Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

I JUST GOT THE PLATINUM DOING A NEW GLITCH!!!!!!!!! only works for physical copy

(INFO I FINISHED ON 1.07 VERSION ON PS5 12/12/2022)

For any update after 1.006.000, you can still make this glitch work if you have a physical copy of the game, but it requires a lot of tweaking. I just did it.

Make sure you have a save file for the pods' portion on the run. Once you do, exit and delete the game. This next part is up to you. Choose between turning off the internet connection on the PlayStation or canceling and deleting the update.

Once you do this, load the game up so that it is on version 1.000.000. The game will not let you make a manual save and will crash before any auto-save. You will have to fix this, and it is pretty simple.

Make sure you have an auto-save open. You only need one at this time. If you have to delete one, make sure it is not the file where you start running for the pods.

Start a new game, and it will immediately make an auto-save. I recommend the new game being on Maximum Security.

Now try and load the other file you plan on using. Yes, it will say Callisto the Start on Minimum Security. All of the files will. Ignore it. This should cause the game to crash.

We are doing just fine. Make sure you are not updating the game and go back into it. Load the file near the end of the game, as mentioned before. Now, you should notice your weapons don't match up. At least they never did for me. Change the difficulty to Maximum Security. Even if the file already says Maximum Security, you must make this change as it claims to be set on Medium Security. Also, you need another autosave slot open, and if you have to delete one, it's not the one you are currently using, just in case.

Now die. This should force an auto-save. It does not always work, but try again. You will now have zero items, period. If it worked and it was saved, you should now be able to make a manual save. If you can, and all of your files, say Maximum Security, delete any of the files past version 1.000.000. With that done, beating the game should net you the trophy/achievement at the end of the cinematic, where Jacob kills all of the enemies with no gun and no stun baton. He is literally pointing his finger at them.

After the trophy/achievement pops, you can let the game update. Also, this will work better on Performance mode. That is important until all the files are 1.000.000 files.

Now, for a bit of advice. Make sure you go under storage and pull the previous file from the Cloud saves, or you will have a bunch of saves with absolutely nothing. No gun, no baton, and so on. Might be sad with New Game+ come February 7th of next year. Personal experience on this one.

Edited by related_browser1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, shelsayfarm said:

Is anyone getting this legit with a new game on maximum after 1.07? Trying to decide if I’m going to start a new run or wait for another patch. 

@ARIXANDRE just started/finished a max difficulty run on 1.07 and did not get the trophy.  @Optinooby also did (if I am not mistaken - correct me if I am wrong) and got the trophy. 

12 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

I understand that devs don't want people to do things in their games that aren't meant to happen, but I really don't see the point in fixing an exploit in a single player, offline game.  It's not hurting anyone else's experience by taking advantage of an exploit like it would be if this was an online game.  The irony is they probably made an attempt to address the exploit, and broke the legitimate path for everyone else.  

Its not hurting annyone??? Look at the rarity of the plat now due to this stupid glitch.. . Glad they are fixing it. 

3 hours ago, related_browser1 said:

Now die. This should force an auto-save.

Is the only way to take damage at this point to do it with the three explosive canisters in the area?

Edit: So my health was too high at my last auto save to die with the three explosive canisters nearby and crashed a few times trying to get around that. Finally I tried manual saving again twice and both times it gave me an error. I reloaded my checkpoint and after doing that I spawned in with no weapons or items. I was then able to run through the hallway without crashing. Unfortunately, still no trophy at the credits.

Closed the game, hit Continue to load that same checkpoint, spawned in again with no inventory, no trophy at the end.

Edit 2: Funny enough, while the credits are rolling I can hit Triangle to use my stun baton and hear the weapon effect and get vibration on the controller. >.<

Edited by RayCharlizard

16 minutes ago, RayCharlizard said:

Is the only way to take damage at this point to do it with the three explosive canisters in the area?

Edit: So my health was too high at my last auto save to die with the three explosive canisters nearby and crashed a few times trying to get around that. Finally I tried manual saving again twice and both times it gave me an error. I reloaded my checkpoint and after doing that I spawned in with no weapons or items. I was then able to run through the hallway without crashing. Unfortunately, still no trophy at the credits.

Closed the game, hit Continue to load that same checkpoint, spawned in again with no inventory, no trophy at the end.

No go to the final door way before the pods and it should blow up and kill you if you wait a few seconds triggering an auto save in version 1.0

17 minutes ago, RayCharlizard said:

Just keep trying I did it so many times and the final time I did it I closed app and returned to the main menu and pressed continue 

maybe try that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, related_browser1 said:

No go to the final door way before the pods and it should blow up and kill you if you wait a few seconds triggering an auto save in version 1.0

Just keep trying I did it so many times and the final time I did it I closed app and returned to the main menu and pressed continue 

maybe try that?

