How hard was the Founders tournament for you?

kanzenchaos

1 hour ago, SegaJAM said:

Popped the platinum yesterday. Founders' Trophy was a breeze, in my opinion. I recorded my gameplay knocking out every stage of the tournament, so check it out if you think it might help!

Thanks! Just did it by the power of rage lol

1 hour ago, a3069namebke said:

It took me several tries. Remember, you can always pause and restart the race if you are about to lose (or don't meet a target), so you don't have to restart the whole tournament

This is what saved me lol, no way I'd be able to retry everything in one go without losing my sanity over this.

Now all I need is the comet and checkmate trophies. Hopefully they will be easy. Not counting geared up because it's basically just a matter of time.

The founder tournament was easy enough, as long as you restart if you’re looking like you’re going to lose. I’d hate to have to restart for losing the last event. Certainly it wasn’t harder than earlier tournaments- just longer.

Now a few of the challenges in the last section can just burn in hell. Specifically the 3 crushing/air takedowns and the 12 titan takedowns. So much luck involved, and then the requirement to win the event. I got the air takedowns on my second try, but then my team of AI took the rest of the match off. Took 2 more days and dozens of retries to finally succeed. Highly recommended to do these with a boots buddy before the server goes down. I did it the hard way solo, but especially titan would be a breeze with a 2nd player.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Now a few of the challenges in the last section can just burn in hell. Specifically the 3 crushing/air takedowns and the 12 titan takedowns. So much luck involved, and then the requirement to win the event. I got the air takedowns on my second try, but then my team of AI took the rest of the match off. Took 2 more days and dozens of retries to finally succeed. Highly recommended to do these with a boots buddy before the server goes down. I did it the hard way solo, but especially titan would be a breeze with a 2nd player.

Didn't have a problem with the 12 takedowns, but damn,  the 3 air takedowns were a painnnnnnn.

26 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Didn't have a problem with the 12 takedowns, but damn,  the 3 air takedowns were a painnnnnnn.

My experience was in reverse. The 12 takedowns were a pain but the in air/crushing takedowns were easy.

The in air/crushing takedowns are made easy if you stay closely behind the enemies, let them drive in front at all times. Then when you’re nearing a jump, boost/rush forward and crush the bastards underneath you. Don’t forget to win the race or else you’ll have to redo it again like I did ? But with this method I did it second time in a row.

The 12 takedowns took a lot of tries, I think the Enforcer or Titan worked best for me. Unfortunately Titan is slower but it’s certainly a tough vehicle. If you’re not getting a bunch of takedowns right at the beginning then restart because you can get 3-4 right off the bat. Be aggressive af and if you have to destroy your own car to do a takedown, do it.

These are both co-op challenges just FYI, so grab a friend and it’ll be a ton easier. My game somehow broke so I couldn’t join/invite anyone from the get go so they’re both also doable solo.

As for the Founders Trophy, I didn’t have any issues with it. Just abuse the restart feature as many have mentioned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Just be careful - if you admit to doing this, you'll be banned from the elite leaderboard 1f61c.png

I’ve been banned a long time ago ? Someone should start a thread about this, as long as you stay on topic you can anger them as much as you want.

Back on topic — badum tish — good luck OP!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was a decent challenge, but I didn't realize restarting only affected the current race. I could've sworn I did that once and had to redo the whole tournament. I ended up doing everything in one shot, either on my first or second attempt...

Overall, most of the difficulty is dependent on how competent your A.I. teammates decide to be. When they're awesome, you can win without trying. When they suck, you have to be nearly flawless.

I'd say the most important factors you can control are car selection and takedowns. I found the Dynamo class best for Countdown and Overdrive because its Rush ability (supplying allies with boost) can really help turn the tables in close matches. Titan is great for Lockdown. Excluding Switch, getting takedowns throughout the match has a greater effect than racing well and earning points for your own team, at least in my experience. The time opponents lose waiting to respawn is crucial in ensuring their defeat. And of course, you get boost restocks. 

It can be tricky at times but not too bad. My biggest tip is to not always used your Rush once you get it. Even for the mode you score points for boosting. You can keep it and notice when your team needs the point bump and save the day. Sometimes around almost half way to the score is a good time. I swear if I used it early on it would trigger the AI to use theirs right then or just after and they get a huge lead we can’t catch up to. Also for the mode where you capture zones - the bike with the fire trail rush ability was real helpful to clear AI away from it. Sometimes the AI is far ahead in this mode and they capture most or all the zone -I lost 6-0 this way once - so infuriating! Ended up doing almost the same to the AI after many takedowns 

I hate tournaments in this game. Or lets say the thing that you lose all your progress and need to start over.

Mainly because the ease of winning is heavingly depended on if your 5 man AI squad doesnt suck ass.

Well, luckily there is the option to abuse the restart function whenever you are in the danger zone. I just purely did it for a safe way to not restart all the way.

For me the air takedowns were very easy, but I do still need to get the 12 takedowns in the weekender, will see how hard it is :3

played through the founders tournament. wasn't as hard as i expected. some of the other tasks are harder than founders. 

blind with the ultimate 10 times took 4-5 tries. almost done with the stars have to grind out the levels and hopefully see checkmate pop up (should have the plat after that point).

restart option lowers the difficulty greatly.

Edited by Lordguwa