Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

Update:

Finished the game on PS4, Maximum Security, legitimately, using @Optinooby's max no damage guide, and the trophy did not pop.  Very annoyed.  I've done the game both trying the exploit, and doing it legit, and the trophy still hasn't been awarded.  

Things that might be valuable information: 

I actually started the run on PS5, but switched to PS4 at around part-way through Chapter 2 (Outbreak - just before the first enemy you face after the combat tutorial).  My original idea was to just play through on PS5, but switch to PS4 to unlock the trophies as I went along.  That didn't seem to work because I would fulfill a trophy (for example, getting the shiv from Elias is a trophy), switch to PS4, load the save file, and nothing would trigger.  I played the rest of the way through on PS4 because I thought it would feel more satisfying getting the trophies (not to mention no pointless switching back-and-forth). 

I started the run on 1.07/1.007, and update 1.08/1.008 installed just after I got to the final chapter.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ziggurcat said:

Update:

Finished the game on PS4, Maximum Security, legitimately, using @Optinooby's max no damage guide, and the trophy did not pop.  Very annoyed.  I've done the game both trying the exploit, and doing it legit, and the trophy still hasn't been awarded.  

Things that might be valuable information: 

I actually started the run on PS5, but switched to PS4 at around part-way through Chapter 2 (Outbreak - just before the first enemy you face after the combat tutorial).  My original idea was to just play through on PS5, but switch to PS4 to unlock the trophies as I went along.  That didn't seem to work because I would fulfill a trophy (for example, getting the shiv from Elias is a trophy), switch to PS4, load the save file, and nothing would trigger.  I played the rest of the way through on PS4 because I thought it would feel more satisfying getting the trophies (not to mention no pointless switching back-and-forth). 

I started the run on 1.07/1.007, and update 1.08/1.008 installed just after I got to the final chapter.  

Crazy how they fix a glitch, but add another ;(

At this point, if you cany be bothered to jump back in right now, may be more appealing to wait for the NG+ update. May be fixed by then and you can also pop any DLC trophies that may get added at the same time.

Deleting the whole game save from the system and starting blank on 1.08 may work. Cant be sure though, if you wait for NG+, could kill 2 birdies with 1 stone

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Crazy how they fix a glitch, but add another ;(

At this point, if you cany be bothered to jump back in right now, may be more appealing to wait for the NG+ update. May be fixed by then and you can also pop any DLC trophies that may get added at the same time.

Deleting the whole game save from the system and starting blank on 1.08 may work. Cant be sure though, if you wait for NG+, could kill 2 birdies with 1 stone

I really don't understand how they could break something that was functioning just fine before.  So what if there was an exploit, you taking advantage of it isn't affecting anyone else's game because there's no online component.  They attempted to fix a non-issue, and in doing so, broke the game for people who aren't interested in exploits. 

I might try deleting and re-installing both versions to see what would happen (my end game save files would be on 1.08).  Or try running to the end a few times since that sort of worked for a few people iirc.  If none of that works, then I guess I will just have to wait until they get off their butts and fix the issue.

Given the experience, I'm not sure if I would reward them with more of my money.  

Oh, and one more bit of information that MIGHT be useful:

I did try to see if loading my PS5 save file onto the PS4 version, and finishing the game trying to get the exploit did unlock both the Grim Reaper trophy, and then the trophy for finishing on any difficulty.  I'm not sure how that would affect the Maximum Security trophy, though, unless they tied it to something idiotic that locks it out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

I really don't understand how they could break something that was functioning just fine before.  So what if there was an exploit, you taking advantage of it isn't affecting anyone else's game because there's no online component.  They attempted to fix a non-issue, and in doing so, broke the game for people who aren't interested in exploits. 

I might try deleting and re-installing both versions to see what would happen (my end game save files would be on 1.08).  Or try running to the end a few times since that sort of worked for a few people iirc.  If none of that works, then I guess I will just have to wait until they get off their butts and fix the issue.

Given the experience, I'm not sure if I would reward them with more of my money.  