I downloaded my cloud saves again and started the method over, deleting all of my auto saves except for the one that I want to use for my last hallway run save. The part I'm stuck on at the moment is after starting a new game on max difficulty and loading the auto save at the hallway is that after I die at the doorway before the pods 1) no new auto save is generated and 2) I cannot make a manual save after reloading. I'm trying a few more things before giving up, will update if I have any success.

Edit: Alright, I made myself die a second time and this next respawn I got the auto save trigger and was able to manual save.

Edit 2: No dice. Rolled credits on that latest save three times now, closing the game each time in between.

Edit 3: omg I reloaded the save a few more times while watching YouTube videos to kill the pain in my soul and it finally popped just now. ? You saved my legit run lmao

Edited by RayCharlizard

8 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

So far no one's getting it legit only a few gave gotten it with the exploit

Out of curiosity when you got your trophies via the update on 1.07 did you start and finish the runs all on 1.07? I'm wondering if what's messing people up is they started their runs on 1.06 and finished on 1.07 and it damaged their save files somehow 

I started my entire run legit on Max Security on 1.07 and didn't get the trophy. Not sure if this is relevant to your aforementioned comment.

6 hours ago, related_browser1 said:

I JUST GOT THE PLATINUM DOING A NEW GLITCH!!!!!!!!! only works for physical copy

For any update after 1.006.000, you can still make this glitch work if you have a physical copy of the game, but it requires a lot of tweaking. I just did it.

Make sure you have a save file for the pods' portion on the run. Once you do, exit and delete the game. This next part is up to you. Choose between turning off the internet connection on the PlayStation or canceling and deleting the update.

Once you do this, load the game up so that it is on version 1.000.000. The game will not let you make a manual save and will crash before any auto-save. You will have to fix this, and it is pretty simple.

Make sure you have an auto-save open. You only need one at this time. If you have to delete one, make sure it is not the file where you start running for the pods.

Start a new game, and it will immediately make an auto-save. I recommend the new game being on Maximum Security.

Now try and load the other file you plan on using. Yes, it will say Callisto the Start on Minimum Security. All of the files will. Ignore it. This should cause the game to crash.

We are doing just fine. Make sure you are not updating the game and go back into it. Load the file near the end of the game, as mentioned before. Now, you should notice your weapons don't match up. At least they never did for me. Change the difficulty to Maximum Security. Even if the file already says Maximum Security, you must make this change as it claims to be set on Medium Security. Also, you need another autosave slot open, and if you have to delete one, it's not the one you are currently using, just in case.

Now die. This should force an auto-save. It does not always work, but try again. You will now have zero items, period. If it worked and it was saved, you should now be able to make a manual save. If you can, and all of your files, say Maximum Security, delete any of the files past version 1.000.000. With that done, beating the game should net you the trophy/achievement at the end of the cinematic, where Jacob kills all of the enemies with no gun and no stun baton. He is literally pointing his finger at them.

After the trophy/achievement pops, you can let the game update. Also, this will work better on Performance mode. That is important until all the files are 1.000.000 files.

Now, for a bit of advice. Make sure you go under storage and pull the previous file from the Cloud saves, or you will have a bunch of saves with absolutely nothing. No gun, no baton, and so on. Might be sad with New Game+ come February 7th of next year. Personal experience on this one.

Worked on my 2nd attempt! 

Thanks Buddy! : )

Thought I'd share my experience. Patch 1.07

• Played on max security up until the last 2-head encounter in chapter 8. Was running out of motivation to finish the game, so I thought I'd do the exploit and get it over with. Didn't work (as expected, based on this thread).
  • Reverted to earlier manual save before changing the difficulty. Finished the game legit. Got it first try as soon as credits started rolling.

6 hours ago, related_browser1 said:

I get as far as loading into my escape to pods and changing difficulty and if I go up the stairs to start the running it crashes if I stay in the boss room and blow myself up it crashes is this normal?

7 hours ago, related_browser1 said:

Thank you very much! Credit to you for working this one out. It worked on my second try when loading the manual save. 

This will in theory always work for people who choose to get the disc copy as it will always be able to be played on 1.0 when disconnecting from the Internet. 

Platinum cometh!

11 minutes ago, BTimchev said:

Can confirm that @related_browser1 's method works. It took me 7-8 reloads of the save game, but in the end the trophy popped as soon as the credits rolled.!

@Taliesin_2943 I had the same issue, you can check out the post in the new thread here:

It lets me get a little further into the hall then crashes at this point I'd be willing to let someone try share playing me through the hall 

8 hours ago, related_browser1 said:

I can confirm this works for the second load after the manual save ? thankyou so much

Edited by Darechampion

On 2022-12-12 at 5:33 AM, pennywise247 said:

Glitch didn’t work for me. Started my game on 1.06 and then finished and tried the glitch on 1.07 with no luck. But I asked my buddy (who isn’t a trophy hunter) to test out the exploit. He had already beat the game on 1.06 on easy and attempted the glitch yesterday and it worked for him with no issues. 

