Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

12 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@KingOfGold So the only real rewards are the fun along the way, your name in the challenge leaderboards and...if you're hardcore enough to get the most badges or the most unique badges then there's PSN cards, but really this is all about fun and bragging rights. Also, your list and badges look great. And yeah Fresh Starter requires platinums. I guess I didn't say the word platinum there but everything in this challenge requires platinums. And no more badges will be added this year but I do have a running list of badge ideas and at the end of this year I'll drop some of the lesser achieved badges and add some new ones. 

This sounds quite fair :D Maybe a ranking with the amount of badges collected could be cool ? (How much we get them, how much we collect etc...) I will probably leave the hardcore part to the most brave of you haha ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOfGold said:

This sounds quite fair :D Maybe a ranking with the amount of badges collected could be cool ? (How much we get them, how much we collect etc...) I will probably leave the hardcore part to the most brave of you haha ! 

There’s a badges leaderboard where it’ll show the current winners throughout the year and also the number of unique achievers of each badge type.

• Like 1

Looking to sign up with a tentative list so far.

1/10 - The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles

2/10 - Life is Strange: True Colors

3/10 - Injustice 2

4/10 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

5/10 - Mortal Kombat 11

6/10 - Hades

7/10 - Demon's Souls (PS5)

8/10 - Elden Ring

9/10 - Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

10/10 - Persona 4: Arena

• Like 2

First one down! Also made a small change:

✅ 1/10 Donut County (1/1/2023)

2/10 Bugsnax

3/10 - Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age

4/10 - Yakuza Kiwami 2

5/10 - Grand Theft Auto V

6/10 - Judgement

7/10 Crash Bandicoot
 8/10 - Yakuza 3

9/10 Cuphead

10/10 - Hollow Knight

Changes:

2/10: Return of the Obra Dinn → Bugsnax

Edited by plimaz-
  • Like 4

Going to have another go at this. I haven't actually sat down and come up with a plan for the year ahead, but we do have one in the books already.

8. Dragon Age: Inquisition :platinum:  1/1

I planned this one as my 8 for the 2022 edition, however as it's a monster-sized game and I went the "two playthroughs" route it ended up taking me over two months to get from Day 1 to the final boss on the Nightmare run, which ended up happening last Wednesday. As I'd already rage quit on my planned 7 (Yakuza Kiwami) thanks to a blue screen of doom wiping out eight hours of progress and never getting round to taking on a 10 at all, it seemed logical to hold off a couple of days and give myself a sneaky head start for 2023.

Not quite decided whether to shoot for badges or not, but if I get a coincidental one on the way (like Finally! for DA:I, platinum in 5 years 11 months) then that's a nice added bonus. We'll see how the next few months play out with that I think.

• Like 4

I've finished my first game on the list, that being Skyrim.

1-

2-

3-

4-

5- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

6-

7-

8-

9-

10-

It is a great game, but I absolutely disagree with the 5/10 rating the trophy guide suggests. I played on Adept (basically Normal) difficulty too and there's nothing stopping you from doing the whole thing on Novice difficulty. Personally I'd call it a 3/10, maybe 4/10 on Adept difficulty.

Next games I do are probably Ghostrunner as 6/10 and Worms WMD as my 7/10. We'll see though.

• Like 2

Rummaging around playstationtrophies.org I found two more 10/10 games that I haven't seen anyone add to their lists so I'll throw them up here and put them in the Resources tab of the main post just in case anyone's interested.

Mega Man 11

xBSE3FW.png

Red Dead Redemption 2

VSMWHaq.png

5 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Rummaging around playstationtrophies.org I found two more 10/10 games that I haven't seen anyone add to their lists so I'll throw them up here and put them in the Resources tab of the main post just in case anyone's interested.

Mega Man 11

xBSE3FW.png

Red Dead Redemption 2

VSMWHaq.png

Oh that’s good to know, I might change up my 10/10 to RDR2 

• Like 1

Le48522.png

Platinum #254: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion

Awesome game! Got this one's PS4 version to 91% a week or so ago then just been sitting on it waiting for January 1st ? Then I auto-popped the PS5 version as my 4/10 since that version qualifies for PS5 Master and Fresh Starter and of course Brownie Points. It'd also count for Shameless...but I only have 2 auto-poppable games on my list so I'll miss out on that one. Final Fantasy is my favorite series and this is one of the only FFs I'd never beaten before so I was stoked when the remaster was announced and came out. Love the battle system on this one and Zack is a great protagonist. I also wrote the trophy guide for it here on PSNProfiles so that'll earn me the Guide Writer badge ? Next up I'll juggle Ape Escape and Plague Tale ?

