Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

3 hours ago, Champion_Person said:

Report back if you get the trophy or not. I started & finished on 1.008 & it popped without issue.

I have just reached the last chapter, and I'm calling it a night.  I will try to get to the end boss tomorrow evening, and decide whether I want to finish it off.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Has anyone done the original glitch on a 1.00 version? PS4 or PS5? 

Thanks in advance. 

I didn't do the glitch on version 1.00 but I did play the first few chapters on it. I found it weird how in the end I had gotten every trophy except the first story related trophy. Thankfully all I had to do was replay the first chapter for it to pop.

3 hours ago, LordWikii said:

I didn't do the glitch on version 1.00 but I did play the first few chapters on it. I found it weird how in the end I had gotten every trophy except the first story related trophy. Thankfully all I had to do was replay the first chapter for it to pop.

Yeah, on PS4,  the first three story trophies didn't pop on 1.00. Also, for me, the "beating the game" and "Max Security" trophies also didn't pop, using the glitch. I reloaded my saves around 20 times. 

When I updated to 1.08, using the 1.00 saves, replaying the final cutscene popped both trophies and I had to replay the beginning for the other 3.

I'm not sure how bugged are the trophies overall on PS4, but the game plays awful on a base model. Gave me Cyberpunk 2077 PS4 vibes. 

22 hours ago, Champion_Person said:

Report back if you get the trophy or not. I started & finished on 1.008 & it popped without issue.

So I finished the game a few hours ago.  Trophy finally unlocked.  I am not 100% convinced that most of the things I did were necessary (like deleting all other save data), but I made certain there were no outside influences this time around.  I think all that may be required is start a brand new game on 1.008, and turn off the internet connection to make sure another update doesn't spoil anything.  

Now if I can remember how to get the PS4 version to see my PS5 save data to get the plat a second time - my last run was basically on PS4, but it was started on PS5 (I played up to the point where Elias gives you the shiv).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ziggurcat said:

So I finished the game a few hours ago.  Trophy finally unlocked.  I am not 100% convinced that most of the things I did were necessary (like deleting all other save data), but I made certain there were no outside influences this time around.  I think all that may be required is start a brand new game on 1.008, and turn off the internet connection to make sure another update doesn't spoil anything.  

Now if I can remember how to get the PS4 version to see my PS5 save data to get the plat a second time - my last run was basically on PS4, but it was started on PS5 (I played up to the point where Elias gives you the shiv).  

Congratulations, that to me is a third confirmation, I think deleting the save file is required based on some people saying doing Max Sec legit with 1.08 and trophy not popping, either way to be save people should do all those steps, maybe is a lucky charm ;)

16 hours ago, ckleckner78 said:

managed to get cloud saves on ps4 version but when i load them on ps4 version its stuck on black screen and will not load

Same.  I just tried loading my last Maximum run from the PS5 version to the PS4 version, and all I got was a black screen with the menu audio playing.  I did reload the game and tried a second time, and it worked.  If that doesn't work, I don't know what to suggest. 

55 minutes ago, dantes_61680 said:

Congratulations, that to me is a third confirmation, I think deleting the save file is required based on some people saying doing Max Sec legit with 1.08 and trophy not popping, either way to be save people should do all those steps, maybe is a lucky charm ;)

I think it just required a new game on 1.08/1.008.  I am still doubtful that deleting all other save data is required, but anything is possible.  I loaded a manual save into the PS4 version, which had previous data, and the trophy popped there as well when I got to the credits.  

I can at least say I am done with this game, now.  Two plats, one game.  On my birthday.    

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Congrats, @ziggurcat and thanks for the update.

I guess I'll try a second legit run on Maximum Security 1.08. 

Seriously try using @Optinooby's no damage max sec guide, it's what got me through the game on Max without it being too much of a headache.  If I am allowed to post links from another thread here, I can forward that to you.  It's really, truly helpful.  

Edited by ziggurcat
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

Can confirm as wel.l After the second playthrough on mac security (2.08), the trophy popped. 

9 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

I told you bro, nobody in this thread wanted to listen to me at first lol. & nothing is needed, I didn’t delete any saves, or play offline, just simply started a new game with the new update & it popped at the end. But glad you finally got it to pop.

2 hours ago, SanyaKadaster said:

Who has a black screen when downloading saves from the cloud to PS4. I started the game without an Internet connection, then turned the Internet back on in the game menu and the save was loaded in three cases out of three

This happened to me when I went to load my end game PS5 save file after I got the Max Security trophy to pop, but it worked after I closed the game, rebooted, and tried a second time.  

4 hours ago, Champion_Person said:

I told you bro, nobody in this thread wanted to listen to me at first lol. & nothing is needed, I didn’t delete any saves, or play offline, just simply started a new game with the new update & it popped at the end. But glad you finally got it to pop.

Well, I mean there's someone under you that has said they restarted on 1.08, and they did not get the trophy.  It is another example as to why I said that your experience may not be the same as others.  I don't think people were ignoring you, it's just that the devs keep proving they are better at breaking the game than they are at fixing the problems.  Had they just ignored the exploit, and let people do whatever they wanted to do in their offline, single player game, none of this would be happening.  I certainly wouldn't have had to play through the whole game a 3rd time to get one trophy that should have unlocked my last legit run through the game.  

All I can add right now is I am glad to be done with this game.

Edited by ziggurcat
formatting

Just done a clean maximum security run on the latest patch version (v1.08 I think), and trophy didn't pop for me, redid the last scene twice and rebooted, still no dice.

Don't like the idea of messing with save files to get it to pop so I'm guessing it's a maybe pop and just bugged in general going off this thread, i think I did my first clear on normal during the v1.06 patch and that popped with no issues.

