Impossible mode?

dougrayman

14 minutes ago, SilviaAloy said:

It doesn't give you the rewards, but it unlocks New Game + on Impossible difficulty?

Sorry, I hinted at this in the post but I should have gone into more detail as its quite major, i'll update it.

It doesn't im afraid. The glitch will pop the Impossible trophy 'Untouchable', but the actual save is still recognised as Hard. All completion rewards and NG+ difficulty options are as if you fished it on hard!

• Like 1

5 minuti fa, Optinooby ha detto:

Scusa, ho accennato a questo nel post, ma avrei dovuto entrare più in dettaglio perché è piuttosto importante, lo aggiornerò.

Non ho paura. Il glitch farà scoppiare il trofeo Impossible "Untouchable", ma il salvataggio effettivo è comunque riconosciuto come Difficile. Tutte le ricompense per il completamento e le opzioni di difficoltà NG+ sono come se avessi pescato a fondo!

OK thank you. If it unlocked new game + impossible, you could play impossible on a low difficulty and then in new game + do it on maximum difficulty with already upgraded weapons.

• Like 1

I'm not a very good gamer, but I'm on Ch. 4 "legit" and I'm having no issues at all yet, its actually my favorite playthrough thus far. Banking a cloud save at the start of every chapter (first manual save I can make per chapter), but haven't had to use them, and I've only had to pause and quit twice due to death. One was the centrifuge section, and the other was a gas enemy in Ch. 3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Ok, so I just finished up my newest Impossible/Hard run and you CANNOT lower difficulty beyond Hard if you still want the Untouchable trophy!

Not sure why someone said they popped it on Medium, that was either a typo, misunderstanding by the player, a troll or there is a way to do it that requires a very specific set of actions, that im not prepared to look into further myself, boring boss fight

What I tested, I tried popping Untouchable on Story, Easy, Medium & Hard. Basically I worked my way up, but I played about with a few other variables on Story first, like triggering an Autosave or closing the app in case anything is tied to the automatic save load (opening the game automatically loads in a save file).

After all that, as soon as I switch back to Hard, the trophy popped straight away once I finished it.

Also, although it pops Untouchable, unfortunately the save is recognised as Hard in terms of NG+ so you don't get the Impossible rewards from it. You also CAN'T NG+ Impossible from this, only Hard and below.

Some further info is I died by mistake on maybe Chapter 5 I think it was and so had to drop it to Hard or lose my save. I then left it on Hard until the end boss which is where I started playing about with difficulties.

Another also is that there are now 13 stomp boxes in the final boss area, Im sure they won't there before 1.04, or my game just glitched.

Personally, I think the glitch is not worth using intentionally as all it does is pretty much is a failsafe in cade you don't quit the game on time. If you have no choice to either use the glitch or lose your save, then sure that makes sense but if you intentionally use the glitch, then you're missing out on the Hand Cannon!!

My preferred Platinum Roadmap is still NG Impossible Plasma Cutter 100% and then a NG+ Story speedrun with the Marker collectibles using the Hand Cannon. 

The glitch would have been perfect for players wanting it if you could play on Story AND get Impossible rewards. Its a waste like this though, its more meaningful to just pause and quit if you're going to die.

I take this as of patch 1.04 right? I lowered difficulty before patch 1.04 and have not updated the game since. I wonder if I should give it a try or just do a hard run from scratch instead. 

6 minutes ago, Realtione said:

I take this as of patch 1.04 right? I lowered difficulty before patch 1.04 and have not updated the game since. I wonder if I should give it a try or just do a hard run from scratch instead. 

Yea 1.04, but I cant imagine it being any different before, if they had got to patching it, it wouldnt even work on hard

9 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Yea 1.04, but I cant imagine it being any different before, if they had got to patching it, it wouldnt even work on hard

Intuitively makes sense. After all, it was only a self-report and could easily be fake (although hard to say what would be their intention). 

Edited by Realtione

21 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Why allways glitch games? Why not just play it as its intended to be played. Whenever i come across a glitch myself. Im never sharing it. And nor am i using it. 

Just get guuud at the game1f603.png

Where at all in my post did I say I glitched the run? I'm factually stating what happens if you use the glitch and why a certain path may not work (i.e. not getting Impossible rewards if you choose to continue). I got Impossible done legitimately the other night, no difficulty-tweaking was required.

6 hours ago, amir_saman96 said:

Thanks bro but we already know that 

Some players just want to know if it 100% work when you put the difficult on medium 

I’m already chapter 8 impossible run … I hope I don’t mess up haha 

I am doing it on hard....hard aint even hard tbh....not that big a jump from story mode.

31 minutes ago, h4mx0r said:

Is there a fool-proof way to shoot things while you're dangling (mainly talking about the final sequence in the game)?

Aiming at these things is pretty tough for me on a controller when I don't have control of my character.

I always play with my look controls inverted, but for this sequence I switched them to default standard configuration. If you use standard controls, invert your vertical aim.

17 minutes ago, Moriarty-IGN said:

I just wanted to add to the chorus: I got the Impossible Trophy after the game forced me down to Hard to continue after dying. I left it on Hard. I started on 1.03 and finished on 1.04, in case that information becomes relevant.

Every couple Sacred Symbols episodes I hear you mention something you saw while lurking in various PSNP forum threads, cool to see you post something - one of us, one of us! xD 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Moriarty-IGN said:

I just wanted to add to the chorus: I got the Impossible Trophy after the game forced me down to Hard to continue after dying. I left it on Hard. I started on 1.03 and finished on 1.04, in case that information becomes relevant.

And if anyone is worried about it being patched before you finish, you can simply disconnect your PS5 from the internet for the rest of your playthrough

10 hours ago, airpeety said:

And if anyone is worried about it being patched before you finish, you can simply disconnect your PS5 from the internet for the rest of your playthrough

I did this but when I was going through the options to do so, you can actually just toggle the updating of apps and leave it connected to the net.  That way you can still see your friends or play online games without having to toggle the internet on and off just for Dead Space.

• Like 2