GAMES:

274e.png 1/10 - Life is Strange: True Colors

274e.png 2/10 - Ape Escape

274e.png 3/10 - A Plague Tale: Requiem

2705.png 4/10 - Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion

274e.png 5/10 - Onimusha HD

274e.png 6/10 - The Callisto Protocol

274e.png 7/10 - Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

274e.png 8/10 - Gran Turismo 7

274e.png 9/10 - Celeste

274e.png 10/10 - Hollow Knight

BADGES:

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - 274e.png

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - 2705.png

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - 274e.png

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 274e.png

GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer - 2705.png

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - 274e.png

JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - 274e.png

zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - 274e.png

9ecFreL.png Old School - 274e.png

JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - 274e.png

Adventure

sU2THm9.png PS5 Master - 274e.png

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - 274e.png

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

On 01/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Rules

Reveal hidden contents
  • The difficulty ratings can come from any trophy related website, but they cannot be your personal ratings. You must submit proof in the form of a link for each game's difficulty rating. 
  • Each platinum you want to count must have a timestamp within the year 2023. You can make any amount of progress you want to before then, but the platinum trophy must be unlocked in the year 2023.
  • If you are not eligible for PSNProfiles leaderboards, you cannot enter this competition. 
    • EIwRy6H.png Everyone must be able to see these on your profile for you to participate
  • You can join the challenge anytime and with any amount of progress already made. The challenge will be open throughout all of 2023.
  • Auto-pop platinums count. The goal of this event isn't to put a bunch of restrictions on everyone to make it as hardcore as possible. The goal is to have fun. If you wanna auto-pop Spider-Man Remastered for your 3/10, that's fine. 
  • You can platinum the games in any order.
  • Games without a platinum do not count, regardless of the difficulty rating of achieving 100%. 
  • No DLC or 100% required, only the platinum trophy.
  • Each difficulty level must be completed. You cannot substitute a higher level platinum in place of a lower level platinum. It's important to the challenge that you experience every level of difficulty 1-10.
  • When it comes to glitches or exploits...anything goes. If you want to use in game cheats on Hades, god mode on Control, the invincibility glitch on Hollow Knight, or you got Infallible on Fall Guys back when it was glitchable...then you can count those. Hacking or other cheating that can be determined through timestamps will of course be removed and not count and you are subject to being reported to PSNProfiles mods, but platinums earned through glitches and exploits will be counted.
  • Some websites differ in their difficulty ratings for the same game. For example, Resident Evil Village is listed as a 5/10 on PSNProfiles, but a 7/10 on PlatPrices. Using Resident Evil Village for either your 5 or 7 is acceptable, just not both. Like you cannot do the PS4 version as your 5 and the PS5 version as your 7. Each game needs to be unique.
    • Side Note: If you do more than one list in the same year, you can count both versions of the same game. They just have to be on different lists.
  • For community voted polls, either the average or the rating with the highest number of votes counts. If the site doesn't calculate the average for you, you can use this Vote Average Calculator I wrote to make it easier.
  • In regards to new releases, in order to use community voted poll ratings the poll has to have 10+ votes on it.
  • If you find a rating on a site that is X.1, X.5, X.X etc. then you can count it as either/or as long as it's X.1+. So, for example, say you find a game that is rated as 6.4/10, then you can count it as either your 6 or your 7. This will especially happen a lot on playstationtrophies.org with ultra difficult games since the community vote method ensures a game can be 9.X, but will almost certainly never be voted as a pure 10/10. In the case of a game that is 9.1+/10, you can count it as a 9 or a 10.
  • Please do not argue with others in the comments about their difficulty ratings. A moderator of the event can ask them for a link to prove their ratings, but if there's a link that shows the rating, please don't argue that the game is easier or harder than what they have listed.

If understand the rules correctly and old games don't need 10 votes to count, I may have found a game that works for 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

The game Flockers on the Playstationtrophies.org community poll has a median rating of 10 and a mean rating of 8.5, which covers 8-10. It also has a difficulty rating of 6.5/10 on metagame.guide which covers 6 and 7.

On PSNP it's only rated a 6 so it probably isn't very hard either.

Edited by disaster500

1 minute ago, disaster500 said:

If understand the rules correctly and old games don't need 10 votes to count, I may have found a game that works for 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

The game Flockers on the Playstationtrophies.org community poll has a median rating of 10 and a mean rating of 8.5, which covers 8-10. It also has a difficulty rating of 6.5/10 on metagame.guide which covers 6 and 7.

I had to re-read the rule to understand lol I see where the confusion comes from. The 10 votes thing applies to every game, even games that aren't new releases. At the time it was written, new releases were the games people were wondering about. I'll change the wording to avoid confusion, but yeah that Flockers game only has 5 votes so that community poll can't count. If it all of a sudden shot up to 10 votes I'd probably suspect foul play so for now I'd just say use the metagame.guide 6 or 7. Thank you for bringing this up.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 11:54 PM, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

Sounds fun

My list will most likely change but here's my idea right now, no idea about 1 but I'm sure I'll figure it out 

Edit: FOUND A 1/10 and it's a game I've almost 100% 

1/10- Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

2/10- Hellblade

3/10-Shadow of mordor

4/10-God of war (ps4)

