The Challenges Can Be Ridiculous.

RuinousOne25

So this is something I just gotta vent out.  Trying to do all the Superstar challenges are absolutely annoying as hell in the later part of the game.  For most of em like getting enough takedowns or enemies effected by a car’s special, it feels like you can just BARELY make the quota depending on the game being Overdrive, Countdown, Lockdown, or Switch.  I’ve managed to complete almost all of em solo but the last one I’m trying to get (not the founders trophy) is a challenge in What The Truck.

You need to get 12 enemy takedowns in a Countdown game and no matter what method I try to think of, play aggressively as possible ignoring the time gates or try to hit the time gates while trying to knock enemies out, I usually run out of time not even close to 12, the highest I’ve so far gotten was 10.  This just feels like fake difficulty to me, and many of the previous ones I’ve accomplished qualify too but this takes the cake.

From what I can sum up it’s like this to me:

1.  You need to purposely win one round and have the opponent win the other (or vice versa) so you can be able to have enough time to take out enough enemies.

2.  Be able to smash the cars/motorcycles without having them get too far or too far back which happens too often to me because you have to use the Titan truck and a map that can be big and open in one area.

3.  Ya gotta win.  Even if you DO make the quota if you’re too far behind with the time and it’s the final round, you’re practically screwed and you’ll have attempt the challenge ALL OVER AGAIN.

So like ya gotta play perfect, but not too perfect, and once you get what ya need you have to play as perfectly as possible and hope you win.  I think I’m gonna ask for help with people who have this game just to get that out of way.  So yeah…

Help…?

• Like 2

Hi, I can understand you, I just did this challenge, after around 10 tries, and what is funny is when I finally reach the 12 takedowns I have lost the event, so it didn’t count ahaha But finally I did it with 16 takedowns.

My hints :

- if you don’t do 4 takedowns in the first 30 seconds it’s better restart the event

- when you notice zero ennemies next to you (mainly because you go to fast), it’s better brake until the game respawn you next to ennemies (personally I did it twice during the event)

- press triangle only when few ennemies in front of you, and not before a big jump, it’s the main key of this challenge I think

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I got 11/12, the enemy had 10 seconds left, and the timer rocketed down to 0...Pain ?

EDIT: Finally did it...after what felt like 50+ attempts (I kept restarting after the first ~20 seconds of the match if I didn't get 3-4 kills. Definitely the hardest challenge in the game by far....glad it's over.

Edited by TheRedMaverick

On 10/29/2022 at 10:47 PM, TheRedMaverick said:

I got 11/12, the enemy had 10 seconds left, and the timer rocketed down to 0...Pain 1f62d.png

EDIT: Finally did it...after what felt like 50+ attempts (I kept restarting after the first ~20 seconds of the match if I didn't get 3-4 kills. Definitely the hardest challenge in the game by far....glad it's over.

Hardest challenge in the game is Crimson Ride, that one you're talking about easily done in co-op, while Crimson Ride how the hell you'll get 4 barrel rolls, 3 air takedowns and WIN the damn match all in one !!! not even co-op will save you on that one.

2 hours ago, RuinousOne25 said:

With the challenges, you don’t have to accomplish them all at once.  It’s sometimes better to focus on one and then the other once you make the criteria.  Plus, you need to play the game a lot of you need to get the Geared Up trophy so…

Yes you're right because the barrel rolls got registered anyway despite that i couldn't finish the crushed midair, and then i got lucky and at the last second i got the 3rd midair takedown and the 6 - 5 win score, wow super lucky !!!

Just now, Great_MazingerZ said:

Yes you're right because the barrel rolls got registered anyway despite that i couldn't finish the crushed midair, and then i got lucky and at the last second i got the 3rd midair takedown and the 6 - 5 win score, wow super lucky !!!

Nice. Yeah this one I got like maybe my 2nd attempt. I found it was easy to get lucky with the air/crushing takedowns as long as you were actively hunting for them (plus you only need 3). 12 takedowns on the other hand is a ridiculous amount solo (but yeah luckily you can co-op it. I was tempted to but decided to keep trying solo and finally got it)

4 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Nice. Yeah this one I got like maybe my 2nd attempt. I found it was easy to get lucky with the air/crushing takedowns as long as you were actively hunting for them (plus you only need 3). 12 takedowns on the other hand is a ridiculous amount solo (but yeah luckily you can co-op it. I was tempted to but decided to keep trying solo and finally got it)

It is ridiculous solo no doubt the 12 takedowns but i did not try it solo at all because my buddies helped me out and we got it the first try as they say strength in numbers, now i got the platinum that 3 midair takedowns was the final thing for me and luckily i got it. good luck to everyone still isn't done before the shutdown.

