Movie Night

Hey. 

Sadly, it's a well known problem right now, introduced with the PS5 update. It seems to happen everytime the Curator is analyzing your performance.

Only workaround is playing v1.00 on the disc/digital version.

I reached out to Supermassive on Twitter and they told me to contact Bandai Namcos customer support. 

https://service-en.bandainamcoent.eu/app/list/p/7814/THE DARK PICTURES

I'll wait for an update and post it. 

On 10/12/2022 at 8:08 AM, ARIXANDRE said:

Hey. 

Sadly, it's a well known problem right now, introduced with the PS5 update. It seems to happen everytime the Curator is analyzing your performance.

Only workaround is playing v1.00 on the disc/digital version.

I reached out to Supermassive on Twitter and they told me to contact Bandai Namcos customer support. 

https://service-en.bandainamcoent.eu/app/list/p/7814/THE DARK PICTURES

I'll wait for an update and post it. 

Still no update? 

23 hours ago, JoyfulRikky said:

Still no update? 

Sadly, no help from them.

I'm doing the PS4 version and my dear friend @bdias10 sent me this tutorial on how to download 1.00 version or digital games WITHOUT having to use all those weird PC apps and Proxy stuff.

It only works on PS4 but it's worth a read and should be discussed more often.

Hope it helps. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jadenofshadows said:

I've got in contact with their technical support as well. 

Let's just hope they fix it soon.

They just answered me:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. I am contacting you regarding your inquiry about TDP: MoM.

Before anything else, I'd like to say that I'm happy for your interest in the game! However, I'm saddened to hear that the game is always crashing at the same place and you can't continue further.

Many players have complained about this problem since the new patch and we have brought it to the attention of the developers. Currently they are aware of the problem, have found the cause and are in the process of releasing a patch to fix the issues.

Unfortunately, this problem could be a bit more difficult to fix and we are unable to give a time estimate until the patch has been released. We'll have our fingers crossed the developers manage to come  up with a solutions as soon as possible!

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and hope for your patience and understanding. On that note, have a great day and stay safe!"

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, elvisfan1 said:

Haha I've got the everybody dies playthrough to do then just the movie night left. Don't know if my OCD will allow me to move on to Little Hope before the patch is ready!

?? Yeah I am not comfortable plating these out of order one bit ? be nice to chalk it off mate ? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2022 at 4:34 PM, MarcusPunisher said:

Is there any work around when playing the physical version on 1.00 version?

turn off the internet connection on your ps4/ps5 console and re-install game, you won't have any problem finishing the movie night.

just make sure to back up your save files if you still need the collectible trophies.

On 11/23/2022 at 9:03 PM, henricuz said:

turn off the internet connection on your ps4/ps5 console and re-install game, you won't have any problem finishing the movie night.

just make sure to back up your save files if you still need the collectible trophies.

And that only works for the physical or can I do it for digital as well? 

Also, for any PS5 users, if you play a PS4 version of the game, it is also possible to downgrade the version of the game to a previous patch before v1.18 and avoid the movie night mode problems to get that trophy (or just play for fun on movie night mode).

It's a bit convoluted (it's the "weird pc app and proxy stuff" someone mentioned earlier), but I used this method to downgrade my digital PS4 version of the game to v1.16 and play on movie night mode on my PS5 without a problem: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/68912-how-to-get-comrades-trophies-after-update-127/

In step 11, for the path "To" field, I changed it to a Man of Medan-specific one obviously since the instructions were for a different game. I used this path since I am US-based: http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA13933_00/15/f_db9359bb5ef22bca98fe49fe475138224496e4b334921f4050961db0f2396196/f/UP0700-CUSA13933_00-SMGDARKPICTURESA-A0116-V0100.json

If you are from another region, you can go to this site:https://orbispatches.com/ Look up the PS4 game and patch you want to access for your region, and click it (patch 01.16 for example). On the button that says "download delta pkg," instead right-click it and copy the link address. The end of the link will have to be edited from something that ends in .pkg to something that ends in .json to work with the instructions above. For example, I had to change the end of the longer link FROM UP0700-CUSA13933_00-SMGDARKPICTURESA-A0116-V0100-DP.pkg TO UP0700-CUSA13933_00-SMGDARKPICTURESA-A0116-V0100.json.

Hope that helps any other PS5 users who are too impatient to wait for the devs to (hopefully!) patch it at some point!

On 30/11/2022 at 1:28 AM, amd8675309 said:

Also, for any PS5 users, if you play a PS4 version of the game, it is also possible to downgrade the version of the game to a previous patch before v1.18 and avoid the movie night mode problems to get that trophy (or just play for fun on movie night mode).

It's a bit convoluted (it's the "weird pc app and proxy stuff" someone mentioned earlier), but I used this method to downgrade my digital PS4 version of the game to v1.16 and play on movie night mode on my PS5 without a problem: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/68912-how-to-get-comrades-trophies-after-update-127/

In step 11, for the path "To" field, I changed it to a Man of Medan-specific one obviously since the instructions were for a different game. I used this path since I am US-based: http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA13933_00/15/f_db9359bb5ef22bca98fe49fe475138224496e4b334921f4050961db0f2396196/f/UP0700-CUSA13933_00-SMGDARKPICTURESA-A0116-V0100.json

If you are from another region, you can go to this site:https://orbispatches.com/ Look up the PS4 game and patch you want to access for your region, and click it (patch 01.16 for example). On the button that says "download delta pkg," instead right-click it and copy the link address. The end of the link will have to be edited from something that ends in .pkg to something that ends in .json to work with the instructions above. For example, I had to change the end of the longer link FROM UP0700-CUSA13933_00-SMGDARKPICTURESA-A0116-V0100-DP.pkg TO UP0700-CUSA13933_00-SMGDARKPICTURESA-A0116-V0100.json.

Hope that helps any other PS5 users who are too impatient to wait for the devs to (hopefully!) patch it at some point!

It's impossible do the method for digital game no?

EDIT: This link for digital versions to v1.00. It works!! :) 

Edited by Danine92

8 hours ago, Danine92 said:

It's impossible do the method for digital game no?

EDIT: This link for digital versions to v1.00. It works!! :) 

I did it on the digital game, actually, I got it on PS Plus!

I didn't try the link you posted bc the OP was really emphatic that method wouldn't work on PS5, but I didn't try it, so I can't say if that's true. Did it work for you on PS5? Would be good to know for other games for future reference.

PS4 games (including PS4 games installed on PS5) first download a 1.00 version and only then download patches, which makes it possible to trick the console into not downloading the patch at all, or downloading an older patch (use a proxy and provide a different link). Note that all files need to be digitally signed with a correct signature, which is why you can't just download and install anything you'd like.

PS5 games download the latest version immediately, i.e. already with all patches installed. It's most likely just to save a lot of money on transferring files. Sony also changed and encrypted their APIs, so it's not clear if/how we could modify its responses to try to install an older version - maybe it's possible, maybe it's not, all we know is that there isn't a public method available.

I can confirm that movie night has been patched. I just finished my fresh from start to finish playthrough in movie night mode and got the trophy for it.

Some collectibles weren’t registered but I hope I can fix that with another playthrough.

Edited by scoreaddict
  • Like 1