5/10-Planet coaster

6/10-Diablo 3

7/10-Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

8/10-Pac-Man Championship Edition 2

9/10-Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

10/10-Injustice: Gods Among Us

Final update to my list. I decided to put the force unleashed since it will be my 100th platinum and I absolutely love this game. Replaced trackmania with Injustice. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2022 at 9:31 PM, jaehyun1009 said:

1 - Doki Doki Literature Club Plus (PSNProfiles)

2 - Zero Time Dilemma (PlaystationTrophies)

3 - Goat Simuator 3 (PSNProfiles)

4 - Ni No Kuni Remastered (PSNProfiles)

5 - Monster Hunter World Iceborne (PSNProfiles)

6 - Shovel Knight (PSNProfiles)

7 - Bloodborne (PSNProfiles)

8 - Rogue Legacy (PSNProfiles)

9 - The Evil Within (PSNProfiles)

10 - Atari Flashback Classics Vol. 2 (PSNProfiles)

DDLC+ complete. Collectibles were a bit annoying for a 1/10 but the extra story was enjoyable.

• Like 3

On 01/12/2022 at 2:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

(2nd Annual)

Premise

During the year 2023 you must earn one platinum trophy from every difficulty level 1-10. So you must earn a platinum from a 1/10 game, a 2/10 game, etc. all the up through a 10/10 game. 

*Upon first visiting this challenge, please take a moment to expand each of the hidden contents sections here in the main post at least once. There's a lot of good information and resources to help you enjoy the challenge and have an easier time planning, picking and finding games for your list!

Rules

Hide contents
  • The difficulty ratings can come from any trophy related website, but they cannot be your personal ratings. You must submit proof in the form of a link for each game's difficulty rating. 
  • Each platinum you want to count must have a timestamp within the year 2023. You can make any amount of progress you want to before then, but the platinum trophy must be unlocked in the year 2023.
  • If you are not eligible for PSNProfiles leaderboards, you cannot enter this competition. 
    • EIwRy6H.png Everyone must be able to see these on your profile for you to participate
  • You can join the challenge anytime and with any amount of progress already made. The challenge will be open throughout all of 2023.
  • Auto-pop platinums count. The goal of this event isn't to put a bunch of restrictions on everyone to make it as hardcore as possible. The goal is to have fun. If you wanna auto-pop Spider-Man Remastered for your 3/10, that's fine. 
  • You can platinum the games in any order.
  • Games without a platinum do not count, regardless of the difficulty rating of achieving 100%. 
  • No DLC or 100% required, only the platinum trophy.
  • Each difficulty level must be completed. You cannot substitute a higher level platinum in place of a lower level platinum. It's important to the challenge that you experience every level of difficulty 1-10.
  • When it comes to glitches or exploits...anything goes. If you want to use in game cheats on Hades, god mode on Control, the invincibility glitch on Hollow Knight, or you got Infallible on Fall Guys back when it was glitchable...then you can count those. Hacking or other cheating that can be determined through timestamps will of course be removed and not count and you are subject to being reported to PSNProfiles mods, but platinums earned through glitches and exploits will be counted.
  • Some websites differ in their difficulty ratings for the same game. For example, Resident Evil Village is listed as a 5/10 on PSNProfiles, but a 7/10 on PlatPrices. Using Resident Evil Village for either your 5 or 7 is acceptable, just not both. Like you cannot do the PS4 version as your 5 and the PS5 version as your 7. Each game needs to be unique.
    • Side Note: If you do more than one list in the same year, you can count both versions of the same game. They just have to be on different lists.
  • For community voted polls, either the average or the rating with the highest number of votes counts. If the site doesn't calculate the average for you, you can use this Vote Average Calculator I wrote to make it easier. In order to use community voted poll ratings the poll has to have 10+ votes on it.
  • If you find a rating on a site that is X.1, X.5, X.X etc. then you can count it as either/or as long as it's X.1+. So, for example, say you find a game that is rated as 6.4/10, then you can count it as either your 6 or your 7. This will especially happen a lot on playstationtrophies.org with ultra difficult games since the community vote method ensures a game can be 9.X, but will almost certainly never be voted as a pure 10/10. In the case of a game that is 9.1+/10, you can count it as a 9 or a 10.
  • Please do not argue with others in the comments about their difficulty ratings. A moderator of the event can ask them for a link to prove their ratings, but if there's a link that shows the rating, please don't argue that the game is easier or harder than what they have listed.

How to Join/Participate

Reveal hidden contents
  • To sign up for the event, just comment here! It's best to comment a list of games you want to go for. Do some research on difficulty ratings of games you want to play and look up a few 7/10, 8/10, 9/10 and 10/10 games to see if you want to commit to this challenge. It will not be easy. That said, even if you provide a list of games you want to do, you are never locked into those games. You can change any game, any time. Also, its perfectly ok to plan from the beginning to only go for a bronze, silver or gold tier. There's a world of difference between a 9/10 game and a 10/10 game so if you'd like to participate in the challenge but not stress over going all the way, that's ok!
  • As you platinum a unique game from each difficulty level, post it here to update us. You don't have to post every game if you want to skip posting about the lower difficulty games, but you are welcome to. If you've already posted a game from one difficulty rating, say a 5/10, then you platinum another 5/10 game...don't post the second one unless it applies to a separate list. One game per rating per list please.
  • When you complete a tier, please tag me in a comment and I will add your name to the leaderboards section!
  • When you have completed all 10 difficulty ratings of the challenge and your name is on the Platinum tier of the leaderboards, you can add this sweet challenge completion badge to your signature to show off your mad skills! Special thanks to @DrBloodmoney for designing the event badge!

