Guide Writer's Headquarters

On 27/1/2019 at 1:38 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Nope, no one is working on it.

I completed the Lords of the Fallen guide and I'm doing the Ancient Labyrinth guide as well. Can I submit for the review the completed one even if I mentioned the DLC one in my main guide or I need to complete both of them first and then submit both guides?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, new-stirum94 said:

I completed the Lords of the Fallen guide and I'm doing the Ancient Labyrinth guide as well. Can I submit for the review the completed one even if I mentioned the DLC one in my main guide or I need to complete both of them first and then submit both guides?

You can submit it for review, though the queue is flooded at the moment, so it might take a few days before we can review it. We can also keep it in the queue until you submit the DLC guide and publish them together.

• Like 1

Unsure if I post here or comment in the "Writing a Guide" guide itself. I am creating a trophy guide with many spoilers. I have added a disclaimer at the top of my roadmap/overview stating that there are spoilers; however, I always want to safeguard users that jump right to a trophy and don't see this disclaimer. With that, I have added spoiler sections (using the spoilers masking option). When viewing my guide, I noticed that any trophies referenced in the spoiler are no longer linked to their intended anchor (they are linked when I edit, but not when I view). Is this behavior expected? What solutions might I attempt to fix this?

4 minutes ago, Kallume said:

Unsure if I post here or comment in the "Writing a Guide" guide itself. I am creating a trophy guide with many spoilers. I have added a disclaimer at the top of my roadmap/overview stating that there are spoilers; however, I always want to safeguard users that jump right to a trophy and don't see this disclaimer. With that, I have added spoiler sections (using the spoilers masking option). When viewing my guide, I noticed that any trophies referenced in the spoiler are no longer linked to their intended anchor (they are linked when I edit, but not when I view). Is this behavior expected? What solutions might I attempt to fix this?

You post questions like this both here and in the guide, though it's better to do so here, since the Guide Team doesn't receive notifications when you post a comment in the Guide Manual.

As for your question, could you post a link to the guide? That way, I can take a look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You post questions like this both here and in the guide, though it's better to do so here, since the Guide Team doesn't receive notifications when you post a comment in the Guide Manual.

As for your question, could you post a link to the guide? That way, I can take a look.

It can be found here. The trophy I noticed it with is :bronze: His Father's Son.

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I've tried numerous possibilities and it's removed every time when looking at the preview. A workaround would be to start the spoiler tag after the linked trophy.

Understood. I will consider this for spoiler tags in the future as well. Thank you for the prompt response and solution. 

16 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Sorry if it's been discussed, but why are some guides broken?

ex https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6275-collarmalice-trophy-guide

The navigation is all the way at the bottom of the page for me.

Sometimes a random table in the guide will shift the contents section down to the bottom of the page when viewing the guide on a low-resolution screen. It should be fixed now though :P 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Sometimes a random table in the guide will shift the contents section down to the bottom of the page when viewing the guide on a low-resolution screen. It should be fixed now though :P 

Where should this kind of thing be posted? I know I've seen it more than once.

Do animated GIFs work in guides? I can’t recall seeing any before.

I want to illustrate enemy moves, as describing them isn’t the best, and rather than a video for a few seconds, a short GIF would be easier. Figured I’d ask before putting in all the effort to make them if they don’t even work :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kristycism said:

Do animated GIFs work in guides? I can’t recall seeing any before.

I want to illustrate enemy moves, as describing them isn’t the best, and rather than a video for a few seconds, a short GIF would be easier. Figured I’d ask before putting in all the effort to make them if they don’t even work :P 

Yeah, GIFs work in guides.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...