Offline Mode - Superstar Progress

benoski55

This question has probably been answered a dozen times, so sorry if I'm asking via a new thread.

As you all know, servers are going down tomorrow. The only trophies left for me are 250 Gear items (At level 70 at the time of posting), Vortex Comet and all Superstar stars. Obviously, 250 gears will be unobtainable so I'm blitzing through it right now... but can the other two be unlocked offline? I know it says there's no progression for offline mode, but is that a little misleading if Superstar progress is saved?

The only trophies affected are the following:

ONRUSH

Off the GRID

#Crashtag

Geared Up

Formula 15

Tag Evolution

Dizzy Heights

All others will remain obtainable post-server closure. Once the servers close, the Plat will be completely 100% unobtainable if you don't have the online stuff done beforehand.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

6 minutes ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

You can definitely progress in the campaign, my internet went down for a day and the game still continued in offline mode and I did 3 events that were still completed when I logged on the next day

Medals included? Like Checkmate for instance.

The trophy guide is totally wrong, I knew that because when you play regular games things like leveling up happen.

I can't give a 100% guarantee, but I know the trophy guide is not entirely accurate.

Note: The plus of playing online is that you can get Xp faster.

Edited by SSerdarSS

14 minutes ago, SSerdarSS said:

The trophy guide is totally wrong, I knew that because when you play regular games things like leveling up happen.

I can't give a 100% guarantee, but I know the trophy guide is not entirely accurate.

Note: The plus of playing online is that you can get Xp faster.

It's not wrong.

The game literally warns you that no player progression is saved in Offline Mode.

Edited by benoski55

So do you need online for the following?

There was no other game that tired me as much as this game, I curse the day I bought it :S

1. Superstars
Superstar - Unlock 'Superstars'

2. Founder
Superstar - Win the Founders' Trophy

3. ENTER YOUR INITIALS
Superstar - Max out your Superstar Rating

Edit: 

I've tried disconnecting the internet now, at the beginning it says no progress will be made, but it's unclear how.

The GEAR section is currently closed when there is no internet.

My level is 86 and my level is visible, it is played offline with offline mode.

Edited by SSerdarSS

8 hours ago, SSerdarSS said:

So do you need online for the following?

There was no other game that tired me as much as this game, I curse the day I bought it :S

1. Superstars
Superstar - Unlock 'Superstars'

2. Founder
Superstar - Win the Founders' Trophy

3. ENTER YOUR INITIALS
Superstar - Max out your Superstar Rating

Edit: 

I've tried disconnecting the internet now, at the beginning it says no progress will be made, but it's unclear how.

The GEAR section is currently closed when there is no internet.

My level is 86 and my level is visible, it is played offline with offline mode.

The following are the only online trophies:

ONRUSH

Off the GRID

#Crashtag

Geared Up

Formula 15

Tag Evolution

Dizzy Heights

• Like 1

How many times it will be repeated in all topics...

43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The following are the only online trophies:

ONRUSH

Off the GRID

#Crashtag

Geared Up

Formula 15

Tag Evolution

Dizzy Heights

P.S. Servers are still alive and even MP is full of people, lol.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/10/2022 at 0:25 PM, BlaizeV said:

Would it seriously kill them to just patch offline xp into the game? Seems so lazy and anti consumer to just outright make single player objectives unobtainable.

Tell me about it. I've been playing for a couple of days now and there is no good reason why levelling up, crashtags and gear need to have an online connection. All of those things should be achieveable offline like they would in virtually any other game that has levelling, accolades and cosmetics.

This will be one of those games where the plat is made unobtainable for entirely preventable reasons. Much like Mad Max.

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Because once the servers close, no new players will be able to get it.

Yes and No. The trophy itself is still obtainable after the server shut down, assuming that the player in question already got all online trophies. So there will most certainly be new players getting the plat trophy after the servers shut down, only people who are new to the game itself wont be able to unlock the trophy.

2 minutes ago, Dekaku said:

Only people who are new to the game itself wont be able to unlock the trophy.

That's what I meant by "New players". Naturally if you start now, you can get the Plat-post server closure if you do all the online stuff before that happens but if you start after the servers close (which is what I'm trying to get at here) you can't get the Plat..

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.