IOC9pUr.jpeg

Sample List

Your list can be in whatever format you want. Please have links to your ratings somewhere in your posts, at least by the time you're reporting that they are complete. It's also good to have some indicator on there as to which ones are complete and which ones have still yet to be done like a green check or platinum symbol on completed ones. It's also good to lay out the badges you're going for since that'll help you keep your goals organized, give others good ideas on what games they can use to earn badges or possibly I or others can help spot a mistake if you've incorrectly judged the requirements for a badge. 

xO0tA3H.png

Resources

Reveal hidden contents

PSNP+

The PSNP+ Chrome Extension can be very helpful in helping you organize your list and see game difficulty ratings at a glance. The Game Lists function lets you put the games you want to do into their own lists so you can track progress better and provide screenshots of your progress with your updates if you want. The trophy guide tags feature lets you see info like difficulty rating, number of playthroughs required, time estimate etc. directly from your list.

Game Suggestions

It can be difficult to find games of certain ratings. If you are having trouble finding games for a particular rating, see some suggestions below. Finding a game rated 2-6 should be fairly easy, however, 1, 7, 8, 9 and especially 10 can be hard to find. These lists are purely suggestions and are by no means to be considered exhaustive or complete. You'll notice lots of overlap between the lists. It's pretty common to be able to find a game at a rating a little higher or lower than the PSNProfiles rating if you look around enough.

If you have any games you wish to recommend to others that are 1, 7, 8, 9 or 10 that are not already on one of these lists, please tag me in a comment or message me with the names of the games you want me to add here. Please provide links to guides or polls rating your suggested games.

1/10

7/10

8/10

9/10

10/10

In addition to the above curated lists, you can use these forums that are a bit out of date, but still have great information and all the ratings in them count:

Badges

To make things a little more interesting this year, there will be optional badges you can earn. These badges give you a way to distinguish your list from others or give yourself an additional challenge if you wish. A badge is awarded to a list, not a game. So a badge can only be earned once per list. Please note the number of games required for each list varies badge to badge. Badges will be posted next to your name on the leaderboards once you reach Bronze tier or higher. It's a good idea to include and track your badges on each update post you make. Badges are not required for completing the challenge. 

There will be two winners for the Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023 declared at the end of the year:

• The player with the most badges overall
  • The player with the most unique badges

The prize for each of these is a $25 USD PSN card and a personalized event completion badge to indicate that you won the challenge. Winning is more about the bragging rights and the fun of the challenge than the money. Special recognition will also be given to those that earn the rarest badges, whatever those end up being.

There are a total of 31 unique badges. However, since the FIRST! badge is only accessible to one person, getting every single badge is essentially earning 30 unique badges (or 31 for the person that earned FIRST!). This would require 4-5 lists minimum...so it's literally insane, probably the most difficult challenge on PSNProfiles. That said, if anyone actually manages to do it I'll send them an extra $50 USD PSN and commission them a custom signature badge. (Only one winner, first person to do it if multiple people go for it).

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours
  • odWe7mC.png Award Winner - Platinum a game with a trophy guide that won a PSNProfiles award
  • 8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy)
  • pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem - Platinum a game that’s a Playstation Plus Essential game the same month it’s added
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago
  • cIZUd7T.png FIRST! - First person to complete the challenge at Platinum tier
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023
  • GfmFq8n.png Guide Writer - You personally wrote the trophy guide for a game on your list
  • XYD6tMN.png Hardcore - 7 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list
  • JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre
  • JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - Platinum a Romance game in February
  • zWOwpTP.png Mad Skillz - Platinum a Fighting or Racing game rated 8/10 or higher
  • F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10
  • xnwSrVh.png Minesweeper - Complete a full list without earning any other badges
  • jb4IAS0.png Money Bags - 6 or more games on your list came out in 2023
  • 37roFKE.png Murica - Platinum a game set anywhere in the United States in July
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games
  • JIHoItq.png One Trick Pony - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre
  • pLe3117.png Overachiever - Complete platinum tier on a second list in the same year
  • Q5AKg6t.png PS3 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS3 games on your list
  • KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list
  • sU2THm9.png PS5 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS5 games on your list
  • rusKixo.png Rare Genre - Platinum a game in the 4x, Business, Pinball or RTS genres
  • F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z
  • Zv7zDYH.png Repeat Offender - Platinum 2 different versions of the same game on two different lists in the same year
  • 1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series
  • 2OAacet.png Shameless - Auto-pop 3 or more games on your list
  • KDlyQ16.png Spooky - Platinum a horror game in October
  • kHuhNg6.png Vita Master - Platinum 3 or more Vita games on your list
  • qrLgdXF.png VR Master - Platinum 3 or more VR games on your list

