Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

10 hours ago, BatMandalorian7 said:

Would celeste technically be considered a 10/10?

In the description at "stage 3" the psnprofiles guide says 

"Wrong! These are really, really hard, earning this game a 10/10 Difficulty"

No, sorry. If it's not in the official difficulty rating it doesn't count, even if its someone randomly in the guide itself. 

@KingOfGold Good job on Toem! I'm putting together a second list right now of all "highly rated" games and having trouble with a highly rated 1/10. Would you say Toem is up there with say Oxenfree or Donut County? 

Also, just a heads up that Sekiro doesn't count for the Award Winner badge since it only has the blue EHQ badge. 

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:
  • Award Winner - Platinum a game with a trophy guide that won a PSNProfiles award
    • Any game with a trophy guide on PSNProfiles that won one of the annual Gold, Silver or Bronze Guide of the Year awards counts
      • The guide being a trophy guide vs a gameplay guide vs whatever other type of guide doesn't matter
    • Any guide not from PSNProfiles, regardless of what it won, cannot be used for this badge
    • You don't have to count it on your list as the rating given on the PSNProfiles guide. Same rules apply to these as all other games that any guide or community poll rating works. 
    • Here's a full list of qualifying games: 
  Hide contents

All PSNProfiles Guide of the Year Winners

2021 - 1st: Final Fantasy XIV (PS5 Version), 2nd: Hades, 3rd: Control

2020 - 1st: Trails of Cold Steel IV, 2nd: Demon's Souls Remake, 3rd: Divinity: Original Sin 2, I Am Bread, Persona 5 Royal, Last of Us Part II (Tie)

2019 - 1st: Crypt of the NecroDancer, 2nd: Persona 5 (Walkthrough), 3rd: Tokyo Xanadu

2018 - 1st: Monster Hunter World, 2nd: Final Fantasy IX, 3rd: Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

2017 - 1st: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, 2nd: Persona 5 (Trophy Guide), 3rd: The Witness

2016 - 1st: Trails of Cold Steel, 2nd: Fallout 4, 3rd: Transformers: Devastation

2015 - 1st: Dragon Age: Inquisition, 2nd: Bloodborne, 3rd: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

2014 - 1st: Gran Turismo 5, 2nd: Final Fantasy X HD, 3rd: Puppeteer

**When the 2022 winners are voted on and decided, I'll add them here.

27 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

No, sorry. If it's not in the official difficulty rating it doesn't count, even if its someone randomly in the guide itself. 

@KingOfGold Good job on Toem! I'm putting together a second list right now of all "highly rated" games and having trouble with a highly rated 1/10. Would you say Toem is up there with say Oxenfree or Donut County? 

Also, just a heads up that Sekiro doesn't count for the Award Winner badge since it only has the blue EHQ badge. 

@Rebourne07

Thanks :D I have never played these 1/10 games honestly, but maybe someone else could reply... But it could definitely be twice long if you don't use a guide to finish the quests (and very much more even if there are some clues in the game..., especially for two trophies). Btw, I have never been too much of an indie gamer but this game could make me change my mind ! 

Alright I edited the list, indeed I had this in mind after carefully reading the rules but didn't edit it. Thanks for the supervising part ! This will be in my second list for sure ! 

I had another question could we be eligible for the ("Complete the games in the right level order Badge") if we start a second list, and if we don't make it to the platinum tier on the first one ? And also basically, can we start a second list without going to the platinum tier on the first one ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KingOfGold said:

@Rebourne07

Thanks :D I have never played these 1/10 games honestly, but maybe someone else could reply... But it could definitely be twice long if you don't use a guide to finish the quests (and very much more even if there are some clues in the game..., especially for two trophies). Btw, I have never been too much of an indie gamer but this game could make me change my mind ! 

Alright I edited the list, indeed I had this in mind after carefully reading the rules but didn't edit it. Thanks for the supervising part ! This will be in my second list for sure ! 

