List of Account Specific TROPHY Related DLC

KaosGamesStore

Hi everyone! 

Wanted to throw out a topic for those of us with multiple accounts. There are certain DLC that are ONLY playable by the purchaser of the DLC, unlike most dlc that can be shared between accounts on the same console by leveraging the primary account function.

Can we work together to list out any games this applies to? Perhaps it will help the select few that are deciding on buying a game with their main account or another account (maybe a regional account for example).

*This list should only include PS3/4/5 games (vita can’t really share content between accounts). 

Ps3 only titles

ps3/ps4 cross gen titles

PS4 Only Titles

Dirt Rally 2.0 (some cars in the dlcs)

Rage 2 (both dlc)

The Division 2 (Warlords of NY)

PS4/PS5 cross gen titles

Dirt 5 (all dlc)

PS5 only titles

Games where non shareable dlc HELPS for platinum/100% but it’s not technically ‘required’

-SFV (NON CN stack) - championship upgrade is not shareable but greatly speeds up platinum time. (PS4)

-watch dogs legions - dlc operators are not shareable but greatly help with platinum/100%. (PS4/5)

I am happy to monitor the thread and add in more with suggestions provided there is enough interest ?

Edited by KaosGamesStore
Adjusted formatting
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Helldivers weapon packs

I believe the DLC trophy sets for helldivers are free/patched in though right? As in if you purchased the game on your alt. You could download the game and your main account would be able to play the full thing?

1 hour ago, fenris-lima said:

The Division 2 - NY DLC

Dirt 5

Added! Thank you for these! 

9 hours ago, KaosGamesStore said:

I believe the DLC trophy sets for helldivers are free/patched in though right? As in if you purchased the game on your alt. You could download the game and your main account would be able to play the full thing?

I think it depends. I don't remember the weapons being needed for trophies, but they may make some easier.

What happened to me in The Division 2 was that I bought the game on my BR account with the DLC. Later I saw that the DLC was account lock, but my Main account is UK, so I had to buy the base game again with DLC on my main.

Same thing with Neverwinter. Completely free game but with microtransactions, I started with my BR game, but when I wanted to buy something I had to migrate to the one in my main.

I vaguely remember something like that with Helldivers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KaosGamesStore said:

The weapons have no trophies attached, they are sadly tied to whoever purchased them though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Someone correct me, but I think all the DLC from LittleBigPlanet was account specific due to the strange licensing.

Most of the dlc got delisted or migrated to the Lbp 3 version. But some of the ones tied to level packs (and therefore trophies) were still up a tattered across a few stores/regions.

the dlc itself though could be shared so long as the game copy you were playing was the same region as the dlc. Aka it performed like normal dlc. 

1 hour ago, coregamer1998 said:

Destruction All Stars founder pack for the all characters unlocked

I do not believe any of the trophies are tied to requiring these characters though right? I haven’t started the game yet but don’t recall seeing dlc trophies. 

the goal of my list here is to help those with multiple accounts. I have fallen victim to rage 2 already and bought the dlc on one account to find out I can’t use it on my main account here. 

9 hours ago, fenris-lima said:

I think it depends. I don't remember the weapons being needed for trophies, but they may make some easier.

What happened to me in The Division 2 was that I bought the game on my BR account with the DLC. Later I saw that the DLC was account lock, but my Main account is UK, so I had to buy the base game again with DLC on my main.

Same thing with Neverwinter. Completely free game but with microtransactions, I started with my BR game, but when I wanted to buy something I had to migrate to the one in my main.

I vaguely remember something like that with Helldivers

That is rough! More power to you though for pushing through playing multiple versions!

I know the list being built here is hyper specific, but perhaps with enough interest we can expand it. :)

thank you all for your input!

• 2 months later...

Dirt rally 2.0 “Have a break” trophy it’s the only i can’t get since the game doesn’t let me buy the kit car. Any DLC cars to purchase it must tied with the account owner.

You still can access DLC cars for quick race etc. but you’re not allowed to buy it for your garage.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2023 at 3:10 PM, BluesFanUK said:

Is there a definitive list somewhere?

Watch Dogs Gold

I'm considering getting Dying Light 2 Ultimate

Watch dogs only has the bad blood dlc with trophies, anything else from the gold edition doesn’t have trophies and I’m almost positive the bad blood dlc can be used on a different account (same region).

Dying light 2, should be fine as the dlc are actual add ons in the ps store, versus like an in game add on like rage 2. 

On 8/2/2023 at 3:44 PM, Akrioz said:

Both Street Fighter 5 and 6. You can actually see in store before you buy whether it will work or not.

Street fighter 5 and 6 do not have dlc trophies though which is the focus of this list. Good info though!