Badge Specific Rules

Reveal hidden contents
  • Please spell out clearly in your posts which badges you have earned. I may not realize you've earned a badge just from looking at your list.
  • You can earn as many on a single list as you can fit.
  • A platinum must apply to a list to earn a badge.
  • A game can count towards multiple badges at once.
  • You can earn the same badge twice if you complete more than one list, but you cannot earn the same badge twice on the same list.
  • You can complete as many lists as you are able.
  • You can change an already completed list as long as the swap you make results in you getting more or different badges.
  • A completed list is Bronze tier or higher; no badges will be given for anything less than Bronze tier.
  • In order to complete a second list, you must have finished your first list through to platinum tier. Same for third, fourth etc. Only your "final" list can be Gold or lower to count for stacking badges.
  • Badge criteria will not be changed after January 1st, 2023. 
  • The number of games required to complete each badge that specifies a number of games is not arbitrary, but purposeful.
    • All badges either require 1 game (easy), 3 games (medium), 6 games (hard) or 10 games (very hard)
      • The only exception is the Hardcore badge requiring 7. I wanted it to be 10, but many people pointed out that finding 1s, 2s and 3s that are Ultra Rare is very difficult.
  • If two or more people tie for first place in either winning category, the person that posted it first wins. 
  • There must be two unique winners. If one person is winning in both categories, the second place person will win the most unique badges category.
  • If you have any questions about how exactly to earn a badge, see the Clarifications section below. If you still have questions, tag me or message me. I'd hate to have someone dedicate time to earning a badge but not earn it in the end due to a misunderstanding with rules.

Future Badge Ideas

Reveal hidden contents

Some players have come up with some great badge ideas. These won't be implemented this year, but maybe next year. If you have an idea, tag me in a post and let me know.

• Ozv74oQ.png Alphabet Soup - All 10 of your games have titles in alphabetical order
  • ABs76sX.png Branching Out - Platinum a game on your list of a genre/theme you've never platinumed before
  • ifLTTVq.png DCO - Platinum all 10 games on your list in reverse order
  • PoKXZWi.png Fan Boy - Platinum a Sony 1st Party Exclusive
  • PnO0HP6.png Hipster - 3 or more games on your list are from the Indie genre
  • 9B7Zr0D.png Licensed - 3 or more games on your list are licensed games with characters originating from movies, comics, etc. 
  • BWdZkp1.png Loyalist - All 10 of your ratings come from PSNProfiles
  • o8XPwRJ.png Procrastinator - Platinum a game on your list in December
  • j4iWIDZ.png Simmer - 3 or more games on your list have 'Simulator' in the title
  • yYiYpM0.png Traitorous - 3 or more games on your list are developed/published by a company that's now owned by Xbox
  • nePxaKd.png Y tho? - Platinum a game rated 1 or 2 difficulty with an official time estimate of 50 or more hours

Badge Clarifications

Reveal hidden contents

Here you can find a list of rules and clarifications on exactly what it takes to earn each badge type. The rules are not in place to make things harder, only clearer. Clearer for participants to understand and clearer for me to easily tell if the requirements are met by looking at your list. Please ask me in a comment or message if you have further questions after reading these. If you bring up a point that isn't addressed here, I'll add your point so others can benefit from it.

• Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours
    • Time estimate is determined the same way difficulty is, via an official guide or the average of a community voted poll
    • If a time range is given, you can use the highest end of the given range
    • It doesn't actually matter how long it took you, only that the official estimate is 80+ hours
  • Award Winner - Platinum a game with a trophy guide that won a PSNProfiles award
    • Any game with a trophy guide on PSNProfiles that won one of the annual Gold, Silver or Bronze Guide of the Year awards counts
      • The guide being a trophy guide vs a gameplay guide vs whatever other type of guide doesn't matter
    • Any guide not from PSNProfiles, regardless of what it won, cannot be used for this badge
    • You don't have to count it on your list as the rating given on the PSNProfiles guide. Same rules apply to these as all other games that any guide or community poll rating works. 
    • Here's a full list of qualifying games: 
  Reveal hidden contents

All PSNProfiles Guide of the Year Winners

2021 - 1st: Final Fantasy XIV (PS5 Version), 2nd: Hades, 3rd: Control

2020 - 1st: Trails of Cold Steel IV, 2nd: Demon's Souls Remake, 3rd: Divinity: Original Sin 2, I Am Bread, Persona 5 Royal, Last of Us Part II (Tie)

2019 - 1st: Crypt of the NecroDancer, 2nd: Persona 5 (Walkthrough), 3rd: Tokyo Xanadu

2018 - 1st: Monster Hunter World, 2nd: Final Fantasy IX, 3rd: Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