I started a fresh new game on maximum yesterday and now on chapter 7. So fingers crossed the trophy will pop after doing a fresh game save on maximum on 1.07. 

All on PS5, btw. 

I beat the game last night on a legit maximum play through on 1.07, start to finish and the The Protocol is About Life and the platinum popped without issue.

I started the game on maximum from the very beginning, performance mode on and I’m playing the digital version. 

Edited by pennywise247

I'm stumped with this one.

Some people are getting it to pop legit with 1.07, many are not (my case).

I died in my run, I restarted checkpoints, and did it in 3 sessions. 

Now I'm getting paranoid and wondering:

1- Does choosing difficulty at the main menu, before starting, matter? Or do you only choose the difficulty when starting a new playthrough? ;

2-Does playing in performance mode or Quality mode make a difference for the trophy? 

I was thinking of doing a new run on a dummy account, focusing on Maximum Security, but I really don't want to play for a third time without knowing if it will work.

On the game's discord, more people are sharing their experiences. Still no word from the devs. 

I'm happy for disc owners. I'm on digital so I'll have to wait for an official solution. 

Edited by ARIXANDRE

9 hours ago, related_browser1 said:

I want to say this worked for me. Problems I had were: getting the auto save to trigger while dying in the hallway. I found that standing a bit further away from the doorway leading to the pods seemed to work rather than standing right behind it (maybe 7-8 character lengths away). Also I had to load my manual save twice before the trophy would pop. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, redbull-addict85 said:

Dosnt work all I get is my game crashes can some one make a video of the new exploit as reading through how u ment to do it didnt make much sense to me

I'll see if i can explain in easier quicker terms

Delete the game turn off the internet and reinstall it

Have an auto save file from the run to the pods 

Delete all but that auto save 

Start a whole new game on max security once the video starts and u see the icon on the bottom come up then go off pause and reload that auto save from the run to the pods your game will crash

Now you have an auto save from your new max security start and your race to the pods. Go into settings from the main menu and turn on performance mode load up that run to the pods save and immediately switch it to max security (if it already was it got switched to medium just switch it back)

Now you should be able to run to the end of the hall stand in the doorway if the pods but don't go all the way in it will explode u die u get sent back to the start of the run u should now have no weapons keep repeating the run and exploding till u see it auto save them immediately make a manual save (you may still have a couple crashes while trying to die bd get that auto save but you should be capable of actually getting to the pods with performance mode is on just might crash during the runs for auto save so no worries)

delete the auto save u had been using keep the save from your restart and your new auto save and manual save now actually run and finish the game to the credits give it a few seconds if nothing pause quit to the main menu load your manual save in the load menu and run to the credits again if nothing repeat a few times it will unlock just takes a few to click right but the exploits have all took a few reloads just make sure all u have on your saves are the new ones after reverting to 1.00.

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, redbull-addict85 said:

Dosnt work all I get is my game crashes can some one make a video of the new exploit as reading through how u ment to do it didnt make much sense to me

1. Make sure you have 1 auto save from 1.07 where you are running to the escape pods (keep note of the autosave number for reference)

2. Delete game and reinstall from disc (stay offline to prevent game from updating) to keep the game at version 1.00

3. In game, I recommend deleting all auto-saves but the one that you noted from step 1.  You can delete auto saves by going to ‘Load Game’, highlighting the auto save and holding triangle to delete.

4. Once extra auto-saves are deleted, start a new game on Maximum Security.  Once the game starts you will see the auto-save icon in lower right.

5. Hit Options and load your 1.07 auto-save that you kept.  The game should crash, this is fine.

6. Restart the game and load your 1.07 auto-save.  Once loaded, hit options and change difficulty to Maximum Security (even if it already says it is).

7. Unpause the game and run down the hallway stopping before the doorway to the room with the pods.  Standing here for a few seconds there will be a big explosion that will kill you.  The goal here is to get the game to trigger an auto-save.  The auto-save will trigger when it respawns you back at the begging of the running segment.  Keep running to the doorway before the pods and dying until you get the auto-save to trigger.  I had to stand about 7-8 character lengths behind the doorway and dying here before it would trigger, not sure if that matters.

8. Once you see the auto-save pop up after respawn, manually save your game.

9.  At this point I went back to the main menu and deleted every old 1.07 manual save, so that all I had left was my auto-save at the beginning of the game, the auto-save from the hallway that was just created, and the manual save I just created (all are new 1.00 saves).

10.  Load your manual save and finish the running segment.  Your trophies should pop once the credits start.  If they don’t, hit options an return to menu and reload your manual save.  It took me two tries for this to work.

Edited by Einhandr
  • Like 3