2 hours ago, Trophy-QTR said:

The Crew 

The crew (first game) doesn’t have dlc trophies so the dlcs may not be shared but it won’t affect the focus of this post :) 

45 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Dirt 5 DLC, at least the ones with trophies are not account bound so it shouldn't be on this list.

This one is in the first post list :) I am editing it and adding the games as they come, if there is enough substance to this I will touch it up a bit better :) 

This misinformation was spread enough so I'm just gonna warn you in advance. The DLC for Steep is not account locked, I've got the 100% done without having the content bought on my main account. If anyone mentions Steep, just ignore them, they are parroting wrong information that they have made no effort to verify.

The DLC for Division 2 that you listed indeed is. I've made that mistake just like the other person here did.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheYuriG said:

This misinformation was spread enough so I'm just gonna warn you in advance. The DLC for Steep is not account locked, I've got the 100% done without having the content bought on my main account. If anyone mentions Steep, just ignore them, they are parroting wrong information that they have made no effort to verify.

The DLC for Division 2 that you listed indeed is. I've made that mistake just like the other person here did.

Good info to have! Haven’t gotten to steep yet myself but will keep it off the list :) 

Thanks for your input !

5 hours ago, KaosGamesStore said:

Street fighter 5 and 6 do not have dlc trophies though which is the focus of this list. Good info though!

SF5 is in such state now that you are pretty much required to buy the championship upgrade unless you want to grind for years because they nerfed the FM gains too much

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KaosGamesStore said:

This one is in the first post list :) I am editing it and adding the games as they come, if there is enough substance to this I will touch it up a bit better :) 

The substance, believe it or not, is me having played the DLCs for trophy completion and never having purchased the DLC myself..

Regarding Dirt Rally 1 and 2 both have shareable DLC but the points/cars are account tied. In Rally 1 it doesn't affect trophies IIRC, Rally 2 you need one of the cars so that's correct.

Can also vouch for Steep not being account tied.. Rage 2 is correct cause you need to buy the DLC with in-game currency, and Division 2 is only account bound because of the level boost which counts as a consumable.

I can appreciate a thread like this but sounds like a lot of work to maintain whereas one who'd care could just look up the specific game forum beforehand and ask there. As a rule of thumb, if it has consumables (e.g in-game currency, unlockables) or subscriptions those are account tied. 99% of the other DLCs work just fine through normal sharing.

• Like 1

idk if it count's but watch dogs legion dlc's CAN be shared between accounts however watch dogs legion season pass operators (aiden,wrench) are not sharable these operators are crucial to have because basically without them the game is just god awful, they make the game extremely easy so idk if you will count that or not 

5 hours ago, Aodir said:

The substance, believe it or not, is me having played the DLCs for trophy completion and never having purchased the DLC myself..

I can appreciate a thread like this but sounds like a lot of work to maintain whereas one who'd care could just look up the specific game forum beforehand and ask there. As a rule of thumb, if it has consumables (e.g in-game currency, unlockables) or subscriptions those are account tied. 99% of the other DLCs work just fine through normal sharing.

The part about substance I was meaning I guess if enough people showed interested I would make this much more formal. For now it’s kind of ad hoc. 

I don’t mind up keeping this list as it’s not a ton of game and serves as a quick reference. For those of us that have multiple accounts (whether it be for self boosting or regional variants) it helps quick reference. :)

I do appreciate your inputs !

17 hours ago, fenris-lima said:

SF5 is in such state now that you are pretty much required to buy the championship upgrade unless you want to grind for years because they nerfed the FM gains too much

I think I’ll make an *** category that mentions games where having the dlc makes it MUCH easier but it is not required per day for the platinum/100%. 

SFV is a good example. Ty!

5 hours ago, the_sultan999 said:

idk if it count's but watch dogs legion dlc's CAN be shared between accounts however watch dogs legion season pass operators (aiden,wrench) are not sharable these operators are crucial to have because basically without them the game is just god awful, they make the game extremely easy so idk if you will count that or not 

As noted in my above reply, I think I’ll put this in a subcategory of ones that aren’t REQUIRED per day but vastly improve quality of life if you will for the platinum/100%.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2023 at 10:25 PM, KaosGamesStore said:

Watch dogs only has the bad blood dlc with trophies, anything else from the gold edition doesn’t have trophies and I’m almost positive the bad blood dlc can be used on a different account (same region).

Dying light 2, should be fine as the dlc are actual add ons in the ps store, versus like an in game add on like rage 2. 

The crew (first game) doesn’t have dlc trophies so the dlcs may not be shared but it won’t affect the focus of this post :) 

I can confirm both DL2 and WDL can be played on a separate account, the only issue with WD is that you cannot play as Aidan or Wrench, they're account locked making the additional trophy a bit more challenging and time consuming.