2017 - 1st: Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, 2nd: Persona 5 (Trophy Guide), 3rd: The Witness

2016 - 1st: Trails of Cold Steel, 2nd: Fallout 4, 3rd: Transformers: Devastation

2015 - 1st: Dragon Age: Inquisition, 2nd: Bloodborne, 3rd: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

2014 - 1st: Gran Turismo 5, 2nd: Final Fantasy X HD, 3rd: Puppeteer

**When the 2022 winners are voted on and decided, I'll add them here.

• Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy)
  • Carpe Diem - Platinum a game that’s a Playstation Plus Essential game the same month it’s added
    • Any Playstation Plus Essential game counts
    • If a multi-game collection is given as a PS Plus Essential game, only one platinum from the collection is required
    • Even if you do not have Playstation Plus Essential, you can still buy a featured game and complete it in the same month to earn this badge
    • Must be platinumed in the month it is featured, not just during the time window it was on the service
      • For example: XYZ game is a March PS Plus Essential game, but isn't taken off the service until April 4th...the deadline is still March 31st
  • Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago
    • The time from your first timestamped trophy to the platinum trophy must be 3 years or longer
    • An example: iV7WJvo.png
    • If your account is less than 3 years old or your completion percentage is above 90% you can have this badge for free on your first list since it'd be impossible to obtain otherwise
  • FIRST! - First person to complete the challenge at platinum tier
    • The very first person to post all 10 games completed for the year 2023
    • This badge is only given to one person and cannot be earned by anyone else after that
  • Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023
    • Cannot have earned a single trophy on 6 or more games on your list prior to 2023
    • They can have been loaded on your profile at 0%, but none of the 6 can have any trophies timestamped before 2023
  • Guide Writer - You personally wrote the trophy guide for a game on your list
    • Can be a guide written on PSNProfiles or any other trophy site with a publication process...i.e. not a guide just posted into a forum somewhere
    • You don't have to be the sole writer. Even if you are listed as a contributor that counts.
  • Hardcore - 7 or more games on your list have Ultra Rare platinums at the time of finishing your list
    • This goes hand in hand with The Ultra Rare Cleanup challenge
    • Rarity will be checked for each platinum whenever you tag me to say you've earned the badge
    • The rarity must be the PSNProfiles rarity, not the PSN rarity
      • For example, this game would not count:
        • 4Ij0Xum.png eyohQy1.png
      • But this game would count:
        • mjXFwcT.png
  • Jack of All Trades - All 10 games on your list are from a different genre
    • This goes hand in hand with the Platinum Every Genre Challenge
    • Genre means genre or theme, they are interchangeable
    • To earn this badge, look at the genres/themes on each game on your list and "count" each game as a genre that's listed on each game's trophy page. As long as there are no overlapping genres among your 10, then your list counts. If a game has multiple genres (most do) you can "count" it as whatever works for your list.
      • Sample List: k0erkml.png
    • Can only be earned on Platinum tier lists with all ten games completed
  • Love Bird - Platinum a Romance game in February
    • Any game with the Romance theme counts 
    • The game must have the Romance theme listed on PSNProfiles or IGDB, it cannot be subjective
    • Timestamp of the platinum trophy must be within the month of February 2023, any amount of progress can be made beforehand
    • 2023 is not a leap year so the last day is February 28th
  • Mad Skillz - Platinum a Fighting or Racing game rated 8/10 or higher
    • The game must have a difficulty rating of an 8, 9 or 10 and belong to the Fighting genre or the Racing genre
    • The game must have the Fighting/Racing genre listed on PSNProfiles or IGDB, it cannot be subjective
  • Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10
    • Many games can be found as a 10/10 in one place, and lower in another place
    • To earn this badge you must platinum more than one game on your list that can be found as a 10/10 on the same list
    • The game that you do not count as a 10 needs to have an official rating of 9 or lower from somewhere as well
  • Minesweeper - Complete a full list without earning any other badges
    • In my opinion this will be the hardest and/or rarest badge
    • Must purposefully avoid earning any other badge (i.e. No more than 5 PS4 games, Your 8, 9 and 10 can't be racing or fighting games, Can't platinum your games in order, No more than 2 remakes/remasters, etc.)
    • If your completion percentage is above 90%, you do not have to avoid the Fresh Starter badge
    • To avoid the restriction of this not being possible on your second list due to the Overachiever badge, if you happen to want to complete this on your second list you can choose to earn this on your second list instead, but you'd need to do a third list to earn the Overachiever badge
    • Here's a full list of requirements:
  Reveal hidden contents
  • No game on your list can have an official time estimate of 80 or more hours
  • No game on your list has won a PSNProfiles award
  • No Final Fantasy games on your list
  • No Playstation Plus Essential games platinumed during the month they are added
  • No game on your list that you started 3 or more years ago
  • You cannot be the first person to complete the challenge in 2023
  • Must have 1%+ progress in 5 or more games on your list prior to 2023 (See exception above for completionist accounts)
  • You cannot be the trophy guide writer for any game on your list
  • No more than 6 of your games can be Ultra Rare PSNProfiles rarity
  • *Jack of All Trades is not considered*
  • No game on your list is both a Romance game and platinumed in February
  • Neither your 8, 9 or 10 can be a Fighting or Racing game
  • Only one game on your list can qualify as a 10/10 from any source
  • No more than 5 of your games released in 2023
  • No game on your list is both set in America (fully or partially) and platinumed in July
  • You cannot platinum the games in your list in order 1-10
  • No more than 2 games on your list can be remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games
  • No more than 5 of your games can have the same genre/theme
  • *Overachiever has an exception noted above*
