Any update on the bugged trophies?

bubbavro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 7:19 PM, IcySeaSurfer said:

Well now someone has the plat, which is more than the 0.0% it was a few days ago. I assume its a dev or someone working for the company testing a future patch that aims to fix the issues.

Great to hear! I think this game is really fun, but the bugged trophies are a bit of a bummer to me

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 11:19 AM, IcySeaSurfer said:

Well now someone has the plat, which is more than the 0.0% it was a few days ago. I assume its a dev or someone working for the company testing a future patch that aims to fix the issues.

Given it’s been months since that individual earned the Platinum, no one else seems to have managed it, the Jackpot trophies still show 0 achievers on the Xbox side, and Nicalis still has nothing to say about the issue, I suspect something hinky going on rather than an incoming fix. Think this one is going to rot in the “forever unobtainable” pile.

4 hours ago, Ashande said:

Given it’s been months since that individual earned the Platinum, no one else seems to have managed it, the Jackpot trophies still show 0 achievers on the Xbox side, and Nicalis still has nothing to say about the issue, I suspect something hinky going on rather than an incoming fix. Think this one is going to rot in the “forever unobtainable” pile.

Sad but I totally agree with you

• 4 weeks later...

I know this may be a bit of a stretch, but what if the trophies are bugged in a specific region? Serious Sam Collection is well known for having a bugged trophy specifically for people who bought it off the NA PSN store even though it's still the same and only trophy stack. The only 3 people who have earned any type of Jackpot Ending trophy have been from Japan and Taiwan, so there's a slim chance that it's a region specific issue idk. I'm just coping hard right now because I really wanna get this Platinum ?

fcc2c622b4cd13f6a6c6f68f5af8499ce4135212

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Flubberwunked said:

I know this may be a bit of a stretch, but what if the trophies are bugged in a specific region? Serious Sam Collection is well known for having a bugged trophy specifically for people who bought it off the NA PSN store even though it's still the same and only trophy stack. The only 3 people who have earned any type of Jackpot Ending trophy have been from Japan and Taiwan, so there's a slim chance that it's a region specific issue idk. I'm just coping hard right now because I really wanna get this Platinum 1f622.png

Not sure how that would work; even if they’re playing in a different region, they’re still playing off the same stack (so far as I know, Bum-Bo doesn’t have any other stacks.) Was Serious Sam the same? I suppose it’d theoretically be possible if for some reason a patch was released but only in one region, but doing so would make no logical sense.

8 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Not sure how that would work; even if they’re playing in a different region, they’re still playing off the same stack (so far as I know, Bum-Bo doesn’t have any other stacks.) Was Serious Sam the same? I suppose it’d theoretically be possible if for some reason a patch was released but only in one region, but doing so would make no logical sense.

This can still happen, and Serious Sam wouldn't be the first example, though probably the most recent in modernity.

A notorious case for this problem would be Tom Clancy's EndWar. Some trophies were bugged with the physical version, whereas some trophies were bugged with the physical copy. You couldn't platinum the game unless you played on both versions. Likely, @Flubberwunked's theory on it impacting only select regions is correct -- if there is no foul play from the players in Asia.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

This can still happen, and Serious Sam wouldn't be the first example, though probably the most recent in modernity.

A notorious case for this problem would be Tom Clancy's EndWar. Some trophies were bugged with the physical version, whereas some trophies were bugged with the physical copy. You couldn't platinum the game unless you played on both versions. Likely, @Flubberwunked's theory on it impacting only select regions is correct -- if there is no foul play from the players in Asia.

Fair enough… but if that was the case, I feel like there’d be more people with the trophies, or there’d be someone with any of them on the Xbox side (which so far as I can tell, has no achievers of any of the Jackpot-related awards.) I know we’re talking about a niche game in a specific market (even moreso if referencing the Xbox version, since nobody gives a damn about MS over there), but when one considers that you would likely earn at least the first Jackpot trophy/achievement in the midgame, and we’re on websites specifically targeting earning digital bling with a sizable userbase from that part of the world, it just feels like the numbers are off to me.

• 4 months later...
On 1/31/2023 at 11:31 AM, Flubberwunked said:

I know this may be a bit of a stretch, but what if the trophies are bugged in a specific region? Serious Sam Collection is well known for having a bugged trophy specifically for people who bought it off the NA PSN store even though it's still the same and only trophy stack. The only 3 people who have earned any type of Jackpot Ending trophy have been from Japan and Taiwan, so there's a slim chance that it's a region specific issue idk. I'm just coping hard right now because I really wanna get this Platinum 1f622.png

So, since the only two plat earners are from Japan/Taiwan, the game is prolly only functional in Asia? https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7039-audio-beats is like that, as it can only be 100%'d using the Chinese version of the game. 

Edited by ArmoredSnowman

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Trafadeiiim said:

Hey,

Just see the first jackpot trophy have 1.5% completion on the playstation trophy list.

His this cause there a way to unlock it or just luck?

So far as I’m aware, no; they’re still bugged (at least for the vast majority of players.) This applies to the Xbox version as well. At least as of last week, there have not been any patches, and Nicalis continues to ignore any questions or requests for information.