Impossible mode?

dougrayman

On 2/11/2023 at 9:56 AM, Indinix_ said:

I believe that on powerpyx someone mentionned getting the Untouchable achievement in medium by never saving manually after changing difficulty, and thus by only relying on autosave.

Could this variable make sense?

If manual saving was the cause that prevents it then i wouldnt have even popped it on hard as i made tonnes of manual saves after going from impossible to hard.

I also had dropped it to medium at one point after beating final boss on hard, so no manual save after dropping to Med and nothing.

Edited by Optinooby

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

If manual saving was the cause that prevents it then i wouldnt have even popped it on hard as i made tonnes of manual saves after going from impossible to hard.

I also had dropped it to medium at one point after beating final boss on hard, so no manual save after dropping to Med and nothing.

Thanks for making this clear and for the explanation ?

@Lennie_Briscoe it would be interesting to know where exactly you died in chapter 1 and when you changed the difficulty to medium. Could you tell us?

Edited by Indinix_

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I did, and thats why i couldnt test the 'changing difficulty to Medium (or Story) straight away after dying'!!

Because I changed to hard way back and i speculate that if you want to drop it lower, then must be done before you hit any new checkpoint.

No checkpoints on Impossible remember so when you hit that first checkpoint after dropping from Impossible, it maybe checks for something, dunno.

I will check that as well (changing back to Hard) at the end but not sure if can imagine that being the reason.

When you change difficulty, if you look in the save menu, it instantly makes a sorta soft save with your new difficulty mentioned.

I think that somehow that softsave gets avoided by the trophy tracker if changing after Impossible without hitting any new checkpoints.

Hopefully I will see soon

I dont find Impossible too bad honestly, but Story is an absolute joke compared to it. And Medium enemies are not that much weaker than Impossible.

Story is where the glitch needs to be to be useful.

I started this game with like 5 x Impossible Plasma Cutter Only playthroughs, and once I finally got to Story, I couldnt believe what was going on as all the enemies were just tapping out after 1 or 2 bullets it seemed. Compared to Impossibles carefully placed 6+ shots.

So easy.

And did I mention, your HP regenerates automatically after about 5 seconds xD. Story is pretty much godmode

Never played the original on impossible mode and honestly it’s too hard and I was getting wrecked up to the captain in chapter 2.  I got lucky in the area you have to kill the 3-4 enemies at the top and then more spawn when going down the lift after dying tons of time the enemies despawn.  Then when I had to get the shock pad it wasn’t spawning so I had to restart checkpoint and it spawned plus all the baby wall crawler things in that area.  If I can’t get it through a glitch I guess I won’t platinum it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, leprekon666 said:

honestly it’s too hard and I was getting wrecked up to the captain in chapter 2.  I got lucky in the area you have to kill the 3-4 enemies at the top and then more spawn when going down the lift after dying tons of time the enemies despawn.  Then when I had to get the shock pad it wasn’t spawning so I had to restart checkpoint and it spawned plus all the baby wall crawler things in that area.  If I can’t get it through a glitch I guess I won’t platinum it. 

Full respect for people who beat impossible mode.

I reached the captain who transformed and I just can't get out of the morgue. 

4 ennemies, clearly not enough ammo nor stasis to deal with them, not enough money at this point to buy more of everything.

My weapons deal almost no damage, I really don't know how you manage this.

5 minutes ago, Indinix_ said:

4 ennemies, clearly not enough ammo nor stasis to deal with them, not enough money at this point to buy more of everything.

Also those bat looking creatures you think they are dead after shooting clips at them but noooo they Will Smith slap you on the ground while you’re taking out the others. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Indinix_ said:

Glitch some money on the workbench and the shop.There is a good and easy but time consuming glitch out there.You cann upgrade the plasma rifle and sell the ammunition.With this trick you should have no problem on new game on hard if you do the impossible glitch.