  • No more than 5 of your games are on PS3
  • No more than 5 of your games are on PS4
  • No more than 5 of your games are on PS5
  • None of your games can belong to the 4x, Business, Pinball or RTS genres
  • None of your games can start with J, O, Q, X, Y or Z
  • You cannot have a different version of a game you've already completed on a different list
  • No more than 2 of your games can belong to the same series
  • No more than 2 of your games can be auto-pops, full or partial
  • No game on your list is both a Horror game and platinumed in October
  • No more than 2 of your games are on Vita
  • No more than 2 of your games are on VR
  • Money Bags - 6 or more games on your list came out in 2023
    • Games on your list must have a release date listed in 2023, example: OT9VLPP.png
    • The counted release date must be for the version you put on your list
  • Murica - Platinum a game set anywhere in the United States in July
    • This can be subjective, but as long as you can detail in a sentence how the game is either entirely set in America or you at least play a chunk of it in America, it counts
    • Timestamp of the platinum trophy must be within the month of July 2023, any amount of progress can be made beforehand
  • OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order
    • The ten games on your list must have been platinumed in order with no out-of-order platinums or non-challenge-related platinums earned in between them
      • The only exception allowed here is if you do the same game twice in a row for an auto-pop
    • You can have any amount of progress on other games between the ten platinums, as long as the ten platinums are completed in order 1-10
    • Can only be earned on Platinum tier lists with all ten games completed
  • Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games
  • One Trick Pony - 6 or more games on your list are from the same genre
    • Genre means genre or theme, they are interchangeable
    • Games often have several genres and themes listed, as long as 6 or more games on your list have the same genre or theme among them, it counts towards this badge
    • The genres or themes must be listed on the games on PSNProfiles or IGDB, it cannot be subjective
  • Overachiever - Complete Platinum tier on a second list in the same year
    • This is awarded once for completing 2 Platinum tier lists in the same year
    • This is not awarded for third or fourth etc. lists
  • PS3 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS3 games on your list
    • Any PS3 game counts, even if it's a remake or remaster of a previous gen game
    • You can use either a real PS3 or streaming via Playstation Plus Premium
    • If a game's trophy list is shared across multiple systems, you can count it as PS3 even if that's not the version you played
      • For example, if a game shares a list across PS3, PS4 and Vita. Even if you platinumed it on PS4, you can count it as a PS3 game for this badge. However, you cannot simultaneously count the same game towards multiple [System] Master badges.
      • DsLN5n2.pngCan't count towards all 3, gotta pick one
  • PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list
    • Any PS4 game counts, even if it's a remake or remaster of a previous gen game
    • If a game's trophy list is shared across multiple systems, you can count it as PS4 even if that's not the version you played
      • For example, a game shares a list across PS3, PS4 and Vita. Even if you platinumed it on PS3, you can count it as a PS4 game for this badge. However, you cannot simultaneously count the same game towards multiple [System] Master badges.
  • PS5 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS5 games on your list
    • Any PS5 game counts, even if it's a remake or remaster of a previous gen game
  • Rare Genre - Platinum a game in the 4x, Business, Pinball or RTS genres
    • This goes hand in hand with the Platinum Every Genre Challenge
    • The genres or themes must be listed on the games on PSNProfiles or IGDB, it cannot be subjective
  • Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z
    • This goes hand in hand with the A-Z Platinum Club challenge
    • All games that start with 'The' count as T games and do not count for this badge
  • Repeat Offender - Platinum 2 different versions of the same game on two different lists in the same year
    • The list with the second version must be Bronze tier or higher
    • A good example of doing this would be platinuming the PS4 version on your first list, then re-platinuming or auto-popping the PS5 version on your second list
  • Series Conqueror - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series
    • Games being in the same series is determined by being listed together on the Playstation Series page here on PSNProfiles, it cannot be subjective
  • Shameless - Auto-pop 3 or more games on your list
    • Any auto-pop counts
    • Partial auto-pop games count too, just point out that it's a partial autopop so I can check timestamps
    • If you are adamantly opposed to auto-pops on principle you can do the following instead:
      • 2 of your games must be platinumed in 5hrs or less and 1 other must be platinumed in 10hrs or less (either official time estimate or personal timestamps count)
  • Spooky - Platinum a horror game in October
    • Any game with the Horror theme counts 
    • The game must have the Horror theme listed on PSNProfiles or IGDB, it cannot be subjective
    • Timestamp of the platinum trophy must be within the month of October 2023, any amount of progress can be made beforehand
  • Vita Master - Platinum 3 or more Vita games on your list
    • Any Vita game counts, even if it's a remake or remaster of a previous gen game
    • If a game's trophy list is shared across multiple systems, you can count it as Vita even if that's not the version you played
      • For example, a game shares a list across PS3, PS4 and Vita. Even if you platinumed it on PS3/4, you can count it as a Vita game for this badge. However, you cannot simultaneously count the same game towards multiple [System] Master badges.
  • VR Master - Platinum 3 or more VR games on your list
    • Any VR game counts, even if it's a remake or remaster of a previous gen game
    • PSVR1 and PSVR2 games count
    • Games must be dedicated VR games, not just regular games with optional VR support
    • VR games are the exception to the rule that you cannot count the same game towards multiple [System] Master badges. A VR game can simultaneously count as both a VR game and a PS4/5 game.
      • CUMWyiW.pngCan count towards both