2 hours ago, Mr_PaNtsONh3aD said:

Trying to get my head around all information in the thread now. So to clarify everything.

PlayStation 5 version

- Glitch works on 1.006?

- Glitch works on 1.008?

Is 1.008 easier/better than 1.006? Seen some ppl saying less monsters, better dodge and so on.

Glitch works on 1.006, some have gotten it to work on 1.007, but most haven't, and not sure about 1.008 - it is assumed that the exploit was "fixed" with 1.007.  Patch 1.008 has adjusted some of the enemy encounters.  End boss now only spawns two of the crawling, exploding enemies in each of the three times they spawn as opposed to four in each encounter.  That's the main difference I saw, apart from some lockers that no longer have one of those jumping critters inside.  There's also a few differences in the blind enemy encounters in chapter 6.

Edited by ziggurcat

20 minutes ago, Cyllyn said:

I beat it legit - thanks to Optinooby for the awesome guide - and it didn't pop for me. Seems like it's a coin flip, so good luck everyone!

Did you start and finish on the same patch or did it update for you par-way through? My first legit run through, I started on 1.07, then finished on 1.08 (PS4 version) and it did not unlock for me.  I did a second run through on the PS5 version, and disconnected from the internet to prevent any updates from installing, and it worked that time.  

I'm not going to judge anyone for trying to glitch the trophy. All the power to you if you want to. But IMO, this game is not hard on maximum security at all really. I'm up to chapter 5 (out of 8?) and have had minimal deaths. I feel like the best way to experience this game is on maximum unless you're truly just trying to rent it and return it as quick as possible. I'm having a blast with it from a horror perspective, but don't know if I would be as much if it were any easier. I think the latest patch might have made it even easier than it was at launch too. Don't be intimidated by this trophy if you want to try it legit. It's not as hard as dead space by any means. Plenty of checkpoints too. Truly feels like a "normal" mode in any other game in terms of deaths/restarts. Unless the later chapters ramp up heavily in difficulty, this is a pretty easy platinum. Powerpyx giving it like a 6/10 by doing maximum on first run is crazy to me - at least so far. If it holds up, I'd say no more than 3/10.

It couldn't hurt to delete your save file off the PS5 fully if you plan on starting a new run on maximum for plat. Why take the risk, you're starting over fresh basically anyway. Even if not necessary, just delete the save file and do it fresh.

Edited by ChibsSoA

On 19/12/2022 at 11:17 PM, ziggurcat said:

Glitch works on 1.006, some have gotten it to work on 1.007, but most haven't, and not sure about 1.008 - it is assumed that the exploit was "fixed" with 1.007.  Patch 1.008 has adjusted some of the enemy encounters.  End boss now only spawns two of the crawling, exploding enemies in each of the three times they spawn as opposed to four in each encounter.  That's the main difference I saw, apart from some lockers that no longer have one of those jumping critters inside.  There's also a few differences in the blind enemy encounters in chapter 6.

My install (digital is 1.006) so I will be trading the glitch for easier encounters if I patch than?

12 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

Did you start and finish on the same patch or did it update for you par-way through? My first legit run through, I started on 1.07, then finished on 1.08 (PS4 version) and it did not unlock for me.  I did a second run through on the PS5 version, and disconnected from the internet to prevent any updates from installing, and it worked that time.  

For the Max Security playthrough, I started and finished on 1.08. I removed all local saves before starting it as some people had said that would help. I didn't delete the cloud saves but we really shouldn't be having to jumping through these hoops to get the thing to unlock, so I'll just be waiting for a patch at this point. 

8 hours ago, Mr_PaNtsONh3aD said:

My install (digital is 1.006) so I will be trading the glitch for easier encounters if I patch than?

There's very little difference between 1.006 and 1.008 as far as enemies go.  Only a few spots where the placement is different or there's maybe one or two fewer enemies.  If you're on 1.006, then just do the exploit, and be done with the game ?

24 minutes ago, Cyllyn said:

For the Max Security playthrough, I started and finished on 1.08. I removed all local saves before starting it as some people had said that would help. I didn't delete the cloud saves but we really shouldn't be having to jumping through these hoops to get the thing to unlock, so I'll just be waiting for a patch at this point. 

I personally don't believe that having any previous save data affects anything, but stranger things have happened, and considering how they broke the game for people playing legit, I wouldn't put that kind of thing past them.   When I finally got the trophy to unlock, I had deleted all other save data until it only said "new experience" in the main menu, and I had disconnected from the internet only to prevent another update from installing mid-way through.  I also disabled the auto upload for both the PS4 and PS5 versions to prevent anything weird from happening.  Some of that was probably unnecessary, but I did it anyway just in case.  

They must be doing some funky things as far as trophy unlocking because in my initial run through the game, I tried the exploit (at the time I wasn't interested enough in the game to bother with a second playthrough), and I loaded my end game PS5 save into the PS4 version, and only the Grim Reaper trophy unlocked.  When I ran to the pod, and got to the credits, the beat the game on any difficulty trophy popped.  When I started a brand new game on Max after all attempts to get the exploit to work failed, I thought I would just play on PS5, and load the save data into the PS4 version any time I got to a point where I fulfilled a trophy requirement (like float like a butterfly, for example), but that didn't seem to work, so I decided to just switch entirely to the PS4 version from that point forward. 

I switched right after Elias gives you the shiv, but none of the story-related trophies up to that point unlocked, so when I finished the game I had two story trophies still locked.  That could have been why I didn't get the Max Security trophy that time even though I did the whole game legit, but that's speculation.  I had to start another new game just to get those first two trophies.  The proper way to have done it - given that they've allowed cross-platform save data to be used - would be to have the game recognize that if you've fulfilled the requirements, it should unlock any of those trophies right away, but they apparently didn't do it that way.