Edited by Great_MazingerZ
  • Like 1

On 2022-10-18 at 0:39 AM, RuinousOne25 said:

So this is something I just gotta vent out.  Trying to do all the Superstar challenges are absolutely annoying as hell in the later part of the game.  For most of em like getting enough takedowns or enemies effected by a car’s special, it feels like you can just BARELY make the quota depending on the game being Overdrive, Countdown, Lockdown, or Switch.  I’ve managed to complete almost all of em solo but the last one I’m trying to get (not the founders trophy) is a challenge in What The Truck.

You need to get 12 enemy takedowns in a Countdown game and no matter what method I try to think of, play aggressively as possible ignoring the time gates or try to hit the time gates while trying to knock enemies out, I usually run out of time not even close to 12, the highest I’ve so far gotten was 10.  This just feels like fake difficulty to me, and many of the previous ones I’ve accomplished qualify too but this takes the cake.

From what I can sum up it’s like this to me:

1.  You need to purposely win one round and have the opponent win the other (or vice versa) so you can be able to have enough time to take out enough enemies.

2.  Be able to smash the cars/motorcycles without having them get too far or too far back which happens too often to me because you have to use the Titan truck and a map that can be big and open in one area.

3.  Ya gotta win.  Even if you DO make the quota if you’re too far behind with the time and it’s the final round, you’re practically screwed and you’ll have attempt the challenge ALL OVER AGAIN.

So like ya gotta play perfect, but not too perfect, and once you get what ya need you have to play as perfectly as possible and hope you win.  I think I’m gonna ask for help with people who have this game just to get that out of way.  So yeah…

Help…?

Loved them - fun challenges !!! ?

• 2 weeks later...

I’m currently having problems trying to finish “win by at least 3 rounds” in the “jump ship” weekender event in superstars. 
I’ve used both dynamo to help my teammates get more boost and outlaw to drain boost from the enemy team but there’s always 1 round which my team still loses. What should I do? Can it be done in a coop session?

On 18-11-2022 at 3:09 PM, samijon2004 said:

I’m currently having problems trying to finish “win by at least 3 rounds” in the “jump ship” weekender event in superstars. 
I’ve used both dynamo to help my teammates get more boost and outlaw to drain boost from the enemy team but there’s always 1 round which my team still loses. What should I do? Can it be done in a coop session?

I used the enforcer on that, because fodder fills up boost rapidly. 

got a bit lucky in the third round, close call but I made it. 
I’ve noticed you don’t need all challenges in one go, I go for one then replay the event for the next one.

I got the barrel roll first and got the airstrike in my second run of the event. It seems if you a long roll it counts as two. 

I just need that 9 zones and then the 12 takedown with the titan for the plat 

• Like 2

On 11/18/2022 at 8:09 AM, samijon2004 said:

You either need to get lucky or you need to personally keep your own 3 switches alive, so you need to play really well. I personally tried first going for a lot of takedowns but that didn't seem to help. Just pure racing and staying out in front as the lead car as much as possible seemed to be what did it for me. I played as Outlaw and only died once and won by 4 switches. It was definitely one of the few that required multiple attempts. Take breaks when you need to. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2022 at 4:12 AM, jungkoosaeys said:

I used the enforcer on that, because fodder fills up boost rapidly. 

got a bit lucky in the third round, close call but I made it. 
I’ve noticed you don’t need all challenges in one go, I go for one then replay the event for the next one.

I got the barrel roll first and got the airstrike in my second run of the event. It seems if you a long roll it counts as two. 

I just need that 9 zones and then the 12 takedown with the titan for the plat 

On 11/20/2022 at 5:00 AM, GunfighterHefty said:

You either need to get lucky or you need to personally keep your own 3 switches alive, so you need to play really well. I personally tried first going for a lot of takedowns but that didn't seem to help. Just pure racing and staying out in front as the lead car as much as possible seemed to be what did it for me. I played as Outlaw and only died once and won by 4 switches. It was definitely one of the few that required multiple attempts. Take breaks when you need to. 

Thanks y’all, I set up a session and was able to quickly get it. 

Managed to 1000G/Platinum this on Xbox One and PS4 and to my surprise, got that 12 takedown challenge done on my 1st full length try for both systems with no boosting required.

Maybe it's because you're not only playing as a heavy vehicle whilst your opponents are more lightweight, but the map itself seems beneficial for consistent takedowns whether it be hilly later on or you could score maybe 2-3 takedowns in seconds at the start when all your opponents are huddled together. And with your special as a heavy it's easier to score takedowns than other specials.

If I had to point the 1 mission I had most trouble with (Excluding tournaments), it would definitely be getting 3 Crushes whilst winning the zone, now that one did take numerous tries because even if you get the 3 Crush/air based takedowns which can feel so chance/position based, you'd still have to win the lockdown match when you're vehicle is more lightweight than the others and it's awful when they're so far ahead it'd take a miracle to win, thankfully I don't have to do it anymore