9 minutes ago, xXDer_KritikerXx said:

Glitch some money on the workbench and the shop.There is a good and easy but time consuming glitch out there.You cann upgrade the plasma rifle and sell the ammunition.With this trick you should have no problem on new game on hard if you do the impossible glitch.

Thanks I will have a look at this glitch but I think that I euther need nodes or money in order to do it. And I don't so I'm not really confident.

10 hours ago, Indinix_ said:

Thanks for making this clear and for the explanation ?

@Lennie_Briscoe it would be interesting to know where exactly you died in chapter 1 and when you changed the difficulty to medium. Could you tell us?

Sorry i can not check my save file as i only rented the game and don't have it now.

4 hours ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

the morgue thing can be easily done by smashing the bodies lying around before you interact with the captain. doing so makes sure that sting ray like thing doesnt infect the dead bodies.

2 full bodied doctor corpses on the floor to be precise ;)

There is one instance in the game where I deliberately leave the bodies as then u get more time to run away (while they're busy resurrecting)

Edited by Optinooby

23 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I will be testing tomorrow (Saturday), fingers crossed ;)

Hi, did you manage to test this ? ?

So in theory (to be confirmed) the idea would be:

- Start game on Impossible

- Die in the first opportunity (first appearance of enemies in chapter 1)

- Choose to continue game on Hard and pause the game immediately after you regain control,  and change difficulty to Medium

- Play the whole game until before the last battle.

- Change difficulty to hard.

- Beat the last boss, and the Impossible trophy would pop ?? ?

Just ran a test I just started on Impossible got to the first save point saved it and then died to the next enemy. Continued on Hard and then when loaded in switched all the way down to Story. Sped through the game up until the last boss switched it back to Hard and then beat it and I didn’t get the trophy.

Not sure if Medium is as low as you can go or I needed to die to the very first enemy and not wait until I saved for the first time ?‍♂️

Edited by Mutaz_

Just wanted to add my experience here. Long time gamer/trophy hunter. Was aware of the Dead Space series but never played any of them. Really enjoyed Callisto Protocol so this was a easy decision to dive into. I used PowerPyxs guides for the collectables and started my first run on impossible mode and only used the plasma cutter. Really utilized the stasis ability and actually made it to chapter 4 before I died (on the rotating centrifuge of all things). Switched to Hard mode as suggested. Finished my first run with all trophies apart from the NG+ and weapon specific ones. It was difficult in spots but once you know what's coming it's not that bad. Just made it to chapter 5 on my NG+ story run, just flying through the game. No reason to make this more than a 2 playthrough platinum imo. Really really enjoyed this game. Sound design, atmosphere, visuals, pacing, level designs, etc etc just all top notch. My best piece of advice is to loot everything. It all adds up and you will need every bit of ammo, health and credits to make it through the first 3/4 of your impossible/hard run. 

Edited by Sponger760

I have one piece of advice that someone may not know about. Difficulty level doesn't matter but more usefull on Impossible Mode. In the rooms with a lot of bodies of crew members, where the Infector monster(s) appears and turns bodies into Necromorphs, you can crush all the bodies earlier. Then when the monster shows up and there are no complete bodies, he can't turn them into Necromorphs. He goes straight to you, which makes the fight much easier.

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

Had I known this thing about stomping on bodies on the ground before... it would have made a few things easier.

I only stomped on the creatures I killed in order to loot.

I will try to continue further on hard mode.

Edited by Indinix_
Typo

1 hour ago, Kessarath said:

I have one piece of advice that someone may not know about. Difficulty level doesn't matter but more usefull on Impossible Mode. In the rooms with a lot of bodies of crew members, where the Infector monster(s) appears and turns bodies into Necromorphs, you can crush all the bodies earlier. Then when the monster shows up and there are no complete bodies, he can't turn them into Necromorphs. He goes straight to you, which makes the fight much easier.

Iirc, this only helps in the Medical Morgue and the Engineering Control Room.

Any other timed it leaving the bodies will either.