I had another question could we be eligible for the ("Complete the games in the right level order Badge") if we start a second list, and if we don't make it to the platinum tier on the first one ? And also basically, can we start a second list without going to the platinum tier on the first one ?

Cool, you should check out Donut County, it's my favorite 1/10 game. So I'm deciding between Toem and Oxenfree at this point. Might just flip a quarter since both seem great haha

For multiple lists you can platinum anything in any order and apply games to any list you want so yeah working on multiple lists at the same time is good. As for the OCD badge, that one you gotta platinum all 10 games in a single list in order with nothing in between them. For that one the way I'll check is just go to your account, filter down to games you've earned platinum on and order by date. So I should see the 1-10 games back to back with nothing in between them. Hope that clarifies. 

Update: You can always play games from any list in any order but wait to pop plats for the 10 in your OCD list in the right order if you wanna go about it that way.

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 3

On 02/01/2023 at 8:44 PM, ch4rl1e5_jabs said:

I have decided that since it will be later in the year I probably won’t decide my 8,9 &10 games now but I hope to complete Crash Bandicoot 4.

As of 2/1/23:

1/10 - Suicide Guy - https://***/trophy-guides/ps4-guides/suicide-guy-trophy-guide/ 2705.png 

2/10 - Lego City Undercover -https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13210-lego-city-undercover-trophy-guide

3/10 - Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13221-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy-trophy-guide

4/10 - Grand Theft Auto V - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/14061-grand-theft-auto-v-trophy-guide

5/10 - Resident Evil 7 Biohazard - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/5653-resident-evil-7-biohazard-trophy-guide

6/10 - Ghostrunner - https://psnprofiles.com/guide/11898-ghostrunner-trophy-guide

7/10 - Resident Evil 8 Village - https://www.powerpyx.com/resident-evil-8-village-trophy-guide-roadmap/

Because this months PS Plus game is Jedi Fallen Order I want to change GOTG to Jedi Fallen Order but only if I can complete it before January ends ( I am trying to get the in order badge.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

As for the OCD badge, that one you gotta platinum all 10 games in a single list in order with nothing in between them. For that one the way I'll check is just go to your account, filter down to games you've earned platinum on and order by date. So I should see the 1-10 games back to back with nothing in between them. Hope that clarifies. 

Think I misunderstood the meaning of the OCD badge, I was thinking you just had to complete the list in order of difficulty and it didn't matter if you'd completed other games in between if you weren't using them for the challenge

2 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Cool, you should check out Donut County, it's my favorite 1/10 game. So I'm deciding between Toem and Oxenfree at this point. Might just flip a quarter since both seem great haha

For multiple lists you can platinum anything in any order and apply games to any list you want so yeah working on multiple lists at the same time is good. As for the OCD badge, that one you gotta platinum all 10 games in a single list in order with nothing in between them. For that one the way I'll check is just go to your account, filter down to games you've earned platinum on and order by date. So I should see the 1-10 games back to back with nothing in between them. Hope that clarifies. 

Update: You can always play games from any list in any order but wait to pop plats for the 10 in your OCD list in the right order if you wanna go about it that way.

Yes the trick would be to get to 95-99% in the other games of the second list in order to get the OCD... I will keep this in mind haha. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Think I misunderstood the meaning of the OCD badge, I was thinking you just had to complete the list in order of difficulty and it didn't matter if you'd completed other games in between if you weren't using them for the challenge

Sorry man this one's a little more strict.

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order

• The ten games on your list must have been platinumed in order with no out-of-order platinums or non-challenge-related platinums earned in between them
    • The only exception allowed here is if you do the same game twice in a row for an auto-pop
  • You can have any amount of progress on other games between the ten platinums, as long as the ten platinums are completed in order 1-10
  • Can only be earned on Platinum tier lists with all ten games completed

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Sorry man this one's a little more strict.

