Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

I started a Maximum Security run on 1.07, PS5.

I think people that are doing it legit but are not getting the trophy, might have started at 1.06 and then updated to 1.07, bugging the trophy. Like @TriplEEE13 reported.

I'm in chapter 7. I'll report when I finish.

Regardless of it getting bugged, I want to have those save files for when the problem is fixed. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

Glitch didn’t work for me. Started my game on 1.06 and then finished and tried the glitch on 1.07 with no luck. But I asked my buddy (who isn’t a trophy hunter) to test out the exploit. He had already beat the game on 1.06 on easy and attempted the glitch yesterday and it worked for him with no issues. 

I started a fresh new game on maximum yesterday and now on chapter 7. So fingers crossed the trophy will pop after doing a fresh game save on maximum on 1.07. 

All on PS5, btw. 

Edited by pennywise247

13 minutes ago, pennywise247 said:

Glitch didn’t work for me. Started my game on 1.06 and then finished and tried the glitch on 1.07 with no luck. But I asked my buddy (who isn’t a trophy hunter) to test out the exploit. He had already beat the game on 1.06 on easy and attempted the glitch yesterday and it worked for him with no issues. 

I started a fresh new game on maximum yesterday and now on chapter 7. So fingers crossed the trophy will pop after doing a fresh game save on maximum on 1.07. 

All on PS5, btw. 

Thanks for the update. Think I'm screwed anyway. Started on minimum anyways. Some people say it will work some say it won't

33 minutes ago, pennywise247 said:

All on PS5, btw. 

Should just go to your buddy if you know him in person and add your profile to his ps and download your save and do the glitch on there ( that’s if he didn’t update after getting it)

I got it to work eventually. On 1.06

Started on max security. Played game on min security. During cutscene after final boss changed it to max and made a manual save. Finished the game - no trophy. On main menu, loaded most recent autosave - no trophy. Continue from menu - no trophy

What finally got it to pop was closing the game then reloading most recent autosave from menu.

Pleased it went as the game started well but it fell off quite badly IMO and it became incredibly frustrating at times

1 hour ago, pennywise247 said:

All on PS5, btw. 

And how is it going? Started on 1.07. as well and didnt got the trophy. 

Im trying to reload different saves for like 2 hrs now. Nothing works. 

I really enjoyed the game but I don't want to play it a 2nd time on hard difficulty. 

Edited by KiloCharlie141

2 hours ago, KiloCharlie141 said:

And how is it going? Started on 1.07. as well and didnt got the trophy. 

Im trying to reload different saves for like 2 hrs now. Nothing works. 

I really enjoyed the game but I don't want to play it a 2nd time on hard difficulty. 

I won’t know until later today. I’m at work right now and hopefully gonna have time to finish it up tonight. I’ll post my end result here when I do. 

So, December 12th, 2022.

On PS5, I started a fresh 1.07, full run on Maximum Security. Digital Version. Didn't change anything. 

Trophy "The Protocol Is About Life" DID NOT pop. 

I'm going to download the game again,  mess around with some files, turn off internet, but I believe it to be unobtainable right now. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

8 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

So, December 12th, 2022.

On PS5, I started a fresh 1.07, full run on Maximum Security. Digital Version. Didn't change anything. 

I'm going to download the game again,  mess around with some files, turn off internet, but I believe it to be unobtainable right now. 

I think at this point I'm going to watch @Optinooby 's no damage maximum difficulty video and see what paths he takes or just wait for the next patch, and hope that they fixed whatever bug is preventing people from getting the trophy legit without the exploit being fixed at the same time.  

12 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

So, December 12th, 2022.

Yeah, I've regularly been checking PSNP, Reddit, Twitter and YouTube, and the absolute overwhelming majority are now saying they didn't get the trophy during a Maximum Security difficulty run, or with the glitch. 

Which makes it all the more baffling that Optinooby has managed to do a full run on 1.07 and pop it.

4 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

I think at this point I'm going to watch @Optinooby 's no damage maximum difficulty video and see what paths he takes or just wait for the next patch, and hope that they fixed whatever bug is preventing people from getting the trophy legit without the exploit being fixed at the same time.  

After trying the glitch and doing it legit, to no avail, I'll wait for 1.08 and beyond. 

I get the feeling that, since Greg Miller found the glitch and tweeted about it, it got more of a spotlight than other broken trophies. ?

14 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

So, December 12th, 2022.

It's so sad. 

