Sony cant be consistent at all

willows_blessing

5 hours ago, Viper said:

Slyde never did come to the NA store, but I did manage to snag 1000 Top Rated before it was delisted. But EZPZ's like that I only bought because it was the talk of the trophy hunting community at the time and curiosity took over. 

It got a trophy list even if it was taken out from the PSN?

2 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

It got a trophy list even if it was taken out from the PSN?

Yeah, if I remember correctly it wasn't delisted right away, it took a few days. So it was still plenty of time for anyone who had it already to get the Plat in it. 

Edited by Viper

7 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

I believe the shitfit that Jim Sterling threw about 1000 Top Rated helped with it being removed tbh.

He also was first to the Life Of Black Tiger and other shit that started appearing on the PS4.

It's a shame that these days he's too busy hating on pretty much all of gaming (and life in general) to notice how bad things are now. Should be renamed to "The Angry Jim Show"

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

He also was first to the Life Of Black Tiger and other shit that started appearing on the PS4.

It's a shame that these days he's too busy hating on pretty much all of gaming (and life in general) to notice how bad things are now. Should be renamed to "The Angry Jim Show"

That sounds too similar to Angry Joe, who unless some people have been living under a rock, is at least more tolerable to listen to than Jim fucking Sterling. 

Watch Jim’s older content and compare that to his modern content. It’s like watching two entirely different people. 

He is a clown who did what most anyone else would when offered a trunk full of money and mass amount of followers on social media. He sold out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

That sounds too similar to Angry Joe, who unless some people have been living under a rock, is at least more tolerable to listen to than Jim fucking Sterling. 

Watch Jim’s older content and compare that to his modern content. It’s like watching two entirely different people. 

He is a clown who did what most anyone else would when offered a trunk full of money and mass amount of followers on social media. He sold out.

That's the thing, Angry Joe isn't even all that angry, most of his content has him grinning from ear to ear pretty much all the time, he's a very smiley person and I think actually has to go out of his way to be Angry these days. And it's a group of people.

Jim, though unfortunately, is literally angry all the time. And also "ClickBait The Movie" and usually just piggy backing the controversy of the week, whether it's even connected to gaming or not.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

That's the thing, Angry Joe isn't even all that angry, most of his content has him grinning from ear to ear pretty much all the time, he's a very smiley person and I think actually has to go out of his way to be Angry these days. And it's a group of people.

Jim, though unfortunately, is literally angry all the time. And also "ClickBait The Movie" and usually just piggy backing the controversy of the week, whether it's even connected to gaming or not.

Angry Joe isn’t as involved with games as he used to be. Granted, he reviewed the new Madden NFL game and did a longer video with the new Saints Row, but he’s definitely not the same dude he was when he started. 

Don’t know what happened to Jim Sterling, but I can’t watch his content. Comes off as completely antagonistic and condescending. 

I used to love James Rolfe the Angry Video Nerd, but him like a lot of the other YouTubers who started during the old YouTube just doesn’t give the same appeal. He is still trying at 42 years old. Family man and a father, but the nerd we love is long gone.

3 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

I believe the shitfit that Jim Sterling threw about 1000 Top Rated helped with it being removed tbh.

You mean how it changed its title, and nothing else, and is still available to purchase or download to this day?

Wow, what an incredible impact this Jim Sterling fellow had…

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

You mean how it changed its title, and nothing else, and is still available to purchase or download to this day?

Wow, what an incredible impact this Jim Sterling fellow had…

1000 Top Rated and Slyde aren’t the same item on the store page they have different item codes, it would’ve flew under the radar but Jim decided to make a video about 1000 Top Rated way back when he made videos of all the trash games that made it onto the store.

Jim most definitely had an impact for visibility. Same with Life of Black Tiger and Skylight Freerange 2.

Same with Hotline Kavkaz and anything DigiHom did on PC.

Just now, totallycrushed said:

1000 Top Rated and Slyde aren’t the same item on the store page they have different item codes

If someone gets kicked out of a bar, then comes back in wearing a false moustache with a new name on their ID, that doesn't make them a different person...

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

If someone gets kicked out of a bar, then comes back in wearing a false moustache with a new name on their ID, that doesn't make them a different person...

Do you understand the situation with 1000 Top Rated at all? The gameplay wasn't the issue, the title was because it was manipulating the search function.

Also
1000 Top Rated: CUSA-07855
Slyde: CUSA-10814

2 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Do you understand the situation with 1000 Top Rated at all? The gameplay wasn't the issue, the title was because it was manipulating the search function.

Also
1000 Top Rated: CUSA-07855
Slyde: CUSA-10814

Yes I do.

And that is exactly the point.

The TITLE was the problem, and so the TITLE was what was changed.

The GAME was not.

I'm not sure why you are hung up on the Item codes?

European releases of games have different item codes from American releases in a lot of cases... it's still the same game though.

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

Yes I do.

And that is exactly the point.

The TITLE was the problem, and so the TITLE was what was changed.

The GAME was not.

I'm not sure why you are hung up on the Item codes?

European releases of games have different item codes from American releases in a lot of cases... it's still the same game though.

Does Slyde unlock the trophies for 1000 Top Rated? No.
They're different games when it comes to the item code on the store page (mind you separated by a lot of titles between) and trophy list. This is basic shit.

I don't give a fuck that they're the same game, I just gave some background why 1000 Top Rated is delisted.
You can take it or leave it.

3 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

Does Slyde unlock the trophies for 1000 Top Rated? No.
They're different games when it comes to the item code on the store page (mind you separated by a lot of titles between) and trophy list. This is basic shit.

I don't give a fuck that they're the same game, I just gave some background why 1000 Top Rated is delisted.
You can take it or leave it.

So.... this dude Jim Sterling did what exactly? 

Had one item code replaced with another?

Quite a feat...

All I said was "wow, what an incredible impact they had"...

...and I think my sarcasm is built on solid grounds. :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Z1MZUM said:

Gaming is now dominated by games for consumers.

It's the most profitable entertainment medium in the world. Granted there are plenty of hidden gems out there but I often find myself being turned away from modern AAA games, which in turn are developed by massive multi billion dollar companies whose publishers set the algorithms and formulas.

People are free to call me a weirdo hipster, but that's how I feel.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Edit function
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It's the most profitable entertainment medium in the world. Granted there are plenty of hidden gems out there but I often find myself being turned away from modern AAA games, which in turn are developed by massive multi billion dollar companies whose publishers set the algorithms and formulas.

People are free to call me a weirdo hipster, but that's how I feel.

It's unfortunate that many of these games are for beginners, Let's look at modern Call Of Duty.