Oh, and one more bit of information that MIGHT be useful:

I did try to see if loading my PS5 save file onto the PS4 version, and finishing the game trying to get the exploit did unlock both the Grim Reaper trophy, and then the trophy for finishing on any difficulty.  I'm not sure how that would affect the Maximum Security trophy, though, unless they tied it to something idiotic that locks it out.

The sad thing is that we have to get used to this practice, its rare to find games now that run great out of the gate.

The NG+ update will be free apparently, and its also adding permadeath mode iirc, if you're not aware. I'd expect trophies around those, but guess we'll see

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

Just wanted to share but I was able to get the Maximum Security Trophy legit with Patch 1.07. Based on people reports I did the following based on trophy hunting experience and it worked.

1) Delete your save file from the PS5
2) Delete your game and reinstall
3) Once the game is install go offline with your ps5. The reason for doing this is the game somehow downloads your save from the cloud even if you deleted the save from the PS5. You want a fresh playthrough with no other save files.
4) Start the game on Maximum Security. I didn’t do any manual saves during my playthrough and just used continue everytime I played the game.
5) Once you beat the game hopefully the trophy will pop.

Anyway hope this help people. You can check my PSN profile at dantes_61680 and see that I was able to get the plat.

Edited by dantes_61680
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

I'm on the verge of finishing the PS4 version of the game on max today, and if the trophy pops, I will load up the save in the PS5 version, and see what I get.  

Please keep things posted because I was thinking about doing the same thing. Will download the PS4 version and give it a shot.

Edited by an-inFamous1337
Wrong word

3 hours ago, PSY-THUNDER said:

Is it possible to play game offline on disk version 1.0 and do glitch in one of described ways?

That seems the easiest and best solution.

Yes, I use it that way but no disk.

For people who don't have a physical copy (like me), you can download the 1.00 PS4 version from PS4 console using the full storage method. 
As I found. 
https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67810-guide-how-to-get-100-digital-games/?page=21

I got a 1.00 PS4 version transferred it to SSD, then played it on PS5.
Played the whole game(1.00) from start to end offline using the exploit method, and it popped!
Then I started the PS5 version(1.07), loaded the savefile that popped the trophy on the PS4 version, and YES it popped! 

For those who struggle for this trophy, Hope this can help.

Edited by FAMEgcon

11 hours ago, dantes_61680 said:

Just wanted to share but I was able to get the Maximum Security Trophy legit with Patch 1.07. Based on people reports I did the following based on trophy hunting experience and it worked.

1) Delete your save file from the PS5
2) Delete your game and reinstall
3) Once the game is install go offline with your ps5. The reason for doing this is the game somehow downloads your save from the cloud even if you deleted the save from the PS5. You want a fresh playthrough with no other save files.
4) Start the game on Maximum Security. I didn’t do any manual saves during my playthrough and just used continue everytime I played the game.
5) Once you beat the game hopefully the trophy will pop.

Anyway hope this help people. You can check my PSN profile at dantes_61680 and see that I was able to get the plat.

I think a big reason things aren't working well for people re-attempting all this is because nobody is actually fully wiping their save files off the PS5 before attemping like you are here, or maybe some did and the cloud thing is the issue like you say. I will be starting completely fresh off 1.08 (never had played it before yesterday) on max security and report back. Worst case scenario I should be able to uninstall game and remove update to 1.00 and then do the trick, or at the very worst delete save along with reinstalling game and refusing update and do a speedrun. Many say it freezes on them when they try to use a 1.07 save on 1.00 but one guy said he kept trying it and eventually it didn't freeze and it worked.

Something I found on reddit people can try if they're on disc version - " Start the game up with no patch. Reload the checkpoint once you are trying to escape to the pods. Make a manual save and change the difficulty. After the save. Quit the game install the patch load the manual save and it should work"

What's really annoying about this site sometimes is the selfishness. You see all these people popping the trophy past few days and barely anyone popping in to reveal how they did it. You know these people heard about this problem, no way they didn't...

