This plat is worse than Fortnite ,Crash 4 and Super Meat Boy combined..

NeroD_175

16 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

If you have hidden games (even if for legit reasons like hacked in a random lobby) it doesnt really make sense to claim that you have a 100% profile.After all how can you prove you would have able to do all the ones you have hidden? Maybe one of those trophies would have tripped you up and youd be at 99.99% with 0 hidden trophies.

I could claim that I have a 100% profile (if you ignore the games I dont want to see/wouldnt be able to complete, the dlc I didnt want to buy, and the trophies that are unobtainable for everyone) 

What are you talking about? To me, if every game that's visible on your profile is at 100% it counts as a 100% profile. Doesnt matter if you've hidden 1 game or 10 games, especially not if they're also complete. Some games have unobtainable trophies so no one could really blame you for hiding them

On 8.1.2023 at 9:57 AM, NeroD_175 said:

I have a 100% profile so I'm pretty much forced to get the platinum for this game at some point otherwise my completionist brain won't be at peace

You are dont force to do anything. Gaming is about Fun not trophies. I combine then, too. I love the extra motivation, often I love easy games and trophies and sometimes I want a hard challenge. If I cant make it ok it tried but as a point where you lose your fun Gaming isnt the right then anymore. What did you do as a kid when you got a Playstation 1? Besides one day you get a dlc or server in a game will shot down. Then what? For Resident Evil Revelations my advice is: You really, really shouldnt do that solo. Search someone who you enjoy to talk with then it really makes fun. Actually I enjoy that mode but Im at the same time glad there are no Raid Trophies for Revelations 2 :D

It's a mode that takes time, patience and effort if done solo until you get better weapons and know the layout of the level, after that it's just practice, I usually don't take issue with this stuff but you can't really claim a 100% profile when there's stuff hidden, and like mentioned if it's not fun anymore why even bother, just hide like the others you already did.

9 hours ago, NeroD_175 said:

What are you talking about? To me, if every game that's visible on your profile is at 100% it counts as a 100% profile. Doesnt matter if you've hidden 1 game or 10 games

That doesn't make any sense

On 1/8/2023 at 5:57 AM, NeroD_175 said:

I have a 100% profile so I'm pretty much forced to get the platinum for this game at some point otherwise my completionist brain won't be at peace

....Far from me to tell you what to do but if gaming is causing that much of distress you should probably reconsider, too much of anything can be harmful.

On 08/01/2023 at 8:57 AM, NeroD_175 said:

I've gone from level 1 - 50 on a few accounts and always found it to be a fun experience, but I can understand how much of a catch 22 the game feels at the mid - endgame. If you still wish to get the platinum I'd be more than happy to help you out though; just go ahead and add me. 

• Like 2

On 9.1.2023 at 8:23 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

At a certain point, it’s become problematic that on sites like this one, no clear distinction is ever made between “completionism” and “atelophobia”.

One is a fun little hobby.

The other is a debilitating disorder.

Lol never even knew that phobia existed. I definitely have undiagnosed atelophobia

On 1/12/2023 at 2:57 PM, Thi-Ghisleri said:

You should invest in therapy.

Already did once, didnt really help lmao

On 1/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, kidson2004 said:

Maybe you need to take some of that trophy hunting energy and put it towards organizing your life? :hmm:

If only it were that easy...

On 09/01/2023 at 8:09 PM, ChibsSoA said:

This is a form of addiction that you really should consider self reflecting on. You're hate fk'ing your way through games for literally zero payoff. Ipromise you nobody looks at your profile, mine or anyone else's to even see that 100% you are torturing yourself for. You are setting those goals for yourself, ask yourself why you are setting them or why you feel such a strong need to meet them. Lots of people do this kind of thing thinking it's earning credibility but again, nobody is even looking at your profile so who is the credibility for? What are you trying to prove to yourself? What void are you trying to fill with this? Those are the questions you should be asking yourself. There is no such thing as a "completionist brain". Nothing wrong with wanting to go for 100%, but to do it the way you're doing it (ONLY 100% can be shown) IMO is stemming from a deeper issue that has nothing to do with gaming. I'm not criticizing anyone who takes this approach, I'm just saying there is something going on there that you need to be aware of.

Many wise words indeed.

While it's untrue that nobody is looking at my profile because I do it all the time ?, you're spot on.

Thumbs up!?

I feel the pain. I occasionally come back to this, but doing raid mode solo is like pulling teeth. Enemies seem way too tanky, to the point where I feel like I'm doing something wrong, and finding people to play with is near impossible too. I have never successfully queued with someone using the matchmaking system (only once got the single trophy that has co-op as a requirement with one other on this site).

Edited by Stevieboy

On 20/1/2023 at 7:53 AM, Solarus755 said:

I feel the pain. I occasionally come back to this, but doing raid mode solo is like pulling teeth. Enemies seem way too tanky, to the point where I feel like I'm doing something wrong, and finding people to play with is near impossible too. I have never successfully queued with someone using the matchmaking system (only once got the single trophy that has co-op as a requirement with one other on this site).

Search for games during friday/weekend afternoon

Saw this from the front page and reminded the painful times i spend on this game. I blamed the bad itemization of this game which caused a deadlock where you have to grind the last level for better weapons and at the same time you can't challenge this level w/o good weapons.

Still remember in one match I joined the other guy is probably an elitist and it is very apparent he was leaving monsters for me to kill, (want to see my "contribution" probably?) which i can hardly do. In the end I will drag the monster to him w/o firing a shot simply for spite. Fortunately majority of the people online were helpful and I got the platinum w/o much trouble.

19 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

Saw this from the front page and reminded the painful times i spend on this game. I blamed the bad itemization of this game which caused a deadlock where you have to grind the last level for better weapons and at the same time you can't challenge this level w/o good weapons.

Still remember in one match I joined the other guy is probably an elitist and it is very apparent he was leaving monsters for me to kill, (want to see my "contribution" probably?) which i can hardly do. In the end I will drag the monster to him w/o firing a shot simply for spite. Fortunately majority of the people online were helpful and I got the platinum w/o much trouble.

Yeah , that's how I got the platinum last week as well. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that people (mostly lvl 50 pro players with 500h+ playtime)  still play this garbage game and create lobbies to help and boost others. Without those Gigachads, it would have been impossible for me. Or at least, it would have taken 100-200 hours more than the estimated time to plat

Edited by NeroD_175