

Publishers and developers need to wise the fuck up and start providing us with complete games on release day as an incentive to consumers to become early adopters of their product.

Well, gamers like us aren't buying day one, but the masses sure are. Every time a game releases it's a new sales record for the franchise! 

It's not just the extended content that puts me off, the day one bugs and glitches are enough to keep me away for the first 3-6 months on their own

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

So you don't like developers supporting their games and would only go back for trophies? Gaming is supposed to be fun. Not a check list of things to reward you a digital thing 

True. But dlc is also a good thing if done right. Gives you an excuse to revisit something you enjoyed

Go tell that to Old Cranky Gamers dot com. This is a trophy website and that's how a lot of us play games. I have fun going for trophies. I like to move on once the list is complete and do not like having incomplete lists and do not like having to spend more money in order to complete the list.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

Go tell that to Old Cranky Gamers dot com. This is a trophy website and that's how a lot of us play games. I have fun going for trophies. I like to move on once the list is complete and do not like having incomplete lists and do not like having to spend more money in order to complete the list.

If you have fun with trophies that is cool but your comment didn't actually make It look like you would be having fun going back to the game.

• Like 1

I knew there was a reason we got this game with PS+! They've planned to add DLC and hopefully some trophies aswell. It has become a new standard that at least one game each months either has a lot of DLC or has upcoming DLC. Godfall, Hitman, Kingdoms of Amalur, Ghost Runner, Conan: Exiles, Mortal Shell to mention a few.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

If you have fun with trophies that is cool but your comment didn't actually make It look like you would be having fun going back to the game.

Yes, I do not enjoy going back to games once I think I'm done with them. This is why I usually wait for complete editions or whatever. In this case, I've just finished the game, but in a lot of cases, I have to relearn the mechanics of the game and I'd really rather be on to something else instead.

13 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I knew there was a reason we got this game with PS+! They've planned to add DLC and hopefully some trophies aswell. It has become a new standard that at least one game each months either has a lot of DLC or has upcoming DLC. Godfall, Hitman, Kingdoms of Amalur, Ghost Runner, Conan: Exiles, Mortal Shell to mention a few.

I wonder what the price of the DLC will be?

Haha, by the time you posted this, both questions have been answered. Actually, the price (free) was in the initial video, and there's a screenshot of a Twitter post confirming there are new trophies.

• Like 1

Just now, yowzagabowza said:

Haha, by the time you posted this, both questions have been answered. Actually, the price (free) was in the initial video, and there's a screenshot of a Twitter post confirming there are new trophies.

Yeah i noticed it said free update and edited my post => Also saw that we are getting new trophies. I can't complain about more free trophies. Would be kinda funny if they made one trophy in the DLC super duper hard to get just to screw with peoples completion % =)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the1andonly654 said:

Was there any mention when this might release? I was planning on starting this game today or tomorrow but since new trophies are coming, I might hold off on that. 

I checked the Playstation blog about this announcement real quick and to just quote them "This update will be a gift to all our players, as thanks for playing. We sincerely hope you enjoy all its changes! We don’t quite know exactly when it will drop, but keep Toem installed on your PS5 and you’ll be reminded when it does." so we don't know when for now.

Edited by Biertje373
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...