A - Give you more time to escape as the spawners are busy resurrecting.

B - Prevent you having even more enemies coming for you at once.

If you kill all the bodies, those spawners will ALL be coming for you instead and can overwhelm you.

Personally, outside of the Morgue and the Engineering Control Room, its more effective to know WHERE the spawners first come from. You can then just kill or stasis them all before they kill anything anyway and they ALWAYS go for the same body!!

As for the exploit, im having ZERO luck so far again. Im at the end on Impossible on an account where I havent popped the trophy and im having no luck popping it below Hard. Completed it about 8 times so far trying different variables, all on Story btw. I kay just switch up to Medium and try exactly the way that apparently worked.

I do know the apparent Medium way doesnt work on Story. Im now going to try Easy, and then Medium.

1 hour ago, Mutaz_ said:

Just ran a test I just started on Impossible got to the first save point saved it and then died to the next enemy. Continued on Hard and then when loaded in switched all the way down to Story. Sped through the game up until the last boss switched it back to Hard and then beat it and I didn’t get the trophy.

Not sure if Medium is as low as you can go or I needed to die to the very first enemy and not wait until I saved for the first time ?‍♂️

The game makes one autosave on Impossible by the way, maybe its ties to that. It seems you didnt use that 1 autosave here as you say you made your own.

EDIT:

Ive now tried the exploit AGAIN by playing about with a endgame Impossible save and I still cant get the trophy to pop below Hard.

I tried making a Manual Save afterwards and not making a Manual Save. Also tried swapping to Hard at the end and not swapping to Hard at the end. Also tried on Story and Medium.

To me, looks like it doesnt work below Hard so if somebody has popped it on Medium, they're either mistaken or extremely lucky amd just had a combination of very rare variables or glitches that fell into place which made it worked.

Otherwise, last thing I can think because ive been changing difficulty endgame, not chapter 1 like the Medium Untouchable popper apparently did, is that changing it LOWER than Hard ONLY works if your Impossible death respawns you at the ONLY Impossible autosave the game makes, and then you drop difficulty there.

For anybody that doesn't know, there are NO autosaves on Impossible BUT, the game does make ONE autosave on Impossible and it is made just before the first escape sequence in the Flight Lounge.

Not certain, but this could explain why it didnt work for @Mutaz_ as you said you first made a Manual Save before dropping difficulty so you didnt utilise that ONLY autosave that Impossible makes.

Its just speculation of course, but thats all I have left as that is what coincides with the Medium Popper. You must die at the earliest attempt, so the games respawns you at that only impossible autosave and then change difficulty to Story. If anybody is willing to try that and then it STILL doesnt work, then I would be confident saying it doesnt work below hard and that one Medium Popper was just fluke.

I'm not trying anything else as im pretty much done as just finished recording my Impossible Plasma Cutter only No Damage run and all I have left is to record NG+ clean up. I've been through this game enough xD.

No story exploit then no go!! As I mentioned before, the Hard exploit is a waste of time unless you die by mistake because you get no impossible NG+ rewards.

Edited by Optinooby

27 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Iirc, this only helps in the Medical Morgue and the Engineering Control Room.

Personally, outside of the Morgue and the Engineering Control Room, its more effective to know WHERE the spawners first come from. 

Of course, it all depends on your play style. I preferred to have all the monsters line up for me (usually I was in the hallway behind the door). Stasis... and I was able to deal with them one by one.

As for the corridors and Doors. When we return to Aegis VII and Brute appears in one of the locations, we can stay in the corridor behind the huge door. You can open the door, spawn him and not go outside the corridor. Brute can't enter the corridor! He runs back and forth to you and TURNS around, every time he will stand at the door he go back and exposing his vulnerable spots for shoot (doors are opened all the time!). We also have time for other Necromorphs.