Thanks I should've double checked the clarification list, at least I know right at the start otherwise I would've definitely screwed it up a couple games in as I've decided to go for OCD on my first list

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

Thanks I should've double checked the clarification list, at least I know right at the start otherwise I would've definitely screwed it up a couple games in as I've decided to go for OCD on my first list

Thank you for checking early! Yeah, I'm afraid of some people getting upset over misunderstandings or misinterpretations of the rules. I've clarified as much as I can in the main post but also can't expect everyone to read the fine print on everything, guess we'll see what happens when those situations come up lol 

2 minutes ago, plimaz- said:

Another one done! I never want to see a puyo ever again.

Also made a few changes!

2705.png 1/10 Donut County (1/1/2023)

274c.png 2/10 Bugsnax

274c.png 3/10 - NieR Replicant

274c.png 4/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 2

274c.png 5/10 - Grand Theft Auto V

2705.png 6/10 - Judgement (3/1/2023)

274c.png 7/10 Batman: Arkham Asylum
274c.png 8/10 Yakuza 3

274c.png 9/10 Cuphead

274c.png 10/10 - Hollow Knight

Changes:

3/10Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age NieR Replicant

7/10: Crash Bandicoot → Batman: Arkham Asylum

Great job man :D

• Like 1

On the board now. I am shocked that Psychonauts 2 is just as good as the first one. Happy to see they pulled it off.

3. Psychonauts 2 :platinum:

4. Doom 4 (2016) PSTrophies community poll rounded down to 4

5. Doom 5 (Eternal) PSTrophies community poll average rounded up to 5

7. Doom

9. Doom 3

10. Doom 2

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

For multiple lists you can platinum anything in any order and apply games to any list you want so yeah working on multiple lists at the same time is good. As for the OCD badge, that one you gotta platinum all 10 games in a single list in order with nothing in between them. For that one the way I'll check is just go to your account, filter down to games you've earned platinum on and order by date. So I should see the 1-10 games back to back with nothing in between them. Hope that helps.

I hope i didn't screw up OCD already. I platinumed the first game on my first already and then I decided to auto-pop some DLC trophies from ESO, a game which I had already platinumed, but since the DLCs trophies were earned after my first game, it's going to show up in between the first and second. Even though the platinum was earned almost 2 years ago. There may be other cases where people earn DLC trophies for games they've already platinumed showing up in between their list games due to last earned trophy time stamps. You could always filter it through the Trophy Log section vy just selecting platinum though and comparing it that way. You might have to click the game banners though to make sure it's the correct game.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Holy_Nolly said:

I hope i didn't screw up OCD already. I platinumed the first game on my first already and then I decided to auto-pop some DLC trophies from ESO, a game which I had already platinumed, but since the DLCs trophies were earned after my first game, it's going to show up in between the first and second. Even though the platinum was earned almost 2 years ago. There may be other cases where people earn DLC trophies for games they've already platinumed showing up in between their list games due to last earned trophy time stamps. You could always filter it through the Trophy Log section vy just selecting platinum though and comparing it that way. You might have to click the game banners though to make sure it's the correct game.

Yeah that's fine :) That brings up a good point. Earning DLC trophies on previously platinumed games wont void OCD, just lemme know / remind me that's the case when completing the full list and you'll be good ? 

1 hour ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

On the board now. I am shocked that Psychonauts 2 is just as good as the first one. Happy to see they pulled it off.

3. Psychonauts 2 :platinum:

4. Doom 4 (2016) PSTrophies community poll rounded down to 4

5. Doom 5 (Eternal) PSTrophies community poll average rounded up to 5

7. Doom

9. Doom 3

10. Doom 2

An all Doom list lmao Love it. Good job on Psychonauts 2 as well :)

3 minutes ago, Skagarrin said:

OK first Plat in the books: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

I didn't use a guide on the first play-through (as I tend not to with these types of games) so managed to glitch the Palio race for Fast and Furious trophy

That meant I had to do a quick restart and re-do the horse races, while mopping up some of the misc trophies. 

A great game I should have got around to playing sooner and will definitely clear up the DLC when I have time.

