Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

57 minutes ago, MattbluePT said:

Update time. It's been a while but I have some news. Completed Jak III (PS VITA), The Playroom VR and The Callisto Protocol, and decided to tidy up a bit my lists, changing the order as I think the list I had as list 3 was more probable to be completed.

Now my main focus should be to complete the first one, before the time runs out and I forget about it 😅

List 1:

Hide contents

1/10 - Suicide Guy  - Completed on 03/01/2023

2/10 - Monopoly Madness - Completed on 07/01/2023

3/10 - Ape Escape - Completed on 08/01/2023

4/10 - Human Fall Flat - Completed on 29/01/2023

5/10 - Jak II - Completed on 29/01/2023

6/10 - Mafia - Completed on 15/02/2023

7/10 - Ys Origin - Completed on 15/05/2023

8/10 - Final Fantasy IX - Completed on 20/05/2023

9/10 - FIFA 19 - Completed on 30/07/2023

10/10 - Hollow Knight

Badges completed:

7AptHd9.pngodWe7mC.png8atwz9Z.pngpTTpVe6.pngr4ItX2a.pngvivrpJz.png37roFKE.png9ecFreL.pngJIHoItq.pngKqPK6IM.pngrusKixo.pngF5VKYG6.png2OAacet.png

Intended badges:

Reveal hidden contents

JIlCrz1.png Jack of All Trades

PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order (This is now guaranteed as long as I complete the 10/10 game)

List 2:

1/10 - Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi - Completed on 13/02/2023

2/10 - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - Completed on 04/07/2023

3/10 - Ratchet: Deadlocked - Completed on 04/07/2023

4/10 - Ratchet & Clank

5/10 - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (3%)

6/10 - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Completed on 25/07/2023

7/10 - The Callisto Protocol - Completed on 30/10/2023

8/10 - Shadow of the Colossus (34%)

9/10 - The Witness

10/10 - Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (90%)

Badges:

Reveal hidden contents

pTTpVe6.png Carpe Diem - The Callisto Protocol 2705.png

JSFZuQf.png Love Bird - Hakuoki: Stories of the Shinsengumi 2705.png

r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 2705.png

37roFKE.png Murica - Tekken Tag Tournament 2 2705.png 

KDlyQ16.png Spooky - The Callisto Protocol 2705.png

List 3:

1/10 - Forma.8 (37%)

2/10 - Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV

3/10 - The Playroom VR - Completed on 26/08/2023

4/10 - Jak 3 (PS Vita) - Completed on 19/09/2023

5/10 - Jak II (PS Vita) - Completed on 01/06/2023

6/10 - FIFA 22 - Completed on 03/03/2023

7/10 - Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

8/10 - Bloodborne (3%)

9/10 - Celeste -  Completed on 21/05/2023

10/10 - PlayStation VR Worlds (60%)

Badges:

Reveal hidden contents

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Jak II 2705.png

Zv7zDYH.png Repeat Offender - Jak II 2705.png

Nice! You got this bro! Only 1 platinum left for your first list!

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 4:47 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@DazzaFett Congratulations on finishing the challenge! And 12 badges in a single list, including a lot of rare ones! I think you've inspired me to try Resident Evil Code Veronica sometime for one of my 10s. Looking over it, it looks difficult but my type of game :) Also, very ambitious with the two lists for the end of the year! You can either push to finish those this year, or get close to platinum but hold off until next year to pop them to make early progress on next year's event. Up to you! It's nuts how you're doing various regions of games like Vanquish and Demon's Souls. Smart strategy tbh cause I'm sure they get easier with each successive completion. Also, yes, your ratings for Asterix and Terminator are good. I hate when trophy guide writers change their ratings. And the Terminator one is still good actually. I had a discussion on here a while back about which rating counts, the trophy or the game rating on Metaguide and we decided together that any rating there counts. And yes, Stranger of Paradise counts for Brownie Points. Any FF that's part of the Project Platinum: Final Fantasy thread counts and there's 38 of them so lots of ways to earn that badge :)

Thanks for confirming everything.

Yes i highly recommend Resident Evil Code Veronica X - I never played this one back on the PS2 so i really enjoyed playing it now. Takes a bit getting used to the old Tank style controls tho but once you do it becomes second nature.

I have already completed 3 of the 4 stacks of Vanquish so only have the final JP stack left which i picked up a couple of weeks ago. Also your right in that my tactic of doing stacks shortly after each other is mainly due to efficiency as it saves you having to relearn the games mechanics and regain any muscle memory needed that you loose over time.

I have actually now earned 62 Platinums so far this year so i actually have many more partially completed lists with a lot of them being full of games in the 1-6 difficulties however games in the 7-10 difficulty region are what will restrict how many lists i would be able to complete which is why i am aiming for those last 2 lists.