There are for sure more efficient ways, but that's what I did instead of panicking. I improvised. Sometimes it worked... :-)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

Of course, it all depends on your play style. I preferred to have all the monsters line up for me (usually I was in the hallway behind the door). Stasis... and I was able to deal with them one by one.

As for the corridors and Doors. When we return to Aegis VII and Brute appears in one of the locations, we can stay in the corridor behind the huge door. You can open the door, spawn him and not go outside the corridor. Brute can't enter the corridor! He runs back and forth to you and TURNS around, every time he will stand at the door he go back and exposing his vulnerable spots for shoot (doors are opened all the time!). We also have time for other Necromorphs.

There are for sure more efficient ways, but that's what I did instead of panicking. I improvised. Sometimes it worked... :-)

Ive been doing No Damage runs with the Plasma on Impossible, and I do that as well actually.

Though I stasis the Brute and just vertically aim the Plasma at the top of his arm where it meets the shoulder and you can actually still hit its arm weak points from the front!!

One particular room where its MUCH better to leave the bodies is after activating the ADS Cannon in the bottom of electrical systems I think. When you activate, 2 spawners appear as well as a single Necromorph, so 3 enemies to begin with, but can turn into 5+ if the spawners resurrect anything. Leaving the bodies here gives you time to run straight past the spawners, out the room and back to the elevator without having to fight anything, the single Necromorph spawns a little later.

Though in the same room, if you destroy the bodies beforehand, then those 2 spawners come straight for you, blocking your exit and so making it so you have to fight 3 enemies instead of running past them and fighting 0 enemies.

That is one instance where destroying the bodies means you actually HAVE to fight MORE enemies. Of course though you wouldnt know this if you are not being efficient, but then if efficient enough to destroy bodies, then someone should be efficient enough to know when its better not to destroy the bodies I guess

Thats why I think it all depends on the room and the strategy. Just mean destroying the bodies doesnt automatically mean easiest way ;)

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Thats why I think it all depends on the room and the strategy. Just mean destroying the bodies doesnt automatically mean easiest way ;)

Yes, and You had time to explore other possibilities and I just chose the one that saved my life. It wasn't necessarily the best. That's why you do walkthrough guides and I don't. I was just saving my life. ;-)

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kessarath said:

Yes, and You had time to explore other possibilities and I just chose the one that saved my life. It wasn't necessarily the best. That's why you do walkthrough guides and I don't. I was just saving my life. ;-)

Of course mate, sorry I wasn't saying its not a good idea, just wanted to give some context for those that may read for those instances where sometimes can be better to leave them ;)

Talking of walkthroughs, I have a full text walkthrough for a 2 playthrough platinum. For anybody interested, ive not released it yet as I think im going to make a quick gameplay guide here with the walkthrough. Nothing special, but guess its better than putting it in a Google Doc. I'll likely submit it in a few days and so if its ok, will be published in a week or so I guess depending on how busy the team are

On 2/9/2023 at 5:08 PM, Mr_Buzzinka said:

Just got impossible difficulty trophy by continuing on hard. the glitch works flawlessly. can save on multiple slots & no issues.
make sure you turn off all the auto-updates on your ps5 to save yourself getting this patched out. Cheers!
Now i can enjoy the game on new game plus & 1 PT time has been saved.

After you die on Impossible and continue the game on hard, the game will start creating auto-saves. Do you know if it's fine to use these ? 

For example, let's say I die on impossible, continue the game on hard, and keep progressing normally with manual saves. On my future deaths the game eventually will start respawning me on the auto-saves. Is it fine to keep playing ? Or I actually need to make sure I reload a manual save after dying ?

14 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Of course mate, sorry I wasn't saying its not a good idea, just wanted to give some context for those that may read for those instances where sometimes can be better to leave them ;)

Absolutely no need sorry mate! We share our experience and impressions. I don't think I did anything better, I just found something that worked. And I mentioned your guides because I used them many times (Your RE7 guide made my 100% much easier also RE8 Mercenaries). I will definitely use more in the future. Best regards.

• Like 1