Edited by ChibsSoA
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

I think a big reason things aren't working well for people re-attempting all this is because nobody is actually fully wiping their save files off the PS5 before attemping like you are here, or maybe some did and the cloud thing is the issue like you say. I will be starting completely fresh off 1.08 (never had played it before yesterday) on max security and report back. Worst case scenario I should be able to uninstall game and remove update to 1.00 and then do the trick, or at the very worst delete save along with reinstalling game and refusing update and do a speedrun. Many say it freezes on them when they try to use a 1.07 save on 1.00 but one guy said he kept trying it and eventually it didn't freeze and it worked.

What's really annoying about this site sometimes is the selfishness. You see all these people popping the trophy past few days and barely anyone popping in to reveal how they did it. You know these people heard about this problem, no way they didn't...

I don't think having any save data from a previous playthrough is affecting anything.  It creates a whole new save file when you start a new game, and it overwrites existing auto saves as you progress.  By the time you get to the second or third chapter of the game, no save data from any previous run through the game exists because it creates so many auto save points.  I had even deleted each game version, and re-installed.    

The problem is the devs tried to fix an exploit, and broke the game for legitimate players in the process.  

41 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

Something I found on reddit people can try if they're on disc version - " Start the game up with no patch. Reload the checkpoint once you are trying to escape to the pods. Make a manual save and change the difficulty. After the save. Quit the game install the patch load the manual save and it should work"

Yes I wish more people try the method, I'm not 100% sure what I did worked because of what I did but the more data the better to work around the bug

21 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

I don't think having any save data from a previous playthrough is affecting anything.  It creates a whole new save file when you start a new game, and it overwrites existing auto saves as you progress.  By the time you get to the second or third chapter of the game, no save data from any previous run through the game exists because it creates so many auto save points.  I had even deleted each game version, and re-installed.    

The problem is the devs tried to fix an exploit, and broke the game for legitimate players in the process.  

Not sure if I 100% agree, there multiple things, for example how the game tracks the trophy in the trophy cards on PS5. It was similar to Returnal during Launch, the trophy tracking cards was bad and there was a lot of bug trophies, so I played Returnal offline and had not issues popping the plat.

For me we don't know how the developer is tracking how the trophy pops so what I did was a classic PS3 days strategies where some games wouldn't  pop the hard trophy even if you overwrite the original save file. The difference is even if you delete the save file of your ps5 the game syncs to the cloud and gets the save. That's why I recommend deleting the file from the PS5 and playing the game offline.

Now what I'm saying could be totally wrong but that's why we need more data. Just saying if you are going to attempt the Max Sec run do it how I did it and see what happens. For me it worked

35 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

One person above said deleting local data + finding a way to overwrite cloud data allowed it to unlock for him legit using 1.07. Nobody else from what I've seen has gotten it to work legit on 1.07. The only difference there could be, if that were true, is that others thought they were fully wiping data but weren't actually getting rid of everything affecting it. Either there is system data affecting it (aka non-save file related) or the cloud is screwing with stuff. User didn't say anything about reverting patches the entire process they did, so if they're not lying then logically it would be either system data or cloud data related. The actual... I guess what people would normally call a "save file" that you can load up a checkpoint off of was never in question by me because plenty of users started brand new games and it didn't work. System data is usually baked into the "other" definition of a save file (aka what you can delete off the PS5 manually or upload to PS+) and has other things that go into that. For example, some games keep a hidden tracker of collectibles using system data so that even if you start a new file, those collectibles stay collected. This is not something you can delete in game unless there is a "wipe all data" function in settings (most games don't have this). So I wonder how many people were actually wiping the data off the PS5 home menu, and if that didn't work, how many people were going the extra step to overwrite the cloud - post 1.07 release.

I also just realized many of the recent unlocks could have just been people with disc versions cheesing it, so I take back what I said about selfish people lol

Edited by ChibsSoA

On 10.12.2022 at 9:05 PM, ScintillaWolf said:

Well that makes two of us, I've been looking for a solution and I can't find anything currently as I'm guessing not many people have actually attempted it on Maximum difficulty.

I've loved the game but they've made an absolute mess of it since release.

Edit: Yeah I think they've broken the trophy entirely. Just reading now three people on the Callisto forum on Reddit have also not had the trophy pop upon completing it on hard.