Challenge Leaderboards

The tiers for completing the Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023 are:

Profile / Username - Date Completed / Post Link - Hardest Game Completed (Rating) - Badges

Platinum ALL 10 difficulty ratings completed

Reveal hidden contents

No one has completed this tier yet.

Gold Any 9 difficulty ratings completed

Reveal hidden contents

Silver Any 8 difficulty ratings completed

Reveal hidden contents

Bronze Any 7 difficulty ratings completed

Reveal hidden contents

Badge Leaderboards

Reveal hidden contents
  • The player with the most badges overall - Current Winner: 
  • The player with the most unique badges - Current Winner: 

• Above and Beyond - 0 Achievers
  • Award Winner - 0 Achievers
  • Brownie Points - 0 Achievers
  • Carpe Diem - 0 Achievers
  • Finally! - 0 Achievers
  • FIRST! - 0 Achievers
  • Fresh Starter - 0 Achievers
  • Guide Writer - 0 Achievers
  • Hardcore - 0 Achievers
  • Jack of All Trades - 0 Achievers
  • Love Bird - 0 Achievers
  • Mad Skillz - 0 Achievers
  • Masochist - 0 Achievers
  • Minesweeper - 0 Achievers
  • Money Bags - 0 Achievers
  • Murica - 0 Achievers
  • OCD - 0 Achievers
  • Old School - 0 Achievers
  • One Trick Pony - 0 Achievers
  • Overachiever - 0 Achievers
  • PS3 Master - 0 Achievers
  • PS4 Master - 0 Achievers
  • PS5 Master - 0 Achievers
  • Rare Genre - 0 Achievers
  • Rare Letter - 0 Achievers
  • Repeat Offender - 0 Achievers
  • Series Conqueror - 0 Achievers
  • Shameless - 0 Achievers
  • Spooky - 0 Achievers
  • Vita Master - 0 Achievers
  • VR Master - 0 Achievers

This challenge has been modified, but the original idea credit goes to PlatinumBro.

Sure

1. the rex t (1/10 platprices.com)

2. xump jump (2/10 platprices.com)

3. god of war 2 (3/10 psnprofiles)

4.god of war ascension (4/10 psnprofile)

5. god of war hd (5/10 psnprofile)

6. ffvii remake (6.5/10 powerpyx)

7. ghost runner (7/10 pstrophies)

8.destiny 2 (7.5/10 powerpyx)

9.celeste (9/10 pstrophies)

10. goooooood question spent quite a while trying to find which one I wanted to try and do still haven't decided. Was going to do hollow knight but I have already done that one on my account, unless I can do it on my second spare account??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BatMandalorian7 said:

1. the rex t (1/10 platprices.com)

2. xump jump (2/10 platprices.com)

3. god of war 2 (3/10 psnprofiles)

4.god of war ascension (4/10 psnprofile)

5. god of war hd (5/10 psnprofile)

6. ffvii remake (6.5/10 powerpyx)

7. ghost runner (7/10 pstrophies)

8.destiny 2 (7.5/10 powerpyx)

9.celeste (9/10 pstrophies)

10. goooooood question spent quite a while trying to find which one I wanted to try and do still haven't decided. Was going to do hollow knight but I have already done that one on my account, unless I can do it on my second spare account??

Hey there welcome to the challenge! Sorry, everything has to be on the same account. So you could do all 10 on the spare account and enter that account into the challenge, but the games can't be spread across multiple accounts. If you're having trouble finding a 10/10, check out the Resources section of the main post for some ideas :)

Just now, Rebourne07 said:

Hey there welcome to the challenge! Sorry, everything has to be on the same account. So you could do all 10 on the spare account and enter that account into the challenge, but the games can't be spread across multiple accounts. If you're having trouble finding a 10/10, check out the Resources section of the main post for some ideas :)

makes sense and I figured as much, but appreciate the update! :) 

• Like 1