Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

On 12/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@MohandGamer7 OMG....you actually did Crypt. That is LEGENDARY! Good job man! And yeah, you also did Wolfenstein II which is a 9/10 per PowerPyx so you reached Platinum tier! Please look over the badges in the main post and let me know all the ones your list earned. I just have Masochist on there for now.

• Like 4

On 12/8/2023 at 12:29 PM, Rebourne07 said:

The option to swap out games for badges has been there since the beginning, but if I remember you're the first person to actually use it lol Good one though, the Money Bags badge is very rare. So rare in fact its been nerfed for next year's challenge. Good job! 

I may be the second person to use this option, but I need a clarification first. Can I count Akai Katana Shin as a 2023 game? The game came out in December 2022 in Japan and June 2023 worldwide. It's incredibly obvious I played the Japanese version since I got the platinum in February, but it is the same stack as the worldwide version. The release date section on PSNP doesn't have the correct release dates right now, but I just submitted an update to IGDB and you can see the June 2023 date on the Playstation store anyway.

If this is ok, I should be able to get to 28 unique badges by rearranging list 1, 2, and 4 once I complete Quake II in the next few days. I haven't figured out which permutation would get me the most badges yet, though. It's funny that I've played so many games this year yet can only find 6 from 2023 that work.

Edited by dertswa687o
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, dertswa687o said:

I may be the second person to use this option, but I need a clarification first. Can I count Akai Katana Shin as a 2023 game? The game came out in December 2022 in Japan and June 2023 worldwide. It's incredibly obvious I played the Japanese version since I got the platinum in February, but it is the same stack as the worldwide version. The release date section on PSNP doesn't have the correct release dates right now, but I just submitted an update to IGDB and you can see the June 2023 date on the Playstation store anyway.

If this is ok, I should be able to get to 28 unique badges by rearranging list 1, 2, and 4 once I complete Quake II in the next few days. I haven't figured out which permutation would get me the most badges yet, though. It's funny that I've played so many games this year yet can only find 6 from 2023 that work.

Yeah you can count that. Post the full list with any changes that need to be made once you complete Quake II and I'll update your badges.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, disaster500 said:

DOOM and DOOM 2 done, so I've finished my list. Almost had a clean sweep of Ultra Rares too, only missing 1/10 and 2/10.

1- Tales from the Borderlands (playstationtrophies)

2- Maneater (PSNP)

3- The Escapists 2 (PSNP) [UR]

4- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PSNP) [UR]

5- Oddworld: Soulstorm (PSNP) [UR]

6- The Escapists (PSNP) [UR]

7- Worms W.M.D (PSNP) [UR]

8- DOOM (PSNP) [UR]

9- Devil May Cry 5 (Griffins Gaming Guides) [UR]

10- DOOM 2 (PSNP) [UR]

Good job man!!! I’m super jealous of those Doom platinums. I’ll be out of town for a while so I’ll update leaderboards when I get back. 

@BigE1286 idk where the rating is for that, but your question is great and welcome. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

V1RFpVE.png

A Christmas miracle!
Challenge completed! (self-imposed and yet unnamed)
The nerve-racking Wolfenstein 2 Platinum has just been obtained and therefore the 10th Platinum trophy with a 10/10 difficulty rating in 2023.

☠️10/10 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

☠️10/10 Dreadnought

☠️10/10 Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow Of New Despair

☠️10/10 Earth Defense Force 2025

☠️10/10 Silent Hill 2

☠️10/10 The Evil Within

☠️10/10 Diablo 2: Resurrected

☠️10/10 Trackmania Turbo

☠️10/10 Trackmania 2020

☠️10/10 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Thank you @Rebourne07 for allowing me to be at your event even though I intentionally did everything wrong.

I still have a week left to play six more games to present a proper list.

Oh yeah, happy holidays.

OOOOMMMMGGGGG I can’t believe you actually did it. That’s absolutely incredible. Fantastic job man I’m seriously impressed. I’ll definitely be including this in the end of year hall of fame and I’ll update the leaderboards with your name and list on Thursday when I’m back at my PC. Congratulations and I’d say sit back and enjoy your holidays, you’ve earned it!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

V1RFpVE.png

A Christmas miracle!
Challenge completed! (self-imposed and yet unnamed)
The nerve-racking Wolfenstein 2 Platinum has just been obtained and therefore the 10th Platinum trophy with a 10/10 difficulty rating in 2023.

☠️10/10 Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

☠️10/10 Dreadnought

☠️10/10 Earth Defense Force 4.1 The Shadow Of New Despair

☠️10/10 Earth Defense Force 2025

☠️10/10 Silent Hill 2

☠️10/10 The Evil Within

☠️10/10 Diablo 2: Resurrected

☠️10/10 Trackmania Turbo

☠️10/10 Trackmania 2020

☠️10/10 Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Thank you @Rebourne07 for allowing me to be at your event even though I intentionally did everything wrong.

I still have a week left to play six more games to present a proper list.

Oh yeah, happy holidays.

Impressive job man! I only did half of the work with my lists this year! Was always a pleasure to read your progress :D

• Like 3

1. Pinball Heroes :platinum:

2. Sonic Frontiers :platinum:

3. Psychonauts 2 :platinum:

4. Monster Jam Steel Titans 2 :platinum:

5. GutWhale :platinum: (Platprices)

6. Mafia Definitive Edition :platinum:

7. Jak II :platinum: (Playstation Trophies trophy guide says "4/10 or 7/10" so I will leave this one up to you.)

Badges earned if Jak 2 is accepted at 7/10:

-Carpe Diem (Mafia)

-Old School (Pinball Heroes, Mafia, Jak II)

-PS4 Master

-Rare Genre (Pinball Heroes)

-Rare Letter (Jak 2)

Real life and Zelda coming out this year killed my time to get plats. I won't post in the 2024 thread unless I get close to Bronze tier cause I don't know what my free time will look like due to grad school.

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

Fresh Starter (I think. Forgot when I started Monster Jam)

If you look on your profile it shows you unlocked the :platinum: on 3rd April 2023 after 8 months. You unlocked the first trophy on 13th July 2022 so you cannot use it for Fresh Starter.

Since Mafia was also started in 2022 you cannot use that either. The other games have been started in 2023 so you can't get Fresh Starter with your current list :)

I admit i am laughing about Psynochauts 2's first trophy obtained at 1st January 2023 ~ 4 am (at least with my timezone setting) :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

If you look on your profile it shows you unlocked the :platinum: on 3rd April 2023 after 8 months. You unlocked the first trophy on 13th July 2022 so you cannot use it for Fresh Starter.

Since Mafia was also started in 2022 you cannot use that either. The other games have been started in 2023 so you can't get Fresh Starter with your current list :)

I admit i am laughing about Psynochauts 2's first trophy obtained at 1st January 2023 ~ 4 am (at least with my timezone setting) :D

Oops you're right about Mafia. Forgot I started it earlier. Removing that one.

• Like 1