Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

5 hours ago, voxman90 said:

I got a trophy and a platinum (congratulations), but I had to go through the game again.

First, I deleted all the PS5 saves, second, I was offline for the whole time, because otherwise the game was loading saves from the cloud (where there were manual saves on medium difficulty), thirdly, I didn't make any manual saves, fourth, I got through the game in one go. Version 1.08.

It was easier because they simplified the gameplay with the patch. The protagonist now moves faster, switches weapons faster, the number of creeps has been reduced at some points, death animations are now skippable, etc. Too bad the cutscenes can't be skipped...

This is great, we have a second case where it worked fully deleting your save file from the PS5/PS4 and playing the game with your system offline working. Like I said it worked for me, hope there more cases so it can prove the method

• Like 1

10 hours ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

Seems that the save files are transferrable between PS4 and PS5 and vice versa. I downloaded the PS4 version and found continue I pressed on it and it took me to the final scene and I tried finishing the game alas the finish the game trophy was the only thing that popped and grim reaper as for the max difficulty still no joy. Trying another fresh start with the PS4 version. Once I am done with the game will provide an update over here.

I just started a brand new game on Max, PS5, deleted all other saved data so that the only option in the main menu was "new experience", turned off auto-upload save data, and turned off the internet connection.  We shall see what happens this time.  Figured it would be faster to do one more run than to wait for the devs to fix a problem they caused.  I am following the no damage plat run again to make it a little easier on myself.  I've gone through it again, but I will follow it just as closely.   

Edit:

I'm a bit through chapter 6 so far.  I got through the first 5 chapters a lot faster this time, so I am making good progress.  

Edited by ziggurcat

1 hour ago, SuddenCane said:

I played legit in max security. Started on 1.07 and finished it w/ 1.08 (digital version). No trophy popped up. Neither after the final cutscen nor in the credits.

Try reloading and hitting the credits a few times like a fair few even when it was working "properly" it still wasn't working right for many without having to hit the credits several times

16 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

I just started a brand new game on Max, PS5, deleted all other saved data so that the only option in the main menu was "new experience", turned off auto-upload save data, and turned off the internet connection.  We shall see what happens this time.  Figured it would be faster to do one more run than to wait for the devs to fix a problem they caused.  I am following the no damage plat run again to make it a little easier on myself.  I've gone through it again, but I will follow it just as closely.   

Good luck, let us know your progress

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Try reloading and hitting the credits a few times like a fair few even when it was working "properly" it still wasn't working right for many without having to hit the credits several times

I ran to the credits so many times on my legit run, and it never worked for me.  I have seen a bunch of people say that that's what they had to do to get it to pop, though.

Edited by ziggurcat

16 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

Edit:

I'm a bit through chapter 6 so far.  I got through the first 5 chapters a lot faster this time, so I am making good progress.  

I was able to unlock the Max Sec trophy by logging in to my friend's PS5 (he had the game V1.06) and we were able to play the last segment and the trophy unlocked. 

Seems that V1.07 and V1.08 are the ones with the issue. Just started Chapter 4 for PS4 version not sure if the Max Sec will unlock will see how it goes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

I was able to unlock the Max Sec trophy by logging in to my friend's PS5 (he had the game V1.06) and we were able to play the last segment and the trophy unlocked. 

Seems that V1.07 and V1.08 are the ones with the issue. Just started Chapter 4 for PS4 version not sure if the Max Sec will unlock will see how it goes.

Whether you do the exploit or go legit on 1.06, it will pop, so that's no surprise.

2 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

As @ziggurcat mentioned below. That doesn’t work for me either

So, I played the PS4 1.00 version to attempt the original glitch. Oh, my God, what a ride...

•It runs worst than Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4. Frame rate often dips to single digits. 

• Many collectibles are in different locations. I had to do extra exploring but I did find them and got Grim Reaper trophy.

• Three story related trophies didn't pop. 

- Auto dodge does not work. 

- You can't skip the final credits. You can go into options and choose to go back to main menu, but there is still a checkpoint restart. Trying to restart a checkpoint from the credits leads you back to the credits. 

And worst of all:

•Both trophies for beating the game and beating on highest difficulty DID NOT pop for me.

•Digital, PS4 version played on a PS4, V. 1.00. 

Has anyone done the original glitch on a 1.00 version? PS4 or PS5? 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

33 minutes ago, ARIXANDRE said:

So, I played the PS4 1.00 version to attempt the original glitch. Oh, my God, what a ride...

•It runs worst than Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4. Frame rate often dips to single digits. 

• Many collectibles are in different locations. I had to do extra exploring but I did find them and got Grim Reaper trophy.

• Three story related trophies didn't pop. 

- Auto dodge does not work. 

- You can't skip the final credits. You can go into options and choose to go back to main menu, but there is still a checkpoint restart. Trying to restart a checkpoint from the credits leads you back to the credits. 

And worst of all:

•Both trophies for beating the game and beating on highest difficulty DID NOT pop for me.

•Digital, PS4 version played on a PS4, V. 1.00. 

Has anyone done the original glitch on a 1.00 version? PS4 or PS5? 

Thanks in advance. 

How did you get the 1.00 version with the digital copy? If you download the game it automatically downloads the most up-to-date version.