1 - Life is Strange - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

2 - Until Dawn - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

3 - Assassin's Creed Valhalla - PS5 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

4 - Tomb Raider: Legend - PS3 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

5 - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Remaster - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

6 - Hades - PS5 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

7 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty] - Completed 04/01/2023 - 07:09

8 - Dark Souls Remastered - PS4 [PSNProfiles Guide Difficulty]

9 - Returnal - PS5 [PlatPrices]

10 - Diablo II: Resurrected - PS4 [PlatPrices]

That should also net me the Above and Beyond Badge:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours

Awesome! Good job man!! I've got this one on my 2nd list as well for this year. I'm long overdue to play it. 

• Like 2

04. Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland (PSNP)

10. Xeno Crisis (MetaGame)

@Rebourne07 Xeno Crisis wiki says: Xeno Crisis is a 2019 twin-stick shooter from independent developer Bitmap Bureau for the Mega Drive. Any chance that can count toward the old school badge? :) 

Anyway that´s rare letter badge and 2/7 for the hardcore badge atm. 

• Like 3

Alright don't have my full list yet but have ticked off 2 and 3 so far! Working on Yakuza Kiwami next which will be for #7.

❌1/10 - Oxenfree 

✅ 2/10 - Coffee Talk (1/1/23)

✅ 3/10 - Detroit: Become Human (3/3/23)

❌ 4/10 - 

❌ 5/10 - Civilization 6 

❌ 6/10 - 

❌ 7/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 0% --> 25%

❌ 8/10 - 

❌ 9/10 - 

❌ 10/10

Edited by L0sT_NZ_Kazekage
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Thank you for checking early! Yeah, I'm afraid of some people getting upset over misunderstandings or misinterpretations of the rules. I've clarified as much as I can in the main post but also can't expect everyone to read the fine print on everything, guess we'll see what happens when those situations come up lol 

I think I'll be the first to go on that. While I get what you are doing for the OCD badge, what this means is that I'm not allowed to participate in any other challenge for the entire year as anything else would void it; especially for people that are doing the holiday-themed badges. I think that's an unnecessary wrinkle for this to count. I think just having gone through a clear 1-10 through the year, regardless of what was earned in between, would be better.

• Like 1

After finishing aer and noticing the 1/10 difficulty according to Psnprofiles I re-evaluated my list. 

My updated list for the challenge:

1/10 Donut County 2705.png

2/10 What Remains of Edith Finch change from Aer - Memories of Old 

3/10 Final Fantasy 7 (not remake)

4/10 Control Ultimate Edition

5/10 Mirror's Edge Catalyst

6/10 Ghostrunner

7/10 Kena Bridge of Spirits

8/10 Unravel 2 

9/10 Trackmania Turbo

10/10 Super Meat Boy

• Like 1

So, here's my first update:

1/10 - Suicide Guy  - Completed on 03/01/2022

❌ 2/10 - Monopoly Madness

❌ 3/10 - Ape Escape

❌ 4/10 - Control

❌ 5/10 - Jak II

❌ 6/10 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2

❌ 7/10 - Ys Origin

❌ 8/10 - Final Fantasy IX

❌ 9/10 - Mirror's Edge

❌ 10/10 - Injustice: Gods Among Us

I'm giving up on OCD badge, as I've missunderstood the requirements. I don't feel like missing out other games due to this badge, although I was willing to commit to doing the list in difficulty order. Will try to go for the other badges still.

Also switched Bulletstorm with Jak II, which may allow me for the Repeat Offender badge, if I manage to go for the second list.

Intended badges:

Spoiler

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Final Fantasy IX

odWe7mC.pngAward Winner - Control

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Final Fantasy IX

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Mirror's Edge

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - Suicide Guy, Monopoly Madness, Ape Escape, Ys Origin, Final Fantasy IX, Jak II

9ecFreL.png Old School - Ape Escape, Jak II , Final Fantasy IX

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Suicide Guy, Monopoly Madness, Ape Escape, Control, Ys Origin, Final Fantasy IX, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Jak II

rusKixo.png Rare Genre - Monopoly Madness

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Ys Origin

Edited by MattbluePT
  • Like 3