Trophy Spam Issue

MMDE

3 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Is there anyone who really likes the current exploitative nature of how this works?

But then again: Has @Sly Ripper shown any kind of interest in overhauling the leaderboards? If not then this is yet another fultile thread where we spin in cycles. Without Sly's involvement nothing can be done.

Visiting PSNP these days reminds me of the movie Groundhog Days. Or to quote a famous CoD player:

e4c88f5ff1b7a4f3f47e0y6fzn.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Only in the sense that you can get the same amount of calories from eating a gourmet meal, or eating a cold can of actual Spam.

They are only equivalent, if the only measurement you have for an experience is how much one specific value increased at the end of it.  

lol. I missed this post earlier.

Not sure what point you were trying to make here.

I'm pretty sure if you kept getting the same amount of calories from eating a gourmet meal, or eating a cold can of actual Spam that eventually you'd be suffering from malnutrition with only SPAM. So your explanation actually concludes that constantly choosing the Spam (like literally Spam lol, your words) is bad for you.

Not sure if this was your intention but yeah I agree with you. Great metaphor.

4 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Visiting PSNP these days reminds me of the movie Groundhog Days.

Visiting this site everyday is voluntary, unlike Phil Connors who was trying to escape.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

On Topic:

LOL. I resent that. How is what we were talking about, and what you mentioned "off topic" ? ;)

8 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If you can't get anything done about these games, then what is the point of this thread?

If you are unable to change things from the inside, what exactly do you expect the rest of us to do? 

Why create yet another thread impotently bemoaning them?

Well I think the mods are one step closer to Sly and as such if there's any remote chance of having changes done to the site, having a mod on our side to discuss this issue on our behalf, that's a good thing surely? And don't call me Shirley.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If you can't get anything done about these games, then what is the point of this thread?

If you are unable to change things from the inside, what exactly do you expect the rest of us to do? 

Why create yet another thread impotently bemoaning them?

With the amount of work these guys put in this website for free, they are the ones who deserve most to have a moan every now and then. I do not do jack shit for this community so choose to keep my mouth shut.

• Like 3

You know... are you guys sure you really want a change? Do you actually want something to be done about this situation? If you, why don't you tag the only person who can actually do something abut it? You know... the only person on this website with admin rights, @Sly Ripper. Maybe you're not aware of how the forum software works, but a user gets notified when being tagged in a post. If you truly want a change, bring it to Sly's attention. You know, this guy:

operamomentaufnahme_2nbesf.png

He – and only he – can change things here. Not the mods, not the guys from the Cheater Removal Team, not Barack Obama, Master Cheeks, Lara Croft, Angry Joe, James Blond, or Jesus. Only Sly can. And you have to make clear that you wish him to do it. Annoy him. Get on his nerves. Tag him in your posts.

Or do what I do and simply use a different site for your petty leaderboards needs.

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

For those who don't know, the "turbo" versions are basically just the normal version sped up. In these games you hold X for 4 mins and watch the trophies pop. In the "turbo" version the trophies pop in like 2 mins instead. For this, they charge you twice the price. ?

Yeah, and because of that, the Jumping Hot Dog stacks that got released today. There's 12 stacks of that particular food now. So that's 20 dollars for the whole collection of trophies now?

That game alone has become a budget priced game in its own right.

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

For those who has never seen this one before:

image.png

^ Sly's response.

This site is actively promoting these games to the users that buy them the most, if they existed on this site as usual but just failed to appear in the "New Trophy Lists" window then perhaps less people would buy them.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Are you serious?

There are as yet undiscovered tribes in the jungles of South America, who have never communicated with any outside element of modern culture...

...and even they probably know what the "Pulse of this Community" is with regards to these games ?

Everyone knows what the general consensus on these games is.

You cannot possibly need another thread to gauge it.

You have a mandate to act, if you see fit. 

The only question, is whether you have the authority, or the will. 

In regards to a possible solution, yes, serious.

12 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Are you serious?

There are as yet undiscovered tribes in the jungles of South America, who have never communicated with any outside element of modern culture...

...and even they probably know what the "Pulse of this Community" is with regards to these games 1f602.png

Everyone knows what the general consensus on these games is.

You cannot possibly need another thread to gauge it.

You have a mandate to act, if you see fit. 

The only question, is whether you have the authority, or the will.

Just as an aside: a sincere thank you from my part. I'm very glad that you use a lot of italics to emphasize at least five words in every post you make because I would really have a hard time discerning your tone of voice without that.

• Like 3

Just now, pinkrobot_pb said:

Just as an aside: a sincere thank you from my part. I'm very glad that you use a lot of italics to emphasize at least five words in every post you make because I would really have a hard time discerning your tone of voice without that.

You're welcome. ?

I find italics are good for emphasis, and help my point to be conveyed more effectively as a result. :dunno:

I also think making lists of spam games should not be supported.

Such as

https://psnprofiles.com/series/1046-fun

These games shouldn't be promoted, they should practically be hidden on the site, why is this site going to the effort of making them easily searchable?

This is giving these hack devs profit. I noticed that the Jumping series they don't have any banners anymore. I am presuming this process is not automatic, just curious why these "games" are being treated as genuine products. Make a "trash list" and then put all these games in there instead.

The only objective and democratic thing you could do in a new system is remove stacks. Every stack where trophies are the same. Autopop or not, region or rerelease, doesn’t matter. It’s not a judgmental decision. It’s something you could in theory enforce. This doesn’t solve the spam problem, but it’s making things a bit better, even if you have to give up legit second playthroughs.

Banning, removing game series, publishers, however… that’s a vile slippery slope and very much not in the spirit of anything good. Even if it’s about profit-hungry low effort games. I don’t think there exist a moral right to obscure any creation just because a competitive feeling is hurt somewhere. It just feels just as wrong as those exploitative games themselves.