Edited by ziggurcat

It’s like no one is reading my comment… 1.008 on ps5 fixed the trophy. You just have to play the game on max security again. I did & it popped, along with my platinum. Instead of coming on here complaining & waiting for someone else to tell you it’s not working, go play the game again, it takes like 3 hours to beat. I promise you it will pop. Reloading your old save isn’t going to work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Champion_Person said:

It’s like no one is reading my comment… 1.008 on ps5 fixed the trophy. You just have to play the game on max security again. I did & it popped, along with my platinum. Instead of coming on here complaining & waiting for someone else to tell you it’s not working, go play the game again, it takes like 3 hours to beat. I promise you it will pop. Reloading your old save isn’t going to work.

Your experience may not be the same as others'.

20 minutes ago, Champion_Person said:

It took longer than 3 hours ;)

Watch the platinum speed run. It is 3:31 and this guy knows exacty whats happening in each inch of the game.

Nevertheless. The Devs messed it up and they need to fix it. I thought about buying the season pass, but honestly, not for such a messes up programming.

And I think most of the people do not want to play it again on max security. 

Positve Update for my PS4 experience:

I played the PS4 version of Callisto Protocol, Digital, on a base PS4. Got version 1.00. 

• used the original max security glitch, (starting on Max,  changing to Easy, Beat final boss, change back to Max) did not work on version 1.00  BUT:

Downloaded patch 1.08 and continued with my V. 1.00 saves. Both difficulty trophies popped, despite having updated. 

• Extra details: Film Grain, Motion Blur turned off. 

•Subtitles on. 

•Auto Dodge, Aim Assists off. 

I'm still stumped on PS5 but I'll be able to platinum on PS4. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

5 hours ago, an-inFamous1337 said:

Can confirm this. Played through the entire game, PS4 on PS5 (v1.06), didn’t get the platinum. Updated to v1.08, played the last segment and trophy popped and got platinum! I simply did not update to 1.07. So like you said, 1.07 seems to be the issue. 

4 hours ago, SuddenCane said:

It took longer than 3 hours ;)

Watch the platinum speed run. It is 3:31 and this guy knows exacty whats happening in each inch of the game.

Nevertheless. The Devs messed it up and they need to fix it. I thought about buying the season pass, but honestly, not for such a messes up programming.

And I think most of the people do not want to play it again on max security. 

I definitely beat the game in less than 3 & a half hours. I did watch that platinum speed run, but I also got every single trophy & collectible minus beating the game on max security my first run so it was more like 3 hours flat.

& I hear you that the devs need to fix it, but I’m almost positive if you do what I did & just start a new game start to finish on max security, it will pop. You will get the trophy faster that way rather than waiting for whenever the devs feel like fixing it. This is Krafton at the end of the day, I remember them taking like a year to fix the trophies in PUBG. If this game took any longer than 3-4 hours to speed run, then I’d probably be a little more pissed but the games so short it’s just a minor annoyance. Just my .02.

5 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

Your experience may not be the same as others'.

I promise you if you start a new game on max security right now on update 1.008 & complete the game legitimately on max security, the trophy will pop. The trophies not as glitched as you all think, I just think a lot of you guys are trying to do anything to get it to pop without playing the game again & that seems to be the only way right now to get it to pop.

the exploit where you play on east & switch to max at the end is long gone, I can almost guarantee you that will never work anymore. You can sit & wait for however long or you can just waste 3-4 hours of your day to play through the game once more & get it. That choice is up to you.

Edited by Champion_Person

14 minutes ago, Champion_Person said:

I promise you if you start a new game on max security right now on update 1.008 & complete the game legitimately on max security, the trophy will pop. The trophies not as glitched as you all think, I just think a lot of you guys are trying to do anything to get it to pop without playing the game again & that seems to be the only way right now to get it to pop.

the exploit where you play on east & switch to max at the end is long gone, I can almost guarantee you that will never work anymore. You can sit & wait for however long or you can just waste 3-4 hours of your day to play through the game once more & get it. That choice is up to you.

My last run through the game, I played legit on Max Security, and the trophy did not unlock.  I started on 1.07, and finished on 1.08.  Around the time I finished the game on Max, some said they got the trophy to unlock playing legit, others still said that they also did not receive the trophy for finishing legit.  This is why I said your experience may not be the same as others.  

For the record, I have started another new game on 1.08, Max Security, and I have disconnected the console from the internet just in case they release another patch in the next few days.  I also deleted all other save data to keep anything from affecting the new game save data.  I am currently part-way through chapter 6, so I will know one way or the other in a day or two when I get around to finishing.  

I am using the referenced no damage plat run as a guide to get through the game faster.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

My last run through the game, I played legit on Max Security, and the trophy did not unlock.  I started on 1.07, and finished on 1.08.  Around the time I finished the game on Max, some said they got the trophy to unlock playing legit, others still said that they also did not receive the trophy for finishing legit.  This is why I said your experience may not be the same as others.  

For the record, I have started another new game on 1.08, Max Security, and I have disconnected the console from the internet just in case they release another patch in the next few days.  I also deleted all other save data to keep anything from affecting the new game save data.  I am currently part-way through chapter 6, so I will know one way or the other in a day or two when I get around to finishing.  

I am using the referenced no damage plat run as a guide to get through the game faster.  

Report back if you get the trophy or not. I started & finished on 1.008 & it popped without issue.

Just here to confirm that for PS4 Version 1.08, The Maximum Security Glitch worked for me. It wasn't working on previous updates 1.06 & 1.07. I just reloaded my manual save for last run/cutscene and the trophy popped for me. I have a digital version of the game.

Edited by Hatib67