Can confirm. Played on maximin securitiy (1.07) and no teophy popped. Tried several ways (reboot, reinstall, auto-Save). Nothing. Even with 1.08 patch it doesn‘t work. The Devs have broken the trophy by fixing the eyploit.

Hopefully there will be a patch soon. Don‘t wanna play it again on max ;)

Instead of waisting all this time trying to get a glitch to work. Just play the game legit on max diff.

100% that ill pop the  ps4 trophy legit by wednesday! And im playing on 1.08.

I have plowing shift work this weekend so thats why by wednesday.

And sometimes when you try a glitch thats been fixed, can glitch the trophy other way around. That it does not unlock. Does not mean the devs messed it up when fixing. 

Happend with dont kill any humans trophy on prey for me.

Edited by DividedByMankind

Hey guys, I just wanted to inform you that the trophy popped for me when the credits started to roll.

I did a legit run on Maximum Security, on PS5 and I started the game with update 1.07 installed.

I finished the game today while the update 1.08 was already installed as the console was in rest mode.

Overall I enjoyed my time with the game, even though it's many problems. Also why would they even end the game on a cliffhanger? It's stupid to pay more money for the DLC, just give us the full game already!!!

1 hour ago, ChibsSoA said:

One person above said deleting local data + finding a way to overwrite cloud data allowed it to unlock for him legit using 1.07. Nobody else from what I've seen has gotten it to work legit on 1.07. The only difference there could be, if that were true, is that others thought they were fully wiping data but weren't actually getting rid of everything affecting it. Either there is system data affecting it (aka non-save file related) or the cloud is screwing with stuff. User didn't say anything about reverting patches the entire process they did, so if they're not lying then logically it would be either system data or cloud data related. The actual... I guess what people would normally call a "save file" that you can load up a checkpoint off of was never in question by me because plenty of users started brand new games and it didn't work. System data is usually baked into the "other" definition of a save file (aka what you can delete off the PS5 manually or upload to PS+) and has other things that go into that. For example, some games keep a hidden tracker of collectibles using system data so that even if you start a new file, those collectibles stay collected. This is not something you can delete in game unless there is a "wipe all data" function in settings (most games don't have this). So I wonder how many people were actually wiping the data off the PS5 home menu, and if that didn't work, how many people were going the extra step to overwrite the cloud - post 1.07 release.

I also just realized many of the recent unlocks could have just been people with disc versions cheesing it, so I take back what I said about selfish people lol

I have, at multiple points, either deleted the cloud save data/old save data and deleted/re-installed the game without success, so I don't believe that having a save file showing up in the load menu is affecting anything unless you specifically load any of that data.  I have even turned off the auto-upload save data in the PS5.  My legit run through was started on 1.07, and finished on 1.08 (which installed after I got to chapter 8).  

I will try disconnecting from the internet to see if that does anything, but it's doubtful.  I have a manual save right at the run to pods point that I can use to load after wiping everything else, and re-installing the game. 

I don't know if I have it in me to do another entirely new run through the game, so they better fix whatever is causing the problem.  

I got a trophy and a platinum (congratulations), but I had to go through the game again.

First, I deleted all the PS5 saves, second, I was offline for the whole time, because otherwise the game was loading saves from the cloud (where there were manual saves on medium difficulty), thirdly, I didn't make any manual saves, fourth, I got through the game in one go. Version 1.08.

It was easier because they simplified the gameplay with the patch. The protagonist now moves faster, switches weapons faster, the number of creeps has been reduced at some points, death animations are now skippable, etc. Too bad the cutscenes can't be skipped...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voxman90 said:

I got a trophy and a platinum (congratulations), but I had to go through the game again.

First, I deleted all the PS5 saves, second, I was offline for the whole time, because otherwise the game was loading saves from the cloud (where there were manual saves on medium difficulty), thirdly, I didn't make any manual saves, fourth, I got through the game in one go. Version 1.08.

It was easier because they simplified the gameplay with the patch. The protagonist now moves faster, switches weapons faster, the number of creeps has been reduced at some points, death animations are now skippable, etc. Too bad the cutscenes can't be skipped...

