Trophy Thoughts?

ThePsychDr

winning the playlist seem the hardest trophy out of it all unless it can run with 2 people. then it's all luck if no one joins.

brings back memories of NFS the run. had to get lucky trying to finish the italian DLC.

Edited by Lordguwa
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, xXDer_KritikerXx said:

Hard is one thing, online stuff another thing. Most of the people online drive unfair as hell.They pushed you out if you are leading.That makes the online part a nightmare. If it is offline and hard i can live with it.

Then you need to drive unfair too. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Until the guide from powerpyx is online I will play it on a second account. I dont mind offline challenges like activities on 3 Stars im happy about it, but the online wins seems to risky for me at the moment if you dont know if it is easy boostable.

Might be waiting a bit, because no review copies so I'm only starting now with the early access version. 

I don't remember how Heat worked because I've not replayed it, but online they went with a lobby system like the Crew, and you can't just search playlist tiers to do races, you only do them against people in your lobby if they accept the race. This means that the 8-player trophy is annoying if people in the lobby won't actually accept races, and you can only do parties of 4 currently so you need other people in the lobby to actually join the races.

This does mean for the win trophies though you can race against only 1 other player, but I don't know yet whether that count if you just race against a friend in a party or it has to be a non-party player. If all the other players bail on the race you're in you still get to complete it for rewards and counts as a win, which is nice. 

You get a lot more money in Online than you do in Story (but your inventory and everything is separate) so as long as you're not wasting money and get everything else done I think all the online trophies are possible within the 25 playlists required for Mixtape

Edited by Gage

18 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

How many races is it per playlist though?

Three races per list, just a few minutes each one.

I banged out every playlist trophy in just a couple of hours so you don't have to spend too long in the online section. 

You can also win a playlist if your only competitor drops out so you could get lucky that way too.

Edited by Anke
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Anke said:

Three races per list, just a few minutes each one.

I banged out every playlist trophy in just a couple of hours so you don't have to spend too long in the online section. 

You can also win a playlist if your only competitor drops out so you could get lucky that way too.

Is it boostable though, i'm not looking forward to doing it with randoms

8 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Simply winning 25 Playlist events ain't some sort of insurmountable task it's not like you have to do em back to back flawlessly or anything crazy like damn what's wrong with yall 

Well not everyone is good at racing games. Online Trophies are always a pain thing when it comes to trophie hunting. Like I said before I dont mind offline challenges but against real players its always different and often unfair

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Simply winning 25 Playlist events ain't some sort of insurmountable task it's not like you have to do em back to back flawlessly or anything crazy like damn what's wrong with yall 

You only need to complete a total of 25 for that trophy. You need 5 total wins, once in each vehicle tier for the other trophies. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason-DFG said:

Is it boostable though, i'm not looking forward to doing it with randoms

I haven't tried it but you can create parties, but you might be mixed with randoms if they choose to enter your race, not quite sure. There are 16 people per lobby.

1 hour ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Well not everyone is good at racing games. Online Trophies are always a pain thing when it comes to trophie hunting. Like I said before I dont mind offline challenges but against real players its always different and often unfair

I will say that the AI is far far more unfair than the racers I've encountered. 

Everyone I raced was fair and raced well. 

• Like 1

The online is setup in a way that isn't very fun to try to do these trophies legit.  If you try to win races with loaner vehicles you will not beat anyone except people also using loaner vehicles.  It requires way too much money to properly set up cars for S/S+ tiers and you earn hardly anything from the races it feels like.  I feel like most of the time I have no chance against people who just have a flat out better car.. and if they wreck they get reset so fast that they'll just stay ahead or pass you immediately again.  The actual upgrades and cars you take in each tier of races also seems to matter heavily.. so this game definitely has a tier list, I just don't know what it is right now.

Doesn't help that people who have the palace edition have been grinding for upgrades for 3 days ahead of the standard release and are just trashing everyone with no effort in cars that are unbeatable with loaner vehicles.  Playing against people on PC seems futile as well.  Very frustrating online experience if you don't want to grind money by losing over and over just to finally get access to a car that lets you win without being good at racing.

Edited by Elegy

I got all the other online trophies done, only one I can’t do it full house. People always leave during the last race. Only manage to get a full race once every hour or two but that’s not even the hard bit. 

I’m even deliberately coming last to try and stop people rage quitting before the end but people always quit..

• Like 2