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

After trying the glitch and doing it legit, to no avail, I'll wait for 1.08 and beyond. 

I get the feeling that, since Greg Miller found the glitch and tweeted about it, it got more of a spotlight than other broken trophies. 1f602.png

I understand that devs don't want people to do things in their games that aren't meant to happen, but I really don't see the point in fixing an exploit in a single player, offline game.  It's not hurting anyone else's experience by taking advantage of an exploit like it would be if this was an online game.  The irony is they probably made an attempt to address the exploit, and broke the legitimate path for everyone else.  

Edited by ziggurcat
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ARIXANDRE said:

I get the feeling that, since Greg Miller found the glitch and tweeted about it, it got more of a spotlight than other broken trophies. 1f602.png

We honestly should find a way to tell regular people about these things and keep it away from mass media and people that blab to the companies 

8 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

I started a Maximum Security run on 1.07, PS5.

I think people that are doing it legit but are not getting the trophy, might have started at 1.06 and then updated to 1.07, bugging the trophy. Like @TriplEEE13 reported.

I'm in chapter 7. I'll report when I finish.

Regardless of it getting bugged, I want to have those save files for when the problem is fixed. 

I did start the game on 1.06 and finished on 1.07 for my legit run and did not get the trophy. Something was done with the save format at the very least because if you try to load a 1.07 save on 1.00 you'll crash at the hallway run and if you try to make a new manual save before the crash you will get an error that saving failed.

PS5Trophies is doing a legit maximum security run live right now on YouTube, they're currently on chapter 8 I think. So we'll see if the trophy pops for them on 1.07.

Edit: Oh I see you finished your 1.07 run and also didn't get the trophy. At least PS5Trophies will be a fairly high profile showcase of the trophy being broken, might signal boost it.

Edit 2: nvm PS5Trophies is testing to see if the exploit still works lol. So not a legit max difficulty run.

Edited by RayCharlizard

As expected trophy didn't pop for me after changing difficulty after final boss before last cut scene.

I even tried unistalling the game, disconnecting online on my PS5, installing the game in offline mode since I have disc and running the 1.00 version.

The game kept crashing everytime in the final cut scene so it appears the save data on the newest patch and loading into it is causing the game to crash. I couldn't even make a manual save on the 1.00 version as the game said 'saving failed'.

Looks like we will have to wait for the next patch as I really don't feel like playing this game again on Maximum Security difficulty. 

Callisto Protocol Official Discord:

https://discord.gg/bUWtVbCW

It's usually the fastest way to get news on updates and report bugs. 

I'll keep my legit Maximum Security 1.07 files and move on.

We'll see if future updates fix the problem and if 1.07 is retroactively compatible with future updates. 

Happy gaming to all. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shelsayfarm said:

Is anyone getting this legit with a new game on maximum after 1.07? Trying to decide if I’m going to start a new run or wait for another patch. 

So far no one's getting it legit only a few gave gotten it with the exploit

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

i didnt as dont chance to sit at the console for multiple hours without interruptions, always have to play in segments 

Out of curiosity when you got your trophies via the update on 1.07 did you start and finish the runs all on 1.07? I'm wondering if what's messing people up is they started their runs on 1.06 and finished on 1.07 and it damaged their save files somehow 

8 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So far no one's getting it legit only a few gave gotten it with the exploit

Out of curiosity when you got your trophies via the update on 1.07 did you start and finish the runs all on 1.07? I'm wondering if what's messing people up is they started their runs on 1.06 and finished on 1.07 and it damaged their save files somehow 

It might be yea as my last 2 platinums, legit and non legit were started on 1.07.

Ive platinumed on a few of the recent patches as well, but yea, these last 2 and the footage from the video where you see the Max Sec trophy pop, and you can check my timestamps, all done on 1.07 from the get go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

It might be yea as my last 2 platinums, legit and non legit were started on 1.07.

Ive platinumed on a few of the recent patches as well, but yea, these last 2 and the footage from the video where you see the Max Sec trophy pop, and you can check my timestamps, all done on 1.07 from the get go.

That could possibly be the trick then but someone would have to do a run and test out legit and exploit and do some faniggling in the exploit cause apparently that's required it won't just behave and pop right off gotta work for it

14 hours ago, pennywise247 said:

All on PS5, btw. 

Just beat the game on a legit maximum play through on 1.07 and the The Protocol is About Life and the platinum popped without issue. 

• Like 2