Looks to be a second confirmation that it is either PS5 system data related, or Krafton cloud server related?

Maybe they implemented a check on the system data that registered the playthrough as non-max security once it was started on non-max security, and when a new game is started on max security legitimately afterwards, that system data check isn't being overriden and it still is registering it as non-max security. Perhaps 1.08 fixed it going forward for fresh data once you delete your save fully from PS5 storage (NOT the game itself, the save data)

Has anyone deleted the entire save file (from ps5 storage, not from in-game) and tried a fresh playthrough on max security and had it NOT pop at the end? Also, anyone on PS4 version playing on PS5, can you see if your save data (on the PS5 itself, not in game) has multiple files tied to it? Reason I ask is because looking at my PS5 save data, all games seem to just have one file, whereas PS4 save data on games is split into multiple files (usually system data and then each auto/manual save)

It's important to clarify that when I talk about save data and cloud and whatnot that I am talking about the settings->saved game/app data on PS5 dashboard, and for cloud I am talking about in-game cloud (not ps+).

Edited by ChibsSoA

14 minutes ago, ChibsSoA said:

Also, anyone on PS4 version playing on PS5, can you see if your save data (on the PS5 itself, not in game) has multiple files tied to it? Reason I ask is because looking at my PS5 save data, all games seem to just have one file, whereas PS4 save data on games is split into multiple files (usually system data and then each auto/manual save)

It's important to clarify that when I talk about save data and cloud and whatnot that I am talking about the settings->saved game/app data on PS5 dashboard, and for cloud I am talking about in-game cloud (not ps+).

Yes.  I recall the PS5 data was one file, the PS4 data was split into 13 files (based on info when I manually uploaded my save data for each version to the PS+ cloud).  

It should also be noted that when I started a new game on Max, I had one manual save from my first run through the game, but it was created before the final boss fight, and wasn't a completed game.  I had deleted all auto and cloud saves from the Load Game menu prior to starting the new game.  I had even I did only play up until just after the first combat tutorial on PS5, and loaded that save file in the PS4 version (on PS5) because I wanted to enjoy unlocking the trophies again.  The Auto Upload for the PS5 version was disabled, so none of that data would have transferred over to the PS4 version.  Because of this, though, the first two story-related trophies were not unlocked because the game doesn't recognize that you've completed those requirements for some reason (kinda defeats the point of cross save).  Most of my PS4 run was done offline because the PS4 trophy list hadn't been populated to the server yet.   

Last resort is another run through the game on 1.08 (and hopefully they don't update in the next couple of days ?), but I really don't want to have to do that.  

Edited by ziggurcat

14 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Well that's silly.

Also pretty draconian to say, "You must play the game how we want you to play it, and don't find any alternate solutions to get through any of the enemies or boss fights."

Edited by ziggurcat

4 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

Well that's silly.

Also pretty draconian to say, "You must play the game how we want you to play it, and don't find any alternate solutions to get through any of the enemies or boss fights."

I'm in complete agreement with you its a single player game doing whatever we want with it's hurting no one besides it's broken so what was they expecting us to just sit and wait for a fix that may never come especially in these days of games remaining broken 

• Like 1

Seems that the save files are transferrable between PS4 and PS5 and vice versa. I downloaded the PS4 version and found continue I pressed on it and it took me to the final scene and I tried finishing the game alas the finish the game trophy was the only thing that popped and grim reaper as for the max difficulty still no joy. Trying another fresh start with the PS4 version. Once I am done with the game will provide an update over here.

6 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Instead of waisting all this time trying to get a glitch to work. Just play the game legit on max diff.

100% that ill pop the  ps4 trophy legit by wednesday! And im playing on 1.08.

I have plowing shift work this weekend so thats why by wednesday.

And sometimes when you try a glitch thats been fixed, can glitch the trophy other way around. That it does not unlock. Does not mean the devs messed it up when fixing. 

Happend with dont kill any humans trophy on prey for me.

My last run through the game was legit, on Max.  It is not 100% that it'll pop because there are people who have gone through the game without doing the exploit that still haven't gotten the trophy because the devs chased a non-issue, and broke the game.