Harry Potter Hogwarts Legacy Game Discussion

Annoyingtiger888

32 minutes ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

Hello all

There are many options of hair or hats1f3a9.png so we can ignore the bad portrait, thought i already posted but why not again 1f609.png

1.png

Yes we start in year 5 through a sudden and.... creepy music.. mysterious invitation

Omg you've got a dragon as a patronus I'm so jealous! ? That's easily gotta be the coolest patronus.

29 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Yeah I've been trying to avoid a lot of things too but my excitement gets the better of me sometimes. I'm definitely going to tackle this one without any guides or anything though. I don't care how long it takes me.

Haha. I had to Google it myself. They are a bird of prey. They look a lot cooler than they sound that's for sure.

Eurasian-Marsh-Harrier-Aure1.jpg

I typically try to play a game first and then look at guides for stuff I missed unless it's a game I simply struggle too much with. Even if I struggle with this one, I still wanna power through on my own, like a true wizard! Also, that is a hella cool looking bird.

6 minutes ago, Void said:

will the game be online only or can it be played offline?

Found this on the website:

Q: Does Hogwarts Legacy have online or co-op gameplay?
A: Hogwarts Legacy is a single player experience and does not have online or co-op gameplay.

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/faq

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

This is the first I'm hearing of this...where did you hear that?

Saw a pic of some cover art that had the "requires internet". since it was not an official artwork it made me curious.

7 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Omg you've got a dragon as a patronus I'm so jealous! ? That's easily gotta be the coolest patronus.

I typically try to play a game first and then look at guides for stuff I missed unless it's a game I simply struggle too much with. Even if I struggle with this one, I still wanna power through on my own, like a true wizard! Also, that is a hella cool looking bird.

Found this on the website:

Q: Does Hogwarts Legacy have online or co-op gameplay?
A: Hogwarts Legacy is a single player experience and does not have online or co-op gameplay.

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us/faq

thanks

Saw a pic of some cover art that had the "requires internet". since it was not an official artwork it made me curious.

thanks

It may not have all data on the disc if that cover was real. Like initial prints of Spyro Collection, I heard but didn't have confirmation that more recent discs did have all the data on that disc, but initially parts of Spyro 3 weren't on the disc so it wasn't playable. And Disney Infinity 3.0 Year 2 content required internet since the data was in patches to use those figures/playsets. But in that case it was on the figures/playset card art somewhere. 

hp.png

tried this out of boredom, not sure why the image got partially cut off.

kind of funny that i got a dragon core wand and a dragon patronus

22 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

It may not have all data on the disc if that cover was real. Like initial prints of Spyro Collection, I heard but didn't have confirmation that more recent discs did have all the data on that disc, but initially parts of Spyro 3 weren't on the disc so it wasn't playable. And Disney Infinity 3.0 Year 2 content required internet since the data was in patches to use those figures/playsets. But in that case it was on the figures/playset card art somewhere. 

could be, i will probably wait until after release and see what the reviews say. not really a fan of sandbox games so that is the one thing that I am unsure of.

Edited by Void

hp.png

tried this out of boredom, not sure why the image got partially cut off.

kind of funny that i got a dragon core wand and a dragon patronus

Lol, you are the dragon's chosen one! ? Maaan, I'd kill to have a dragon patronus. Imagine how cool that'd be to see a giant dragon appear to fight off dementors. Epic.

2 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Lol, you are the dragon's chosen one! 1f409.png Maaan, I'd kill to have a dragon patronus. Imagine how cool that'd be to see a giant dragon appear to fight off dementors. Epic.

You just gave me a funny thought Imagine a "Karen" patronus, she would be demanding to talk to the Dementor's Manager in a shrill scream

• Like 1

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, a question (I hope this isn't off topic): how many different...patronuses(?) patrones(?) are available?

Well, this list shows 142 different options, but who knows if they've added more since then ?

4 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Nia8C9i.jpg

Not sure why a dolphin, but OK. xD 

Because dolphins are cool and smart :D are you gonna stick with Hufflepuff once the game comes out?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TalesofGaming said:

I took the test a few years ago and got Hufflepuff and tried again recently and got it again, so I guess I'm a destined Hufflepuff. 1f605.png Also, you couldn't believe how happy I was when I got a cat as my Patronus. 1f602.png

ErikaWitch.jpg

Wish I got a cat. Still trying to figure out where the dolphin came from. xD 

5 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

Because dolphins are cool and smart :D are you gonna stick with Hufflepuff once the game comes out?

Yea, probably. If there's a playthrough with darker stuff required, probably will go Slytherin. 

40 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Just wish I didn't have to wait to play it...no PS5 and likely won't have one before February 10 unless I got the winning Powerball numbers. xD

I feel your pain :( I know this is probably a hot take, but I kinda wish they woulda pushed it back for everyone so we could all experience it at the same time. But maybe that's just my misery wanting company haha

31 minutes ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I kinda wish they woulda pushed it back for everyone so we could all experience it at the same time.

Thanks, but no, thanks. This gen is already quite abnormal for having such an active PS4-XOne support in the first place. Waiting for the last-gen to get ironed out 2,5 years into owning PS5 would be borderline insulting. I understand that waiting is pain, trust me, I wanted to play CP77 at launch and still haven't. But it's good that developers and publisher actually acknowledged problems and are willing to not let another CP77 disaster happen. 

I'm interesed if the game will let you re-do your quiz if you are not satisfied with a results. 

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 2

On 24/01/2023 at 2:49 AM, Annoyingtiger888 said:

What in the world is a marsh harrier? Some kind of rabbit? ? and yeah, like Peanut said, there's been no confirmation if its there or not.

I'm telling Mcgonagall!! D: 

lol "some bird." Kingfisher sounds cool but is it a bird or an actual fish? ... or is it just some man wearing a crown that likes to fish?

Yes the Kingfisher is a bird: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_kingfisher

The Marsh Harrier is a bird of prey species.

11 hours ago, Annoyingtiger888 said:

I feel your pain :( I know this is probably a hot take, but I kinda wish they woulda pushed it back for everyone so we could all experience it at the same time. But maybe that's just my misery wanting company haha

I get why I did it and know it’s high time they move past PS4…but still sucks!

If you live in the US and UK, you can enter the Hogwarts Legacy House Cup to win a PS5 and the CE of Hogwarts Legacy.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1618292624879665152 

That being said, the signup is a bit bugged. Some can, some can't. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1