I also have other 10/10 games lined up for next year with Trackmania Turbo, Wolfenstein 2 and Jump King all started and part of my Backlog so i will at least still have some 10/10 options for next year.

I know i can get the Platinum on the remaining games planned however time is the biggest enemy as there are some pretty long ones still left to do.

Edited by DazzaFett
  • Like 4

On 10/30/2023 at 5:10 PM, Inuty said:

Man to be honest i have a hard time to find 10/10 and also 1/10 difficulty games at this point i really want to play 😂 if i finish the last list, then i have done 5 years of this event in one. I guess i need to wait for newer games ;)

I was trying for the most badges but when you started a 5th list I decided to give up 😂 

The list of 9's and 10's I want to play is already small so I would struggle to do any lists next year if I do 5 now

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A quick question @Rebourne07 for the Above and Beyond badge (this year and next year). 

Are we able to use trophy criteria rather than a guide as confirmation that your game is over a certain amount of hours? I'm just playing Lichtspeer at the moment, and one of the trophies is: 

6PtDgfF.png

I actually can't find a trophy guide for the game, so does this count? :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finch_III said:

A quick question @Rebourne07 for the Above and Beyond badge (this year and next year). 

Are we able to use trophy criteria rather than a guide as confirmation that your game is over a certain amount of hours? I'm just playing Lichtspeer at the moment, and one of the trophies is: 

6PtDgfF.png

I actually can't find a trophy guide for the game, so does this count? :D 

Haha, that’s a heck of a trophy 😂 I’d say yeah you could use it. You’ll need to find a trophy guide (or write one and have it published) to use the game anyway and if the trophy guide you find doesn’t say 80/100hrs+ just remind me of that trophy and you’ll qualify for the badge :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Haha, that’s a heck of a trophy 😂 I’d say yeah you could use it. You’ll need to find a trophy guide (or write one and have it published) to use the game anyway and if the trophy guide you find doesn’t say 80/100hrs+ just remind me of that trophy and you’ll qualify for the badge :) 

Lichtspeer is on PlatPrices as a 10/10 game (although not a 'guide' per se), so assumed I would be good to use it? Unfortunately, it estimates 40-60 hours, which is obviously a bit dumb given that trophy alone requires 100 hours ha.  

Edited by Finch_III
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Finch_III said:

Lichtspeer is on PlatPrices as a 10/10 game (although not a 'guide' per se), so assumed I would be good to use it? Unfortunately, it estimates 40-60 hours, which is obviously a bit dumb given that trophy alone requires 100 hours ha.  

Ah ok Then yes you can use it as a 10/10 and for the Above and Beyond badge :)

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Mary_mon42 Congratulations on Platinum tier and finishing the challenge! Awesome job on 8 badges too! And yes, you can earn Jack of All Trades and One Trick Pony in the same list. I'm glad you joined and look forward to your updates next year!

On 12/1/2022 at 12:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

@Skagarrin Congratulations on Bronze tier on your second list and 8 more badges! Thanks for participating and being so involved. Y'all make running this challenge fun!

• Like 4

@Rebourne07 Man, believe it or not but i completely forgot about this years challenge? 🤣🙈

I actually can't believe it myself. I made a list, I earned some platinums this year while updating my "List" but i never went to the Forum and we're already in November. I'm gonna post my list in the next days and try to finish it. 🎮

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigE1286 said:

@Rebourne07 Man, believe it or not but i completely forgot about this years challenge? 🤣🙈

I actually can't believe it myself. I made a list, I earned some platinums this year while updating my "List" but i never went to the Forum and we're already in November. I'm gonna post my list in the next days and try to finish it. 🎮

Haha that's ok! Yeah post what you've got and even if you just finish Bronze tier that's still great :D 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

I don't think this record will ever be broken. 

Haha never say never. I think if someone is doing clever autopops for some harder games this will be doable. I tried to avoid that and played shorter games which were matching my missing numbers on my lists.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Inuty said:

Haha never say never. I think if someone is doing clever autopops for some harder games this will be doable. I tried to avoid that and played shorter games which were matching my missing numbers on my lists.

If someone prepares the platinums by skipping a trophy, they could platinum ten lists on January 1st.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, D-E-U-S-X said:

If someone prepares the platinums by skipping a trophy, they could platinum ten lists on January 1st.

Yeah that is correct. I think i have nearly done 1/3 of my first list of hardest games already prepared in the beginning of january. Or more likely after signing up i started cleaning up some of my games which were already nearly finished for some time to finally finish them off. It was more a Motivation for me.

• Like 3