Trophy Spam Issue

MMDE

18 minutes ago, Helyx said:

So, like PSN100?

Maybe...

https://psn100.net/leaderboard/main?country=no

?

Probably something like it though, but I'd keep all the trophies on your profile and all the trophy lists etc, just have a different point score for the leaderboard, where only one of easy stacks count. I just think all the stacking easy games are a big issue. When it comes to stacking harder or more time consuming games, I don't think it's an issue.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

AMEN we need to do something.  It's just a matter of time until some cry baby runs and get a lawyer and sues sony for an addictive trophy system claiming their entire life was ruined by jumping hotdog games made popular by sony's trophy system.  At which point, sony will be forced to shut it down ruining it for everyone.  Of course, this is just one of many scenarios that could happen that may lead to the end of trophies on account of this bs.  I go for option two eliminate it all from the leaderboards.  If we count one stack the companies will just sell more games enriching them further.

Got more chance of the Devs not making anymore of those games than Sly doing anything new. Before doing anything like that though i would prefer something was done about actual cheaters especially at the top of the leaderboard and especially the PS3 one. If nothing is going to be done about them then what's point in doing anything. It should not be as ridiculously easy as it is for someone to get on the leaderboard. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Got more chance of the Devs not making anymore of those games than Sly doing anything new. Before doing anything like that though i would prefer something was done about actual cheaters especially at the top of the leaderboard and especially the PS3 one. If nothing is going to be done about them then what's point in doing anything. It should not be as ridiculously easy as it is for someone to get on the leaderboard. 

I don't think it has as much to do with leaderboards at this point as it does just cleaning up our hobby and getting a  bit of dignity back into it.  also and most importantly doing away with an addictive product that is actually damaging people's lives.

Edit:  I'd also add it's just a matter of time and some sort of action is going to get taken on the issue of these spam games.  Whether it's Sony or the trophy sites.  I think we should nip it in the butt now to avoid an outcome we may not want later.  In the end who knows what could happen.  Sony is a multi billion dollar company they won't let this mockery of gaming continue forever!

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

I think everyone has realized the trophy spam issue has grown significantly the last couple of years. In the last half year it's just gotten too far IMO.

Now we got games like this:

The Jumping Food (NA/EU/JP/AS...)

The Jumping Food Nitro (NA/EU/JP/AS...)
The Jumping Food Halloween (NA/EU/JP/AS...)
The Jumping Food Halloween Nitro (NA/EU/JP/AS...)

^ Swap the food as many times as you want...

Yeah, that just doesn't work anymore. I got some ideas about how to approach this...

Invent something like PSNP Points ("PSNPP", lol), and have the leaderboards sorted that way. 

Count only one stack of high percentage games, like games with above 80% average rarity, counting only the stack with the lowest average rarity. If there are some stacks below 80% and some above, all below should count. Basically: all below, minimum the lowest average rarity.

This wouldn't completely solve all the "The Jumping Food" games, that would still leave you with 4 versions, and the devs will just keep pushing new food and new types etc... IMO, the asset swapping is just like the stacks, and I think they should count the same way as stacks. In other words, I'd want to see only a single The Jumping Food game to count on your rank for the leaderboards.

Lol 2022 was extreme, far more shovelware than those couple years together,  though it was slowly getting this pace around middle of 2021, i believe around 2 or 3 months after the end of Japan Studio.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Maybe...

https://psn100.net/leaderboard/main?country=no

1f602.png

Probably something like it though, but I'd keep all the trophies on your profile and all the trophy lists etc, just have a different point score for the leaderboard, where only one of easy stacks count. I just think all the stacking easy games are a big issue. When it comes to stacking harder or more time consuming games, I don't think it's an issue.

do not award points for game made by webnetidc /Game Achievements Ltd and all others
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ScooloV said:

Have you even checked that one out? All of the profiles on the first page I've checked are private.

Plus, there are even some flagged profiles on that first site. Pretty useless.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

I think everyone has realized the trophy spam issue has grown significantly the last couple of years. In the last half year it's just gotten too far IMO.

I'm not sure if this is Karma, or fate, or something else entirely.

But you definitely know when shit's going down when even the mods of this site are making topics about these "games".

Which I must say is a welcome sight. Welcome Mr MMDE :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ViensDanser said:

do not award points for game made by webnetidc /Game Achievements Ltd and all others

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, my other suggestion is just removing trophy spam apps. I don't mean easy or quick games, but stuff that is just made to sell trophies, and this you'd have to judge by the developers/publishers and their track record in some way. However, I'd looooove to see all the easy stacks go, it's just no good for the community. Some few companies exploiting addicts while just ruining it for everyone else.

5 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I'm not sure if this is Karma, or fate, or something else entirely.

But you definitely know when shit's going down when even the mods of this site are making topics about these "games".

Which I must say is a welcome sight. Welcome Mr MMDE :)

@BlindMango is also kind of an advocate against these kind of games and made numerous threads against this which all had polarising effects.

I mean most people (so mods too) agree that these "sell trophies apps" are just baaaaaad and just there to nickel and dime on the top addicts. 

• Like 1